• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

d00d3n

Any 4k benchmarks? Won't be done downloading till a few hours, eager to see how it runs on a Titan X/980 TI

I just did one.

specs: 3570k@4.6GHz, 8 gig ram, Titan X SC, windows 7, ssd, 750 ti physx (+160c,+650m)
settings: 2180p, vsync off, fullscreen, everything else maxed

Min 32, max 56, avg 40 in the in-game benchmark.

Some other results:
(Min 50, max 106, avg 68 for 1080p, other settings unchanged)
(Min 51, max 100, avg 72 for 1080p, physx on titan x, other settings unchanged)
(Min 44, max 104, avg 65 for 1080p, physx on 750 ti without oc, other settings unchanged)

Phionoxx

Left the 30 fps cap on for the time being as I prefer a locked framerate to drop.

2500K at 4.5Ghz
780 GTX SC (3 GB)
16GB RAM

1080P, all options maxed, full screen, in game v sync enabled. game works advanced rain on, other game works options disabled. About one hour in and no issues. Running real smooth for me so far. Haven't noticed any tearing or hitching. No crashes yet.

Anyway to force 5.1 surround sound? In audio settings I have it set to "large speakers" but pretty sure it is only outputting 2.1 audio. At least for voice.

ktroopa

I've gotten MSI Afterburner to work reliably by adding the .exe in RivaTuner Statistics Server and setting Stealth mode to ON.

can you please post a screenshot of your RT setup, ive tried so many options and cant get the overlay to appear. did you turn off steam overlay by any chance?

Permanently A

Hmm it will be interesting to see how the game runs on my setup...

i5 2500
GTX 680
16 GB RAM

I believe I should be able to run this at recommended settings... hopefully...

I'm right there with you... except I have half the RAM and a 6870...

just kidding. I'm probably getting this on PS4

AEREC

I can live with the framerate locked at 30, but is it a smooth 30fps like the consoles or is it a slideshow 30fps similar to the Witcher 3's 30fps optional lock?

I was all thrilled to get on this. Looks like I'll be giving Heavensward my attention first and waiting for a patch or two on this one.

Eyothrie

Left the 30 fps cap on for the time being as I prefer a locked framerate to drop.

2500K at 4.5Ghz
780 GTX SC (3 GB)
16GB RAM

1080P, all options maxed, full screen, in game v sync enabled. game works advanced rain on, other game works options disabled. About one hour in and no issues. Running real smooth for me so far. Haven't noticed any tearing or hitching. No crashes yet.

Anyway to force 5.1 surround sound? In audio settings I have it set to "large speakers" but pretty sure it is only outputting 2.1 audio. At least for voice.

Is your sound card Dolby digital live compatible? Using optical instead of hdmi for audio? I've noticed that newer games don't support DDL, at least not 5.1

Really really agitated at what I'm reading.

I don't care about getting 60fps. I just want my locked 30fps @ 4k (no one seems to be testing this res).

But what's really bothering me is people saying the game doesn't look impressive. Those screenshots look amazing. I find this hard to believe really.

Corpekata

Banned
Really really agitated at what I'm reading.

I don't care about getting 60fps. I just want my locked 30fps @ 4k (no one seems to be testing this res).

But what's really bothering me is people saying the game doesn't look impressive. Those screenshots look amazing. I find this hard to believe really.

It depends on the area. Some areas have weird textures not popping in. Some interiors are also really bland (like the intro area for the Benchmark).

It generally looks pretty good though.

Sigh. Seems like this will be the first and last time I purchase a PC game prior to release. I'll still boot it up once it unlocks and see how it runs but it's looking like I'll be buying the PS4 version tomorrow.

I'm confident that the game will be patched to address a lot of performance issues, but I'm shocked that this game is locked to 30fps on PC. They did such a good job with Arkham City, Asylum, and even Origins.

Mechazawa

What the fuck kind of developer puts in a benchmark for a game that, on the outset, they intend people to play at 30fps with to the point that they institute an .ini cap.

Like, those are two measures that comes from two completely different ideals and approaches to PC ports.

The mind boggles.

comrade

Got it, thanks! Using the VPN trick so it is unlocking now. Hope that I don't get too poor of performance on a pair of 970s (with the 2nd set to PhysX).

It's definitely playable. Especially so if you have a gsync monitor. I'm personally going to wait for a driver update or a patch because I don't have a gsync monitor and I will have a way better experience with working SLI.

GeForce Experience is suggesting I turn a bunch of settings up.

I thought I could trust their judgement on this.

GE is pretty erratic in its recommendations. It tells me to use low settings w/ DSR in a lot of games, or just low settings in general. Makes no sense to me, considering my TX gets a solid 60 with max settings and the recommended DSR level in those games. Lol

Tovarisc

What the fuck kind of developer puts in a benchmark for a game that, on the outset, they intend people to play at 30fps with to the point that they institute an .ini cap.

Like, those are two measures that comes from two completely different ideals and approaches to PC ports.

The mind boggles.

1. People run benchmark
  2. Benchmark shows game to average around 60FPS
  3. People play game without knowing 30FPS lock
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

Meh I think I will wait for a patch or at least a statement from Rocksteady. Not much fun playing like this.

It's definitely playable. Especially so if you have a gsync monitor. I'm personally going to wait for a driver update or a patch because I don't have a gsync monitor and I will have a way better experience with working SLI.

Yeah this really made me wish I had a G-Sync/Freesync monitor.

Phionoxx

Is your sound card Dolby digital live compatible? Using optical instead of hdmi for audio? I've noticed that newer games don't support DDL, at least not 5.1

No using audio out through HDMI directly into my receiver. Not sure what the deal is. 5.1 works just fine with the same setup on different games. Anyone else having issues getting surround sound to work?

Sullichin

Can't get a solid 60fps even with everything on low with a 970. Even with the 30fps lock there is annoying stuttering sometimes. Really disappointed with the performance :/

Delt31

damn it - anyone having issues installing latest batman drivers NVidia? I downloaded them but when it goes to install is gives me a red X and says things aren't found when installing. WFT?

ST3K3LLY

Banned
I'm definitely interested in everything on max at 4k @ 30hz. Anyone using these settings? I finish work in 3 and half hours....

ktroopa

Steam overlay is on. Here you go.

thanks buddy, but for some reason mine still does not work. im running the GTA V driver do you think that could be why its not showing? however overlay is working fine in other steam games.

my settings are exactly the same as yours, but msi refuses to show, what could it be

Jtrizzy

Wow I can't get to this for another hour or so, but it sounds like a complete disaster even for sli 970's and a 2600k@4.4?

MDSLKTR

I knew I should have asked gmg for a refund... Just gonna get the ps4 version if there's any available tomorrow in stores

Peterthumpa

Stutterfest, really. Playing locked at 30 FPS, when it does not stutter, it's a "console 30 FPS" experience.

Also, GameWorks for some reason refuses to work sometimes.

And it crashes. A fucking lot. Jesus.

JackHerer

Damn. This is really annoying. I was looking forward to trying it out tonight and I have it pre-loaded and ready to go, but now I don't think I will waste my time with it based on what I'm hearing.

SaiyanRaoh

VPN trick worked. Running smooth everything maxed out (including geForce stuff) 59-60 frames without any hacks. I am the chosen one?

970 Windows 10 (with today's win10 nvidia update)

Could you or someone PM me with what program you're using and the method? I've used FlyVPN, Cyberghost and VPN Gate and while it seems to work, Steam won't unpack the game.

The performance for me has been terrible so far! Filled with stuttering, regardless of settings or resolution! Why the fuck is this game locked to 30fps on PC???? THAT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!! I only have a GTX 970, but what about the people with 980/980 Ti/Titan X's? Even then, if this game is running smoothly on a PS4 at 1080p there is no reason my PC should not be able to do the same AT THE VERY LEAST! At this point, I am hoping that some day one patch is going to be released and it just drastically improves the situation, otherwise I am going to get a refund. $60 for a barely functioning game is complete fucking garbage.

EDIT: System Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: 6GB DDR3
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970
SSD: Samsung Evo 840 128GB

BashNasty

Wait, what? There's supposedly a 30fps lock? I've been playing at 1440p on a 970 at max settings with no gameworks and everything is buttery smooth.

I am on a G-sync monitor though, does that somehow fix the issue?

baphomet

Wow I can't get to this for another hour or so, but it sounds like a complete disaster even for sli 970's and a 2600k@4.4?

Setting one of your 970s as a dedicated physx card is probably your best bet currently. That will handle all of the gameworks options being on.

After seeing how well it handles Witcher 3, I'm confident of a good, strong 30FPS with my 670GTX/i5-3570k workhorse. The ol' girl's got some life in her yet.

Eyothrie

The performance for me has been terrible so far! Filled with stuttering, regardless of settings or resolution! Why the fuck is this game locked to 30fps on PC???? THAT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!! I only have a GTX 970, but what about the people with 980/980 Ti/Titan X's? Even then, if this game is running smoothly on a PS4 at 1080p there is no reason my PC should not be able to do the same AT THE VERY LEAST! At this point, I am hoping that some day one patch is going to be released and it just drastically improves the situation, otherwise I am going to get a refund. $60 for a barely functioning game is complete fucking garbage.

Agreed. It's completely unacceptable.

Top Bottom