• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City | GOTY Trailer [Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC May 29, PC/Eur. later]

LiK

Yay!

iXMKjwwDuxzzp.PNG

lol, what a dumbass. surprised they actually gave him an answer.

Sober

So in a month, but actually in like, a month and a half and then they delay it on that date as long as possible.

Just like the PC release, right?

Too bad this is the first and only actual story DLC. Guess it must be too expensive to rehire all the VAs and stuff. Huh.

Omega

Banned
That box art isn't real is it? I was waiting for the GOTY edition but it's just so ugly..I don't even know if I want it now

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do you guys really care so much about the fucking cover? yes we all know the cover is ugly as sin but it's the game that counts and this is freaking good.

Derrick01

Banned
Is that how people ask questions now? What a twat.

Considering WB/Rocksteady's treatment of PC gamers over the entire stretch of this game's release and pre-release, I can't blame people for being a little rude or blunt while talking to Rocksteady. It was all time bad and they deserve extremely little respect.

Omega

Banned
Do you guys really care so much about the fucking cover? yes we all know the cover is ugly as sin but it's the game that counts and this is freaking good.

Yes, I do. Even the spine looks like shit and it would bother me.

You can barely tell it's Arkham City. The game might as well be called Batman: 10/10

smr00

Banned
Yes, I do. Even the spine looks like shit and it would bother me.

You can barely tell it's Arkham City. The game might as well be called Batman: 10/10
How does the spine look like shit?

jesus you people are sad sometimes, it's going to sit on your shelf till you sell it or play it years after you beat it. Gamers are always bitching about something petty.

Nizz

These Batman games and Assassin's Creed are two franchises that I need to jump into sometime. Haven't played a game in either series yet.

massoluk

Banned
LOL at Gamepro, which doesn't exist any more. And at Meta Critics for "Game of the Year" quote. How on earth are they citing review aggregate website for this "10 out of 10" game starring White Batman.

jesus you people are sad sometimes, it's going to sit on your shelf till you sell it or play it years after you beat it. Gamers are always bitching about something petty.

True, people that won't buy the cheaper platinum/classics version of a game because of the cover perplex me. It often has a load of patches pre-installed, surely that time saved is worth the crude bargain border?

Bummed that it looks like this will be the last story DLC, but better than nothing certainly.

Omega

Banned

That big ass "GAME OF THE YEAR" that takes up 1/3rd of the spine.

If box arts don't matter than they should just save themselves money and just have a white background with the name of the game on the cover. I would prefer that instead of "BATMAN: 10/10 THE GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION"

Sounds cool. That cover is TERRIBLE, but I won't be getting it, so it's not bother to me.

I hope Harley Quinn's Revenge is a substantial bit of content. They've had long enough to make it so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Btw, does Harley ever get an arc in the comics that show her off as a legitimately dangerous foe who can stand on her own two feet, and cause Batman damage? Cos that would be interesting to see in this new episode, as it looks like the events of Arkham City might turn her into even more of a psycho. Might even set something up for the next game?

Harley's a fucking jobber. She would never be on Batman's level. If she was, she'd leave Joker's side forever and realize she could do better. She's more of a Robin level villain.

Sojgat

Call of Duty gamers: you like this shit?

iHuHRqnUubEgG.jpg

"Psst, yo over here brah, other side of the store".
"Yeah, down here bro, hey 10 out of 10 man, thats what Gameinformer says, about me".
"No man, I'm fully serial, 5 out of 5 one of the greatest games ever made".
"Period, man".
"Straight out game of the year edition .....a must own. Yeah brah, fuckun Batman and shit".
"Buy me now".

*GOTY edition leans back and crosses it's arms, nods it's head, slowly.*

iHuHRqnUubEgG.jpg

"Psst, yo over here brah, other side of the store".
"Yeah, down here bro, hey 10 out of 10 man, thats what Gameinformer says, about me".
"No man, I'm fully serial, 5 out of 5 one of the greatest games ever made".
"Period, man".
"Straight out game of the year edition .....a must own. Yeah brah, fuckun Batman and shit".
"Buy me now".

*GOTY edition leans back and crosses it's arms, nods it's head*

I like how the ad for the Bonus DLC Content is literally a piece of the art "ripped away" from the whole picture.

"more than 2 hours"....that means 2 hours. lol. Remember them saying to 100% AC it would take over 60 hours.

It's best to half whatever time the developers give, so if they claim it's 2 hours +, it won't be more than 1 hour long.

Which is pretty damn depressing, I thought we'd be getting a proper expansion based on Azrael's prophecy. Something to set up the inevitable third game.

So was the performance of AC more of the less the same as AA with DX9?

I may just go ahead and spring for the PC version instead.

Vire

Pretty excited.

Hopefully, they refrain from using the word "bitch" as much as AC when talking about females in the game...

I was worried about them not mentioning PC but glad there is something to wait for now. I have yet to play this game but will gladly buy it, Asylum is one of my favorite games of this gen.

Ridley327

So was the performance of AC more of the less the same as AA with DX9?

I may just go ahead and spring for the PC version instead.

Yeah, the last patch improved performance a great deal.

I would really appreciate an actual date for the PC DLC; lord knows we've suffered enough already.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I don't want to believe WB is serious about that cover. It must be a joke. It simply must be....?!?

GQman2121

Banned
It's not a big deal to me, but that shit really should be a slip cover. They should have some sleek looking new cover for the actual case. I'm on the $10 DLC wagon anyway........

edit: I just noticed that they quoted Game Pro. lol

Tsukumo

I never used custom covers, even the ones I've seen here on Gaf which really blew me away, but this time I'm left with no choice.
Rocksteady should AT LEAST make a double cover like it happened with Mass Effect 3, with different art than the original game (no red snot, PLEASE!) and no text whatsoever. As a matter of fact an option to remove the hud in-game would also be appreciated.
So, Gaf, would some (Arch-)angel be as merciful to produce some red/B/N custom cover? I'd really like the art with Harley up in Batman's face pointing her finger at him, and him looking irritated.
Anyone?

Beaten. Will provide myself with it.

Sober

Man, I just bought the regular edition two days ago thanks to that GameStop PS3 deal :/
Well, at least the original boxart is better than the GOTY version. So laughably bad.

Saw this alternate cover posted on CAG.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/Kitsunisan/Game%20Covers/Arkham33D.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319944&page=3[/url][/QUOTE]
Or this, this is nice.

Top Bottom