• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

pahamrick

Code:
 Change #1125792                                27 minutes ago
 Changed changenumber – 1125759 › 1125792

Well, someone is still changing stuff on the game.

comrade

I greatly appreciate you testing it out. It's unfortunate that this has to be done, but thanks to my gsync monitor, I can deal with drops to the 40s. Thanks again!

I should add this is with all NVIDIA effects set to OFF. Everything else is cranked to max.

Hattori

Banned
I'm using shadowplay FPS counter, and 30 MFing FPS capped -- Rocksteady too busy making DLC to ship a quality product it seems

Lingitiz

Ouch at some of the issues in this thread. PC game launches have not been great this year overall - although once sorted the ports themselves are fine.

So here is hoping there is a patch or fix for this framerate because it going between low 20's back up to 60 then back to 40 then down to full on multiple second long freezes during real time cinematics sucks so much. The game looks incredible, but if this keeps up I might have to switch over to PS4.

Kinthalis

Banned
Guys, please post whether you're running fullscreen or borderless window please. As I mentioned, borderless window solved the issues I was having, I'm thinking the v-sync implementation is borked and if you have that on and in full-screen the game chugs.

baphomet

I should add this is with all NVIDIA effects set to OFF. Everything else is cranked to max.

Give it a try with the Game works on. That second 970 should handle all of that by itself, with little drop to the main 970 handling the game.

Rizific

Out of curiosity, why would you want to remove the intro? Is that where you even the odds?

faster time to get to the things that actually matter, like the game. if i have an option to skip intros, ill always go for it. it drives my crazy when devs dont allow you to skip intros/splash screens.

comrade

Guys, please post whether you're runnign fullscreen or bordeless window please. As I mentioned, borderless window solved the issues Iw as having, I'm thinking the v-syunc implementaiotn is borked and if you have that on and in full-screen the game chugs.

Going to try borderless window then, I'll report back.

jrcbandit

It definitely runs better. For right now if you want to play the game and you have an SLI setup I think this is the way to do it. It still runs pretty poorly though. I'm getting drops into the low 40s driving around the city in the batmobile. Gliding around I'm getting 80-100fps.

So to do this, do I need to disable SLI, then select Physx for the 2nd card and click dedicate check box? The main thing I am questioning is if I am supposed to disable SLI?

i remember the consensus that ports would be better now that console hardware is so similar to pc. ports are worse than they have ever been

Joeku

Had the game crash around an hour in with that DXGI error. That seems par for the course.

What isn't, though, is that now every time I start the game since that crash, there's no sound and the intro videos are MASSIVELY hitching. Like, it will render a few frames of video, pause for a second, render another few, pause, etc.

As a brief aside, this isn't the first time I've had this super video choppiness happen, but before it was mostly slightly older games (most recently the Force Unleashed series) leaving the games entirely unplayable, and even other games performing at 60 FPS at low temperatures (DiRT 3 and Life is Strange) crashing and making the video driver reset. I have a 970. I'm inexperienced with video card issues; guess I got lucky before. Should I assume this is a driver thing, or maybe faulty hardware?

Servbot24

Banned
T18IA1S.gif

Haha, such a "Okay, fuck this guy" face.

i remember the consensus that ports would be better now that console hardware is so similar to pc. ports are worse than they have ever been

The consensus is that Unreal Engine + DX11 is still shit

Nah but it's just really disappointing. I guess DX12 will save us all?

At 2560x1440 and everything maxed.
i5 2500k @ 4GHz
16GB RAM
2 980tis. Since SLI is currently broken, one of the 980tis is set as a dedicated Physx card.

Minimum: 38
Maximum: 78
Average: 59

That seems about what I'm getting in game as well. It's mostly staying around 60 with some occasional dips into the mid 40s. Hopefully SLI will work soon so I can get a constant 60.

Also, for a comparison, here is with all Gameworks settings turned off.
Minimum: 65
Maximum: 107
Average: 81

What am I reading... just got home and hearing about the bad performances on a 970. :(

Downloading my drivers now and I'll see with an i5 4690

theeraser

At 2560x1440 and everything maxed.
i5 2500k @ 4GHz
16GB RAM
2 980tis. Since SLI is currently broken, one of the 980tis is set as a dedicated Physx card.

Minimum: 38
Maximum: 78
Average: 59

That seems about what I'm getting in game as well. It's mostly staying around 60 with some occasional dips into the mid 40s. Hopefully SLI will work soon so I can get a constant 60.

Also, for a comparison, here is with all Gameworks settings turned off.
Minimum: 65
Maximum: 107
Average: 81
Dude... you have TWO 980 Tis and only a 2500k?!

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
I just bought the game via GMG and added the key to steam. It finished "pre loading" but the game isn't unlocked for me yet? I'm in Canada (east coast).

VPN trick worked. Running smooth everything maxed out (including geForce stuff) 59-60 frames without any hacks. I am the chosen one?

970 Windows 10 (with today's win10 nvidia update)

comrade

No change for me using Bordleless Window. Also I get the exact same FPS with nvidia effects turned on or off when I use my 2nd gpu for physx.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm not even excited anymore. I'll probably just start a different game tomorrow and let them sort this out before I play.

Majorly bummed out. Wish I would have went the PS4 route.

Hmm it will be interesting to see how the game runs on my setup...

i5 2500
GTX 680
16 GB RAM

I believe I should be able to run this at recommended settings... hopefully...

comrade

So to do this, do I need to disable SLI, then select Physx for the 2nd card and click dedicate check box? The main thing I am questioning is if I am supposed to disable SLI?

Yes disable SLI. Having Physx settings set to auto should automatically use your 2nd gpu for physx. You can tell by where the arrow is pointing. You can also manually set it to your (2) gpu.

Guys, please post whether you're running fullscreen or borderless window please. As I mentioned, borderless window solved the issues I was having, I'm thinking the v-sync implementation is borked and if you have that on and in full-screen the game chugs.

V-Sync off and borderless window feels a little bit smoother, but I still experience heavy framerate drops (R9 290).

game wins the award of most dishonest pc benchmark tool of all time

Yep lol.

GTX670 Tri-SLI

Game is running decently for me, though an occasional frame-dipping. Average is 75 FPS with everything maxed except for smoke and debris.

In game performance is certainly worse, FPS is around the late 50s based on RTSS.

Fuck, I just bought this from GMG and I have a 970. Now i'm instantly annoyed.

These bad performance issues are with the day one patch, or is that just for consoles?

Gemüsepizza;169458005 said:
V-Sync off and borderless window feels a little bit smoother, but I still experience heavy framerate drops (R9 290).

Yep same here, on a 980. There are still substantial framerate drops but they don't seem to be a severe.

Top Bottom