• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

Origins had a solid pc implementation, its wierd how people gloss over that fact and call montreal a bad developer when city had a terrible terrible dx11 client.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Statistically someone had to believe this, I guess. Rises is better than Iron Man 2, but that's about it.

I think Rises is bad and a disgrace finale to Batman Begins The Dark Knight but it's still way way better than Captain America, Iron Man 2 and that pure garbage-fest Ironman 3 and Thor 2 (and also the The Wolverine but that Fox fault)

Psykoboy2

Origins had a solid pc implementation, its wierd how people gloss over that fact and call montreal a bad developer when city had a terrible terrible dx11 client.

Origins (PC and elsewhere) was bugged to hell and back when it released and it took WB Montreal a good while to get those fixed. Right now, sure, it's fine, but that wasn't the case when it originally released in October.

Origins (PC and elsewhere) was bugged to hell and back when it released and it took WB Montreal a good while to get those fixed. Right now, sure, it's fine, but that wasn't the case when it originally released in October.

Can you say the same about ac's dx11 now though?

I didn't even have any issues (besides the southern radio comm tower), but people really go out of their way to demonize origins. I think the only responsible party is WB.

ZeroX03

Banned

City wasn't buggy trash. Origins still is, just not as bad as it was on launch. My game only crashed like 5 times when I beat it. Then there's online, a whole different can of worms. It's all soooo stable.

I didn't even have any issues (besides the southern radio comm tower), but people really go out of their way to demonize origins. I think the only responsible party is WB.

Rocksteady made an Arkham game in two years that wasn't a huge downgrade in gameplay and unstable on every platform. Montreal just aren't particularly good devs, there's only so much you can blame the publisher for.

Yeah, Origins performs pretty well on my PC with everything at max. Meanwhile, City has ridiculous framerate issues when DX11 effects are turned on.

Prototype

The old movies are so cheesy, as is their Batmobile design.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I really like some the batmobile designs over the years. Would really love to see some unlockable skins for the Batmobile. It would be cool to ride around in a few non-tumbler versions.

I still love this version of the batmobile.
batmobile-tim-burton-movie.jpg

So sleek, and looks fast.

Even the Batmobile from the animated series would be great.

I wouldn't be surprised if they included this one considering there were costumes from the animated series in Arkham City.

Except this isn't a comic book that goes on forever it's a video game that has a set ending. Sefton Hill already confirmed that the Joker is DEAD as dead, and with Mark Hamill already stating before that he doesn't plan to voice the Joker anymore I think it can be conclusively stated that the Joker will not be making an appearance in AK unless it is in some sort of flashback. I don't see Rocksteady as people who are trying to pull wool over their eyes they were committed to killing off the Joker.

Given the fact that this game apparently features Scarecrow as a big part, and the ending of AC/Harley's Revenge showing that
the Joker's death has psychologically affected Batman-- I think it's very likely we'll see the Joker in some respect. I believe it won't be in the flesh, but a hallucination or recording. If Hamill commits to his retirement, then they'll likely be using recycled audio or just having Troy Baker do it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
god damn we really need to find a standard replacement for ye olde animated gif already!

I'm tired of 20 mb files I have to squint to view...

Some Nobody

I think Rises is bad and a disgrace finale to Batman Begins The Dark Knight but it's still way way better than Captain America, Iron Man 2 and that pure garbage-fest Ironman 3 and Thor 2 (and also the The Wolverine but that Fox fault)

Rises is an example of how the gritty, Batman-alone-against-Gotham was pure idiocy.
Logically, Bruce should've just died. Setting that aside, he completely failed Gotham--the industry leaders and business owners were murdered by Bane and the criminals that roamed the streets. The ones that didn't die probably left for good. There's no saving a city where there aren't ANY jobs. And the replacement Bats? That guy's going to die, horribly, so that was pointless.

Rises is better than Iron Man 2, but Cap, the Thor films and IM3? Nah. And I like DC more than Marvel, but Marvel captures the essence of their characters better than Warner's does with DC.

Linkenski

Banned
The marvel films are so dull though. The Dark Knight Rises might've not been totally well-written but at least the character-interactions werent god-awful like in Iron Man 3 or The Avengers which felt like movies made for kids.

I loathe the first Batman (1989), but love Batman Returns. Does that make sense, or am I crazy? The first one I find to be a bad film on all counts, all theatrics and costumes and style, but no real film in there. Like a very expensive pantomime. Returns however, has real substance.

You're not the only one. I don't like the ham, i don't like Nicholson's Joker and I don't like the way it flows. Returns is the best of the 4 from that era, easily, with, admittedly, Forever not too far behind it.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, It was revealed that Clayface was impersonating the Joker but we deal with Clayface, Joker tries to kill us and destroys the cure allowing him to die. Then Batman carries Joker's body outside the theater in a grand manner. I think the Joker is just dead.
Which is why it would be even more of a bad move to bring back the Joker, potentially undermining the effect of AC's ending.

Didn't one of the Arkham City tie-in comics show us
Joker's
body being cremated, just to really hammer home the "Yes, he's actually dead" vibe?

Neiteio

So I loved Asylum and City, skipped Origins (for now), and I'm looking forward to Knight, but a question -- if the Batmobile destroys every car in its path... what does it to do to thugs? I mean, Batman's a strictly no-kill guy -- that's why I love him! -- so I imagine they'd find a way for the Batmobile to be nonlethal. Maybe a force-field bubbles up and harmlessly knocks out bad guys? Or maybe they'll just play fast and loose with reality and have enemies go flying but they're only knocked out, lol.

So I loved Asylum and City, skipped Origins (for now), and I'm looking forward to Knight, but a question -- if the Batmobile destroys every car in its path... what does it to do to thugs? I mean, Batman's a strictly no-kill guy -- that's why I love him! -- so I imagine they'd find a way for the Batmobile to be nonlethal. Maybe a force-field bubbles up and harmlessly knocks out bad guys? Or maybe they'll just play fast and loose with reality and have enemies go flying but they're only knocked out, lol.

Thugs will try to jump out of the way.

TheLight

Yeah, I really didn't like how bulky Batman was in his games. It was ridiculously cartoony and kind of took me out of it. He didn't look cool to me.

Yeah, I really didn't like how bulky Batman was in his games. It was ridiculously cartoony and kind of took me out of it. He didn't look cool to me.

Everyone looked jacked in Asylum. Even Gordon. It was improved in City, but Origins had some vastly improved character models, with less of that UE3 ugliness.

I wish they'd make Batman actually look like a more imposing figure, like this.

DesertFox

I loathe the first Batman (1989), but love Batman Returns. Does that make sense, or am I crazy? The first one I find to be a bad film on all counts, all theatrics and costumes and style, but no real film in there. Like a very expensive pantomime. Returns however, has real substance.
Except for the fact that Batman is killing henchmen left and right in that film.
ok maybe just 1, but he definitely kills him!
Completely goes against the character.

Does anyone else feel the Arkham Knight is dumb? The idea of a dark twisted version of Batman has been done a gazillion times already (Prometheus, Owlman, Thomas Wayne Jr., Wraith, etc.)

Not sure if posted yet,

For my PC version bros looking for a deal;

GMG $40 Arkham Knight Preorder

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/batman-arkham-knight#arkham-knight-pc-download

I had read that amazon doesn't pricematch games? I preordered this just in case they won't pricematch GMG.

it's a pain in the butt to cancel preorders off GMG though, because i'm pretty sure they charge your card when you preorder there (which is why they can get you such low prices).

I can't not see this be a big nvidia promo thing though, so smartest move would be to wait until around launch window and just buy a promo code off ebay for $20-35.

Except for the fact that Batman is killing henchmen left and right in that film.
ok maybe just 1, but he definitely kills him!
Completely goes against the character.

When he kicks the dude with the explosives into the sewer and then just grins. That needs a JamesFrancoSoGood type gif.

The car had machine gun bullets as Batman rolled into power plantsl full of people and blew it up

lol

The Bat in Rises had rockets and machine guns. Movie Batman is constantly killing people.

Edit: I see that the Batmobile history pic has already been linked.

Top Bottom