• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Anime Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

batbeg

AAAH it looks totally fuckwowawesomeamazing! To hell with the pessimism of others, so far I think each one looks stellar.

Anybody know of a good, free GIF maker? I saw a potential avatar for me :D

this looks like it has great potential. Gotham will look amazing. Hopefully they keep it dark. This got me wondering what other superheroes could work well in an anime style. Spawn would do very nicely. Any others?

J2 Cool

Some of my favorite shots..

2004748512292009761_rs.jpg

2000488111020498719_rs.jpg

2002115678485958801_rs.jpg

vlcsnap-3852194.png

vlcsnap-3856637.png

vlcsnap-3858313.png

gordonit9.jpg

bmnimelc5.jpg

bmnime2cg5.jpg

7Th

These are the shorts I'm looking forward to the most:

batshort1.jpg

(Probably 4ºC's, perhaps by Daisuke Nakayama)
short2.jpg

(Could be anyone's)
batshor3.jpg

(Clear 4ºC's, designs obviously by Shoujirou Nishimi)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ezekial45 said:
1203006142724.png

Which Studio does this one belong to? I like this one the best.

Thats the one I like the best too. Wish they'd have jsut gotten them to do all the shorts. I prefer consistancy.

short2.jpg

I believe this style is by Satoshi Kon. This one is my favorite one btw.

I'm disappointed by Production IG's design. They should have used the group who worked on Ghost in the Shell SAC instead.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Brian Fellows said:
Thats the one I like the best too. Wish they'd have jsut gotten them to do all the shorts. I prefer consistancy.

I prefer diversity if and when possible. Consistency is a trait that I prefer to be found in quality or substance, but not when speaking of limiting creative diversity and mindsets.

Just have something to say about this.

OH MY GOD. OH -- MY FUCKING GOD. OH MY FUCKING GOD FUCK!

FUUUUUUUUUCK.

<3 BATMAN.

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A BATMAN ANIME.

THANK YOU, LORD.

I don't think this has been posted before:

DC Comics and Warner Home Video have confirmed the five Japanese directors and the release date for the Batman: Gotham Knight anthology of animated shorts. The directors are Shoujirou Nishimi (Mind Game key animator, Tekkonkinkreet character designer and overall animation director), Futoshi Higashide (Giant Robo key animator, Saber Marionette J animation director), Hiroshi Morioka (.hack//SIGN unit director, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE co-director), Yasuhiro Aoki (Animatrix's "Beyond" key animator, Tweeny Witches director) and Toshiyuki Kubooka (Gunbuster chief animation director, Giant Robo character designer). Previously, Warner had announced that Japan's Studio 4°C, Madhouse, and Production I.G would be creating the animation, but had not announced any specific directors until now.

As reported in December, the script for the film will be created by a team of American writers, including Josh Olson, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his A History of Violence script, comics writers Greg Rucka and Brian Azzarello, screenwriters David Goyer and Alan Burnett, and The Dark Knight producer Jordan Goldberg.

The project will be released throughout North America on standard DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc on July 8. On the same date, it will be made available via video-on-demand, pay-per-view, and digital downloads. It will also be supported by a major natonwide publicity campaign, to include extensive print advertising and coverage as well as promotional television spots. Gotham Knight will be released as a standard US$24.98 DVD and a two-disc special edition, with extras including a selection of episodes from the mid-1990s Batman: The Animated Series and a documentary on Bob Kane, the creator of Batman. The special edition will be priced at US$29.98, while the Blu-ray release, which will also include the special edition's extras, is set to retail at US$34.98.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-02-25/directors-named-for-japanese-animated-batman-video

Not really any big names there, but they do have some pretty good work behind them for the most part.

DMczaf

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=82

Kevin Conroy, a familiar name to fans of Batman: The Animated Series, among other related series, will be lending his voice to the upcoming direct-to-vide Batman: Gotham Knight animated feature.

It has been confirmed that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman in Batman: Gotham Knight. The specifics of his role, whether he'll be playing Batman for the entire animated feature or just for a segment, has yet to be revealed.

F'yeah.

YYZ

This is coming to Blu-Ray right? I think I read that somewhere in the HD Movie thread (also DVD). I'm confident that this will be the second best animated work ever created (first is obvious :D ).

YYZ

Apharmd said:
it is

wait what mgs4 is coming out finally?
yea June 12, 2008, worldwide. There is a big thread on the gaming side if you want your avatar "snakified".

Apharmd

YYZ said:
yea June 12, 2008, worldwide. There is a big thread on the gaming side if you want your avatar "snakified".

oh, thanks. i haven't gone to gaming side except to check up on fes news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom