• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Anime Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one
1203006188674.png

Which studio or team is this? I see them always getting weird episodes of different series (Samurai 7, and Champloo come to mind as well as Komonzume or something like that, I think they might have even done a few Naruto!). Their style is sort of sloppy in an intentional way. I always recognize them having an episode right away.

7Th

The style you're talking about it's not exclusive to a particular studio or animator. That's obviously 4°C, nevertheless.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
jetpacks was yes said:
I like this one the best. Sort of a mix between Mike Mignola and Paul Pope.

Judging from the design I bet this one is going to have the most fluid animation. Looks like TekkonKinkreet.

7Th

BigGreenMat said:
This one
1203006188674.png

Which studio or team is this? I see them always getting weird episodes of different series (Samurai 7, and Champloo come to mind as well as Komonzume or something like that, I think they might have even done a few Naruto!). Their style is sort of sloppy in an intentional way. I always recognize them having an episode right away.

I'll thoroughly answer your question. Those episodes you're talking about were done by different animators that follow a loosely similar school of visual design. Champloo's "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)" was styled by Nobutake Ito, Samurai 7's "Cure!" is a work of Hisashi Mori, Kemonozume's drafts come from the hand of director Maasaki Yuasa and those Naruto instances are probably Norio Matusmoto's.

Doc Holliday said:
Judging from the design I bet this one is going to have the most fluid animation. Looks like TekkonKinkreet.
jetpacks was yes said:
I like this one the best. Sort of a mix between Mike Mignola and Paul Pope.

I like you guys. And yes, Doc Holliday, the design is from Studio 4°C; the guys behind TekkonKinkreet.

IG is the only one design which I hate, Bruce Wayne looks like a whinny teenager from some random mech anime.

Which team is the one with the massive hulk Batman?

7Th

Prime crotch said:
IG is the only one design which I hate, Bruce Wayne looks like a whinny teenager from some random mech anime.

Which team is the one with the massive hulk Batman?

Funny you say that, it's by the team behind IGPX and New Reideen.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Looks like they're all mostly styled after artists that drew Batman; first design looks kinda like Pope, second & third looks like Asamiya, and fourth looks like Mignola.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Haven't downloaded the trailer yet, but I like the variety in designs. One or two may not quite fit my personal preferences, but it's cool that the studios get to be creative and do it their way.

Penguin

Doc Holliday said:
:O at the video! They did not half ass this project. Only thing i'm worried about....No joker it seems :(
Why would the Joker be in it?

These movies are supposed to gap Begins and TDK and with Joker being central to TDK would kind of be dumb.

I honestly didn't expect many A villians as it were.

Eteric Rice

1203006142724.png

1203006160794.png

These two are win. The first one is a pretty cool rendition of Batman, the second is sort of a creepier rendition. Awesome!

batbeg

hypehypehypehypehype I'm ready to squeal like a little girl once someone has uploaded this...! I think all the designs look good in their own way :D

Dascu

Deadshot reminded me of Hellsing's Alucard. The art style looks a tad similar to Ultimate as well.

I'm looking forward to this project. "Real Batman" looks great.

Penguin

Some of the artstyle looks amazing.

Some of it... well wasn't a fan of the Killer Croc artstyle. So easier to know which referring to.

The Deadshot style looks amazing.

mollipen

Do people out there even understand what the hell .mkv should be used for? There's absolutely no reason the video from the torrent should be in .mkv versus a standard .mp4 container. I swear, some people just encode things to what they think is hip, without having the slightest bit of knowledge about doing real encoding.

I'm not entirely sold on all the designs just yet, haven't seen the trailer, but I do like that they all have their own unique looks to gives us some variety.

ProfessorLobo said:
They're actually going to use the Generic Metro Japanese man for Bruce Wayne? Fuuuuuuuuuck.

EDIT; I like the mask, though. Looks batty.

Just remembered who he reminds me of, Rahx's main character.

2v9ewq0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom