• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Teleporter

Developers shiting on our heads again unfortunally... My game still locked out but as i read all this my bat Heart was crushed and... crushed and... crushed....

justjim89

Steam says that the content is still encrypted. I've never seen that with a pre-load before. Is that abnormal?

Btw, Greenman Gaming gave me two Steam keys, the first one activated the game for me and it's not letting me put in the second one because the game isn't out yet. What's the second key for?

Nekrono

Win 8.1
i5 2500k at 4GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970 G1 stock
1080p with everything maxed out including Gameworks stuff.

60 FPS when you start playing at the tower but as soon as you start gliding getting weird/random FPS spikes that take the framerate all over the place. Also getting several crashes and seems that the game might have memory leaks according to error messages from Windows. I hope the fix it soon.

On the plus side it seems that 30 FPS lock provides a pretty smooth experience, it doesn't feel as smooth at 60 but it's not jerky as other PC games at 30, I might end up locking it to 30 instead since the random FPS spikes when unlocking the framerate really kill the experience. Also I tried downsampling from 1440p and FPS remained steady at 30 and this game truly benefits from better AA.

As far as the stutter go I haven played enough to notice I was just gliding around the city as soon as you start.

These are just impressions from gliding around as soon as you start playing since the benchmark is shit.

thanks buddy, but for some reason mine still does not work. im running the GTA V driver do you think that could be why its not showing? however overlay is working fine in other steam games.

my settings are exactly the same as yours, but msi refuses to show, what could it be

Mine is not working either, same settings.

Teleporter

Steam says that the content is still encrypted. I've never seen that with a pre-load before. Is that abnormal?

Btw, Greenman Gaming gave me two Steam keys, the first one activated the game for me and it's not letting me put in the second one because the game isn't out yet. What's the second key for?

Harley Quinn missions...

Man, just got home from Kung-Fu class expecting to be an hour away from some hot 60 FPS Batman goodness on my 970. What a bummer.

Spartix

Well I have played for about 2 hours now and so far the game is more than playable. In fact everything seems to run fine BUT the batmobile. The batmobile is actually the only time I have ever encountered any significant stuttering but other than that I am getting 60-100fps everywhere else. Like other people were saying I think it has something to do with the streaming of textures. Considering how quickly you move around in the batmobile into new areas I guess it would make sense. Still its not unplayable, just incredibly annoying.

Specs -

GTX 970
i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz
16gb RAM
Windows 7

2nd one is the free dlc for preordering maybe?

Qassim

I suspect the 30fps lock is a bug.

I'm actually getting a rather smooth experience when I disable SLI - mostly 60fps+ all settings on max except Gameworks off flying around the city. I'll see if dedicating one of my GPUs to PhysX and enabling that stuff is possible at a reasonable framerate until SLI is fixed. It's the bat-mobile and diving towards the city that often brings the framerate up and down in wild fluctuations.

i7 4770K @ 4.5Ghz
2x GTX 780s
16GB RAM
Installed on an SSD.

1080p - G-SYNC (144hz).

wowzors

Win 8.1
i5 2500k at 4GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970 G1 stock
1080p with everything maxed out including Gameworks stuff.

60 FPS when you start playing at the tower but as soon as you start gliding getting weird/random FPS spikes that take the framerate all over the place. Also getting several crashes and seems that the game might have memory leaks according to error messages from Windows. I hope the fix it soon.

On the plus side it seems that 30 FPS lock provides a pretty smooth experience, it doesn't feel as smooth at 60 but it's not jerky as other PC games at 30, I might end up locking it to 30 instead since the random FPS spikes when unlocking the framerate really kill the experience. Also I tried downsampling from 1440p and FPS remained steady at 30 and this game truly benefits from better AA.

As far as the stutter go I haven played enough to notice I was just gliding around the city as soon as you start.

These are just impressions from gliding around as soon as you start playing since the benchmark is shit.

Mine is not working either, same settings.

From other people it seems like the bat mobile kills fps. I'd be interested to know how it runs for you, our setups are near identical.

TheRed

I can play the game fine locked at 30 and high settings but I still want a refund. But I bought from GMG :( doubt they will refund.

Using a 2GB GTX 760. Can't get a smooth 30fps with any settings unless I drop down to low texture quality, even at 720p.
CPU is an i7 4770k.

Time for an upgrade / slash refund I think. Low textures are pretty ugly.

God damn... Looks like I will be upgrading my PC sooner rather than later.

Phionoxx

For what it's worth, if I were having a smooth experience as of right now, I wouldn't be posting in this thread. I'd be in game.

Things are running great for me. Specs listed in an earlier post. Just trying to figure out the game audio. Seems like it won't do surround sound, at least for me.

RyudBoy

What a mess.

When I drive around in the batmobile it's 60fps, but the moment I get in a shootout with a tank it locks to 30.

So disappointing. I'm sure they'll fix it with a patch, but this shit needs to stop. Don't fucking release your game if it's not ready.

epmode

So do we know if this version of Denuvo is decrypting shit while the game is running? That sort of thing could definitely impact performance.

Crack pls.

edit: I'd have preferred them actually announcing the goddamned DRM before launch though. God, this release is depressing.

Anybody who pre-ordered through Nuuvem unable to redeem their key on Steam yet? I'm assuming I must wait until midnight, but I was hoping to pre-load.

i5 2500k @4.5ghz
GTX980ti
8GB of RAM

Running at 1080p with all settings maxed out including all of the Gameworks stuff. Played pretty smooth for me. I noticed some dips or stutters while in the Batmobile but they weren't severe at all.

The Performance test netted me an average of 60 (vsync on) with a low of 41. I might try disabling the Gameworks stuff tomorrow when it officially unlocks (VPN worked for me but I wanted to get back to Witcher 3).

One thing though, during the first Batmobile challenge, every time I turned towards one direction of the street - a big orange texture would pop up. It would reach up into the sky. If I drove away from it or towards it, it would start to flash and disappear. Turn the camera and it would reappear. It only happened on that one street corner! The rest of the game ran flawlessly. No clue if anyone else experienced that.

I was worried something was wrong with the vid card but I ran the Witcher 3 without issue afterwards. I have been playing that game for over 70 hours on the card prior without any crashes or problems. I did install the new Batman drivers today though.

Uff duh

Banned
Well after a couple hours I have settled on fog and smoke off everything else on. Textures on normal everything else on high. I capped the fps to 30. Lame but constantly dropping from 60 to 35 made the game stutter to much for me. So basically I have a $1500 console lol.

Fx 8320 @ 4.4
gtx 780ti @1200
16gigs ddr3 @1866

What a mess.

When I drive around in the batmobile it's 60fps, but the moment I get in a shootout with a tank it locks to 30.

So disappointing. I'm sure they'll fix it with a patch, but this shit needs to stop. Don't fucking release your game if it's not ready.

Do you have vsync on? I am no technowizard so I may be barking up the wrong tree but that sounds like it might be a vsync... thing.

What...how did you get two keys. Did you get the special edition, I just got the regular edition.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So yeah.

970 here, 1080p locked at 30 through DXTory.

Everything high and no game works on.

Getting bad spikes down to 25 every minute when walking around.

Driving the batmobile is a constant 22-27 fps stutter fest. Absolutely awful. Does the console stutter this bad when driving?

wbEMX

Well, damn it. If there's one thing I really, really hate it's microstutter. Reading this thread actually makes me regret pre-ordering the game for 30 bucks. Currently rocking an i7-4790K and a single GTX 970 and 8 GB RAM. If the performance is so bad right now, I'll wait until the worst issues are sorted out. Until then I have enough stuff to play. It's pre-loaded, so it's just a matter of time and some work at Rocksteady. ;)

Dartastic

Well, damn it. If there's one thing I really, really hate it's microstutter. Reading this thread actually makes me regret pre-ordering the game for 30 bucks. Currently rocking an i7-4790K and a single GTX 970 and 8 GB RAM. If the performance is so bad right now, I'll wait until the worst issues are sorted out. Until then I have enough stuff to play. It's pre-loaded, so it's just a matter of time and some work at Rocksteady. ;)
My specs are the exact same as yours except I have twice the ram; got my copy from ordering my 970.

Nekrono

From other people it seems like the bat mobile kills fps. I'd be interested to know how it runs for you, our setups are near identical.

Just got there and I wish I could give you exact numbers but right now not even Fraps is showing for me for whatever reason but yeah the performance is not good, it felt under 30 FPS even but it's the stuttering, freezing and crashing that I can't stand.

So do we know if this version of Denuvo is decrypting shit while the game is running? That sort of thing could definitely impact performance.

Crack pls.

edit: I'd have preferred them actually announcing the goddamned DRM before launch though. God, this release is depressing.

Games for Windows Live bro

Kinthalis

Banned

Oh god batmobile is the worst. Its boring to use and the frame rate drop makes it horri-bad. I ditch it anytime i can. This game is in desperate need Of a day one patch.

comrade

thanks buddy, but for some reason mine still does not work. im running the GTA V driver do you think that could be why its not showing? however overlay is working fine in other steam games.

my settings are exactly the same as yours, but msi refuses to show, what could it be

This is pretty random but try playing any other game it works with and leaving it toggled on and then running Batman and see if it starts with it on. Another thing is try launching the game from GeForce Experience instead of from Steam.

I'm not having the extreme stuttering or performance issues others seem to be having.

While the game is far from silky smooth, i get close to 60fps constantly and it plays well. Maybe it's because I'm playing on a big screen and it becomes less noticeable?

So yeah.

Driving the batmobile is a constant 22-27 fps stutter fest. Absolutely awful. Does the console stutter this bad when driving?

This is nuts - isnt the PS4 version locked 30 at 1080p?

Lingitiz

So yeah.

How is this even possible? Crazy, especially since the console versions seem to be solid.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm looking at the steam reviews and either Nvidia users are more vocal or they have way more trouble than AMD users with performance.

Are the Nvidia drivers out for this game?

GHG

Gold Member
Ah fuck.

Why did I pre order this? And the premium edition to boot as well...

Just seen some videos of it maxed out on the PC and it really doesn't look that great. We've been duped.

Shepard

According to a digital foundry hands-on with the PS4 version, game runs at a pretty solid 30 fps, almost no dips. Probably some patchable issue with the PC version.

Mideon

Random crashes all the time for me GTX 970 with the newest Nvidia drivers on Windows 10. Disappointed might pick up the PS4 Version.

Top Bottom