• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barrett and Jessie are the worst 2 characters in the whole of FF franchise

Doom85

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF
Joel Mchale Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Vince Vaughn GIF
Disappointed Sean Hayes GIF by Will & Grace

He is always yelling and rude for no reason. He seems slow too.
He threatened to kill cloud for no reason.
He treated Cloud like a pedophile for trying to speak with Marlene.
What do you call that? I call it a manchild who his brain didn't fully devlop. I don't think he is cool at all, he is just irritating. I guess if you have a Stockholm Syndrome and you hate yourself then you might be into him 🤷
I sincerely wonder if you know what stockholm syndrome is. Also, he's an eco-terrorist, did you expect him to be as jovial as someone like Zidane? Grow up.

Ozzie666

I still don't understand how Barrett doesn't get more negative press and blowback from fans or social justice warriors. He is so inappropriate in todays standards and profiling of people of color. Or did I miss all that? He's a good character flaws and all, don't get me wrong. I just find it funny people would rally against far less. I remember more crying about Ghosts.

Anyhow. He is pretty old school stereotypical, but I guess that's how Japan rolls! Jesse's outward behaviors are so obviously and playful to coverup her serious pain inside. But one of the least likeable or needed for the story really. I could definitely see how one is offensive compared to the other being a child in a grown up body, almost in a mockingly way.

Barrett should have been voiced by Mr. T. But he is the leader, the driving source and family man. He really grew on me this time around, even with all the stereotypes.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Holy shit totally disagree.
Both of those characters are exceedingly well done in FFVII:R compared to the original game.
Like goddamn. To say Barret is just 'charismatic' completely undersells his role.
Jessie went from a non-character to an actual fleshed out person that I actually cared for this time.

Rran

My unpopular FFVII opinion: the true worst character is Cid. Scuzzy, gross wife-beater. I find nearly nothing redeeming about this abusive butt-hole.

Whitecrow

Banned
OP you are offended because Jessie does actually chase openly what she wants, which takes a lot more bravery than making a thread like this behind a screen.

And yes, Im offended because Jessie is awesome.

Neofire

Yup the only Black dude in the game is somehow the worst character in it 👀......being dumb/ignorant but let's forget about all the airheaded things the main character does on top of getting in the dress 🤷🏿‍♂️

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Barrett is one of the best characters in the game. He gets a lot more development at Corel prison and is the one to pep talk Cloud at Gongaga Village.

K2D

Banned
Id let Jessie rape me anytime.
Jessie does actually kiss Cloud after being verbally asked to back off.
She's not some rapist but she be likely to get punched in the face if she were a dude an absolute creep.

I love her though. She and Barret and great, doing bad things does not make you a bad character.
I don't use twitter... you don't need to be sjw or use twitter to have common sense.
You're implying these kind of people don't exist.
Rapist? really?
Stay away from that other reeeeeetarded site as well as sjw twitter.
It's ruining and corrupting you.

Remake made it abundantly clear that Jessie likes to beat on her partners....

Thabass

She's "chasing" after him. It's supposed to be funny and adorable. In case you didn't notice, the writers succeeded and most of the playerbase enjoyed those scenes and love Jesse. The culture is different over in Japan in how they handle romantic comedy. But you're calling Jesse a "rapist". If Jesse is anything by American standards, she's a bit of a creep.

You seem overly sensitive if I'm being honest.
And now he's overly banned.

Top Bottom