• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandwidth caps be damned! GAF's thread for Digital Distribution Deals

Minsc

Gold Member
coopolon said:
Are GoG games guaranteed to work in 7? I really want to get Psychonauts, but so far every version I've tried the demo from has not worked in 7 64 bit, and I know it's worked for other people, but none of the versions released so far are "technically" for 7, so I can't complain to technical support to help me.

I'm going to be picking it up tonight, with this sale. If you hold off a bit, I'll let you know how it goes. There were no threads in the forums for specific issues, so I expect it to work fine.

coopolon

Minsc said:
I'm going to be picking it up tonight, with this sale. If you hold off a bit, I'll let you know how it goes. There were no threads in the forums for specific issues, so I expect it to work fine.

Thanks! I will wait to hear about your experiences.

Minsc

Gold Member
Well it works... and great too. D3DOverider vsyncs it to a perfect 60, it runs at 1920x1200, and the in-game FSAA works as well.

When I volunteered to test it, I thought I was in the GoG thread, so any further questions just take there... they'll be more on topic in that thread, but I'm glad to clear up compatibility questions.

Danneee

The deal this weekend on Games on Demand is Street Fighter 4, $20 or 1360 MS points. Kind of a dissapointment after the cheap as dirt Batman last week and personally I'll wait for SF4 to drop below €10 before I buy it dd.

Danneee said:
The deal this weekend on Games on Demand is Street Fighter 4, $20 or 1360 MS points. Kind of a dissapointment after the cheap as dirt Batman last week and personally I'll wait for SF4 to drop below €10 before I buy it dd.
If that points convert to UK standards then that is about £12.50, not bad, but the console and pc versions dropped to £15 long ago if you knew where to look , plus I own it already.

gregor7777 said:
Is Condemned a GFWL game?
It's not on the gfwl list, so nope.

eznark

Banned
great, great deal on indie strategy games:

http://indiestrategygames.com/

Solium Infernum, AI War + expansion and Gratuitous Space Battles + Expansion for $49.99. I already own the first two but I'm tempted to buy it again just to encourage this type of behavior.

Sysgen

Both GFWL and Impulse have SFIV for $20

brain_stew said:
Now I remember why I don't use Gamer's Gate very much. Downloads are slooooooooooooooooow. Condemned 2 is still not done. :(

Bought 2 games last night including Condemned. Didn't time the d/ls but I had no issue with the speed. Did both simultaneously and both maxed out my 20 Mbps connection.

graywolf323

brain_stew said:
Now I remember why I don't use Gamer's Gate very much. Downloads are slooooooooooooooooow. Condemned 2 is still not done. :(

I only ever bought one game from them, forget which one but it took over 24 hours to download and then the cd-key didn't work and it took them 2 tries before getting me one that worked >_<

zoku88

brain_stew said:
That's weird. I can usually download stuff pretty fast. like MB/s type speed.

brain_stew said:
What? Condemned 2 was console only. Maybe you mean the first one?

Indie Strategy Games pack.

I know it's been posted twice before, great work eznark and Gexecutor, but please, please have a look at this. We're currently about to start our 5th Solium Infernum game over at Eurogamer and we're having a wail of a time.

Have a search for some game diaries if you're on the fence about it. I bought it at full price and i feel it is well worth it. We use dropbox to manage the turns and it works a treat. The moaning, name calling, rage, frustration and gloating that occur in the threads for each game coupled with the secrecy and misdirection adds another level to the proceedings.

I've heard the other two games in the pack are good too, i haven't tried them but i'm waiting for imminent feedback from some who have.

The game needs more love... and potential rulers. Please Strategy/Boardgame GAF at least have a look.

Pretty please :)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
EdwardTivrusky said:
Indie Strategy Games pack.

I know it's been posted twice before, great work eznark and Gexecutor, but please, please have a look at this. We're currently about to start our 5th Solium Infernum game over at Eurogamer and we're having a wail of a time.

Have a search for some game diaries if you're on the fence about it. I bought it at full price and i feel it is well worth it. We use dropbox to manage the turns and it works a treat. The moaning, name calling, rage, frustration and gloating that occur in the threads for each game coupled with the secrecy and misdirection adds another level to the proceedings.

I've heard the other two games in the pack are good too, i haven't tried them but i'm waiting for imminent feedback from some who have.

The game needs more love... and potential rulers. Please Strategy/Boardgame GAF at least have a look.

Pretty please :)

You forgot to link to the awesome let's play of Solium Infernum made by the rockpapershotgun.com guys, it's what made me interested in the game in the first place hopefully it does the same for others, it's just too bad i don't have 50 bucks laying around otherwise i would get the bundle right away.

fatty

Steam Midweek Madness:

Square Enix, Eidos Week Day 1

Hitman and Deus Ex Bundle

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Released Mar 29, 200790$9.99
$4.99

Deus Ex: Invisible War
Released Mar 29, 200780$9.99
$4.99

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Released Mar 15, 200787$9.99
$4.99

Hitman: Blood Money
Released Mar 15, 200782$9.99
$4.99

The whole pack is $16.98

Gexecuter said:
gametap sells games now? umm how is the service?

* You can uninstall and re-install your game on the same PC as many times as you may need to.
* You can automatically activate your game on any number of PCs within reason.
* The number of automatic activations varies between games depending on the game publisher’s DRM policies. If you reach this number, it can easily be reset by our customer support.

Seems pretty reasonable.

Everdred

Thinking about bitting on The Club but I hate having games spread through a ton of different services.

GFWL
Steam
Direct2Drive
Gametap.

It's only 4 but it's still a pain.

Dynoro said:
Not bad TA price - but I think you can get the addon pack too on Impulse for a couple of bucks more.
yeah, 10 buckaroos from impulse. that's the one I got.. already had a atari metaboli and boxed copy aswell.

and well that might actually be the same deal as on impulse though, with the one addon included. gamersgate aren't the best at getting proper info typed onto the site, usually takes a couple of passes. if anyone buys ta from gamersgate check if the addon is on there and tell us, but don't expect it to be there :))

Minsc

Gold Member
THE LONGEST JOURNEY and SANITARIUM are both 50% off on GoG, for $4.99 each this weekend. Both include the soundtrack, and are very great games!

Wilhelm

Neo Member
direct2drive.co.uk / direct2drive.com has Europa Universalis Rome Gold for 5 dollars / 5 pounds

Can anyone tell whether I should play Europa Unversalis Rome or Europa Universalis III?

Are 1c games good or just shovelware? they seem to have a lot of titles which go on sale often.

D2D have universe at war for $4.95 but just like the cheap deal on Red Faction the other month if you live in the EU or UK you can buy it from the american website for about £3 after conversions and taxes. (£3.95 is the UK asking price) But you can buy this game at retail for rather cheap in the UK so it might not be worth the time :lol

Also are gamersgate and D2D related in any way? since they both have the universe at war game on offer at the same price.

I only link stuff I like btw. hehe. gm rally is pushing it, it's kind of shovelware, but it's fun (a bit like the techland rally games). the others are great. especially faces of war and death to spies. ufo games are ok x-com things, 7.62 is ok jagged alliance thing, planet alcatraz is batshit insane.

Diablohead said:
Also are gamersgate and D2D related in any way? since they both have the universe at war game on offer at the same price.
no. gamersgate was spun out of paradox interactive. d2d is ign or something, news corp.

fatty

PSN

Spring Fever Returns on PlayStation Network!

Hey PSN Folks –
Spring Fever returns! Join us as PlayStation Network celebrates exceptional games during Spring Fever, one of our biggest annual events. Find spring-inspired game sales, special content bundles and exclusive bonus items only downloadable on the PlayStation Store. This week’s offerings include Gravity Crash (PS3) and Everyday Shooter (PS3) and (PSP) each for $4.99 (regularly priced $9.99).

Impulse

The Witcher Enhanced Edition for $10.

Not sure how long this sale will last though.

Top Bottom