• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandwidth caps be damned! GAF's thread for Digital Distribution Deals

fatty

ElectricThunder said:
Another direct developer deal, Soldak Entertainment has reduced the price of their first game, Depths of Peril, down to $9.99 from $19.99 for this week only.

http://www.soldak.com/

I don't SPECIFICALLY recall it lowering on down to here during the big Impulse/Steam sales, but $10 is a pretty low price. I'll give it to the end of the week to ponder myself, but considering my Steam haul, I'll likely bite.

Game is supposed to be rather solid/polished Diablo'ish affair with guilds and such other factional mischief.

Anyone have any experience with this game?

Also:

Steam Midweek Madness:
King's Bounty Gold (includes both games) $11.25

Direct2Drive:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – 50% off: $19.95

AAAAaaaaAAAA! - 50% off: $4.95

Xbox Live:
Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 50% off: 400 points

ageod games are 50% off on gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BOA/birth-of-america
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BOA2/birth-of-america-ii-wars-in-america
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ACW/american-civil-war
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NAPC/napoleons-campaigns
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WW1/world-war-one

fatty said:
Anyone have any experience with this game?
Depths of Peril? It's awesome! Soldak are coming out with a new one in a month or two, Din's Curse, a new one hehe. a new diabloer styled action rpg thing. Sounds super awesome. http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html steven's blog got a lot of smaller interesting gameplay talk and tidbits http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Steven.html .. should be up for pre-order fairly soon. preorder gets beta access. good shit.

I own three of the AGEOD wargames and really like them-they are a good mix of card-driven wargame level abstraction with lots of great supply and "grand strategy" sort of considerations. Good games, and I'd start with Wars in America (BOA2) if you had to start with one. The Civil War game is their best title but it's also IMO their most complex.

WW1 is sort of rough around the edges, I hear. I'm waiting to get the gold update sometime earlier this year when it comes out.

fatty

PSN sale now live:

PS3 Games:
Gravity Crash (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
ZEN Pinball (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Critter Crunch (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
Braid (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Burn Zombie Burn (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Tank Battles (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
Uno (now $3.99, original price $7.99)

PSP Games:
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Crystal Defenders PSP (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Creature Defense (now $3.99, original price $7.99)
Kurulin Fusion (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Thexder Neo (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

Downloadable Games
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment ($14.99)
Konami’s legendary tactical RPG series returns! On the continent of Sostegaria, two rival kingdoms stand on the brink of war. Caught in the tide of battle is young orphan Tobias Martin. Driven to defend his homeland, and to avenge those already fallen, Tobias enlists with his comrades to fight for peace. But all is not what it seems, and they face a threat far deadlier – and closer – than they know.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 581 MB

PS one Classics
Championship Bass ($5.99)
Hit the lakes in this realistic bass simulation. You have many tricks in your arsenal, but do you have what it takes to reel in the big one?
ESRB Rated E
File size: 151 MB

Add-on Game Content
SingStar Viewer (free)
Download the SingStar Viewer today and get access to the best interactive online SingStar content straight from the XMB Menu. Check out hot new tracks at the SingStore, the best performances from the SingStar community at My SingStar Online and everything in between – only on PlayStation 3.
File size: 93 MB

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Warriors of Justice (free)
“Dragon Ball: Raging Blast” Character Pack #5 is now available! The fifth release is the “Warriors of Justice Pack!” This pack contains Kid Gohan, Gohan, Kid Trunks, Goten and Videl!
They fight, in the name of justice! The power of justice will conquer it all!
File size: 116 KB

WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2010 Stone Cold Steve Austin DLC ($0.99)
Download this pack and play as WWE Legend, Stone Cold Steve Austin.
File size: 5.02 MB

Doytch

Telltale is offering Sam & Max Season One for $4.95 on their website. They've also got a questionnaire you can fill out for a 15% coupon. And the Strong Bad season is on sale for $19.95.

Those deals end January 31.

fatty

Steam Weekend Deal:

The Freedom Force Pack $2.00
X-Com Complete - $2.00
Tropico 3 - $13.60

spotlight_freedomforce.jpg
spotlight_xcom.jpg
tropico3wed_spotlight.jpg

fatty

New PSN sale:

D3 PSP Game Sale:

Ben 10: Protector of Earth - Temporary Sale (now $12.99, original price $14.99)
Cube - Temporary Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dead Head Fred - Temporary Sale (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient - Temporary Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2 - Temporary Sale (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Temporary Sale (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
WTF: Work Time Fun - Temporary Sale (now $7.99, original price $9.99)

Steam Weekend Deal:

Far Cry Complete Package: $14.95

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A heads up, capcom is having some sales for the next few weeks on PSN:

February 18, 2010 – Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for only $7.49!
February 25, 2010 – Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $7.49!
March 4, 2010 – Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $4.99!
March 11, 2010 – Age of Booty for only $4.99!
March 18, 2010 – 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

fatty

Weekend Update Time:

GOG.com:
This weekend only, Divinity titles up to 50% off
With the newest part in the Divinity series released recently, we're offering you the two previous games for the lowest price ever! This weekend you can grab Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity with a 30% discount. But if you decide to buy both games in one order or if you already have one of the Divinity games and decide to buy the other - you'll receive a 50% discount.

PSN:

Capcom sale starting 2/18 on PSN

- February 18, 2010 – Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for only $7.49!
- February 25, 2010 – Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $7.49!
- March 4, 2010 – Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $4.99!
- March 11, 2010 – Age of Booty for only $4.99!
- March 18, 2010 – 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Impulse:
Thanks to cheapo72 at CAG:
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $14.99 (50% off)
Nemesis of the Roman Empire $4.99 (50% off)
Buccaners' Bounty Bundle $19.99 [Patrician III, Port Royale 2, Tortuga: Pirates of the New World] (60% off)
Age of Booty $4.99 (50% off)
Tropico 3 $26.79 (33% off)

Steam:

Shattered Horizon free this weekend
Own it for $9.99 (50% off)

THQ Complete sale: $49.99

I really enjoyed Majesty 2. Definitely a game that wound up being more than the sum of its parts.

Looking forward to Kingmaker with the skirmish mode and what not.

kswiston

Batman: Arkham Asylum is on sale at Gamersgate.com for $19.99 (60% off)

I think that is the cheapest I have seen the game on a digital distribution platform. Worth checking out!

Danneee

hylje said:
g2play.net: Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition 28eur

Friend recommended me this place and had my first purchase done by this deal by paypal.
Has other pretty solid deals to check upon.

Just bought Crysis Warhead and am downloading it via the EA downloader. A steal at €6. And Dragon Age costs €15...
I believe the store is in a kind of grey area as they sell retail cd keys but as long as you can activate the key through steam or ea it shouldn't be a problem.

Javaman

Fragamemnon said:
I really enjoyed Majesty 2. Definitely a game that wound up being more than the sum of its parts.

Looking forward to Kingmaker with the skirmish mode and what not.

So did I. It reminds me of the kickass city building/lair destruction from Actraiser.

fatty

Anyone have any thoughts on how the GFW Live client compares to the other services? I've got Steam which is always on in the toolbar as well as Impulse and D2D. I still haven't used Impulse yet even though I've bought a couple of games from them and it appears that D2D I can just download the game and I don't need to mess with a client running in the background.

But I'm not sure how GFW Live is implemented and I'm hesitant to add yet another DD service to the list.

coopolon

Buttonbasher said:
GOG.com has some Majesco games 50% off this weekend.

Advent Rising - 4.19
Bloodrayne - 4.19
Bloodrayne 2 - 6.99
Psychonauts - 6.99

Or all of them for 15.96

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/majesco

Are GoG games guaranteed to work in 7? I really want to get Psychonauts, but so far every version I've tried the demo from has not worked in 7 64 bit, and I know it's worked for other people, but none of the versions released so far are "technically" for 7, so I can't complain to technical support to help me.

coopolon said:
Are GoG games guaranteed to work in 7? I really want to get Psychonauts, but so far every version I've tried the demo from has not worked in 7 64 bit, and I know it's worked for other people, but none of the versions released so far are "technically" for 7, so I can't complain to technical support to help me.
I would guess it would be on a game to game basis, but I know they do usually test them to make sure they work on most machines.

If you want to believe a comment section from a quick google search then 'Duckmanx88' says "the demo doesn't work but the game itself does work on win7x64. bought it yesterday."

Not sure how reliable he is, but maybe he's right. Probably best to wait for a GAFfer who has 7 to answer your question though....

coopolon said:

They're guaranteed to work in Vista and considering Vista and 7 are very similar under the hood and have damn near identical compatibility I'd say you've got a good 95%+ guarantee that they'll work in W7. They're working on certifying most of the catalogue for W7 compatibility last time I checked, but won't guarantee compatibility until they've properly tested the games themselves, which is fair enough really. You can always check the corresponding forum at gog.com for the game and any potential issues are sure to be mentioned in there.

Top Bottom