• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

FDBMath

Do you guys think joker will have a cameo? I certainly do. I'm just hoping they do just a cameo at the beginning and that's it.

Assuming there is DLC (who am I kidding - of course there will be), if they do bring back Joker, hopefully it is as DLC and not in the main story.

Some Nobody

Okay I need to know this.

Where are Robin and Nightwing??????

;(

Game doesn't qualify for Day Zero status until I get an answer to this. You've got models for Robin AND Nightwing, Rocksteady. Don't make me play as those guys on challenge maps only again. Please.

Hystzen

Lol Riddler races seriously geez that so damn dumb

Not feeling a new made up villain which probably be jokers son or something stupid .

Rest sounds great but riddler races can't stop laughing

jett

D-Member
I don't understand revealing this without pictures in this day and age. Does GI coverage really matter this much?

BPoole

So glad this game is skipping last gen consoles. I skipped Arkham Origins but I'm definitely interested in this one

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't understand revealing this without pictures in this day and age. Does GI coverage really matter this much?

It's about 8-9 million subscribers who might not be reached as easily otherwise, but there are quite a few developers skipping them these days as well.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Really, really excited about this, especially after reading all of those details.

Harley Quinn is one of my favorite characters in the Batverse, but I can't stand how she looks in any of the Arkham games. Give me classic Harley or bust. The new one is an improvement over the previous, but that's Blur and their CG work, it's hard to tell how much of that was done before final Harley art was finalized, since these CG trailers, as short as they are, take a long, long time to created.

It's nice to have more games to add to my PS4 wish list.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How do the screens look (I assume people have seen them now?)

The one I've seen is pretty good. Batman's model is really impressive. The random thugs are pretty good, but obviously no where near as good as Batman, which makes sense given sometimes 50 are on the screen at once.

The environment is high quality, but not mindblowing.

Betty

Banned
All those details sound really damn exciting, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the most definitive superhero game ever.

Veelk

Banned
One thing that concerns me is the size of Gotham. Arkham City was just about the perfect size for an open world game, but Arkham Origins was way too damn big. But this is Rocksteady, and they've definitely earned the benefit of the doubt.

Besides....we get to ride the goddamn batmobile!

Game doesn't qualify for Day Zero status until I get an answer to this. You've got models for Robin AND Nightwing, Rocksteady. Don't make me play as those guys on challenge maps only again. Please.

It would be great for these characters to be available in the main game world somehow. The side characters have, for the most part, as many moves as Batman, and each are really distinctive (animations, gadgets, speed are all different) yet are almost entirely relegated to challenge maps.

People are quick to hate multiplayer, but some form of open world co-op using these characters could have been a good way to get decent mileage out of the work done on catwoman, robin and nightwing from Arkham City.

LastNac

The one I've seen is pretty good. Batman's model is really impressive. The random thugs are pretty good, but obviously no where near as good as Batman, which makes sense given sometimes 50 are on the screen at once.

Wait...50 thugs on screen at one time?

daftstar

Alright, no more waiting around to get a PS4 now. Can't express how hyped I am for this... Rocksteady are one of the few devs I have 100% faith in.

Also next-gen Catwoman plzzz

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-03-0422_04_32-tw2orc8.png

I really want to know how much physics and destructibility are in the game. I'd love a Batman game where you can use more of the environment to your advantage.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This game sounds so fucking good.

The fact that it's PS4/X1/PC only makes me even more hyped up.

One thing that concerns me is the size of Gotham. Arkham City was just about the perfect size for an open world game, but Arkham Origins was way too damn big. But this is Rocksteady, and they've definitely earned the benefit of the doubt.

In the GI article they talk about how they went and tweaked the gliding and grapple boost making it faster since the area is now bigger.

SnakeEyes

Banned
14th of October?! Shit, that means I'll only get a month to play Destiny before I have to take a break to play this. Goddamn! O.O

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
All those details sound really damn exciting, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the most definitive superhero game ever.

Just like the definitive movies and cartoon series.

Its the goddamn Batman.

lewisgone

Sounds really cool. I'm guessing the new villain would be Hush...he would be the best guy for it I think. That's crazy how large they say Gotham City is. And you can drive around it too...is this the first Batman game to do that? I hope they have some kind of active crime thing...as in, you get notified of a robbery/gang fight/drug smuggling etc. and could go and stop it for XP or something. Just because it seems like a big opportunity to have a bit of what Batman's daily life is supposed to be like. I guess since the cities been evacuated it won't be the same though...

Kind of happy and sad to see it as the end of the franchise. Arkham Origins has probably made this way less exciting than it would have been otherwise. They have Batman nailed down so well though it would have been cool to see a Batman Beyond game or something, but maybe that's still on the cards for the future. I would want Rocksteady to do it, not WB though (by the sounds of it, not gonna happen). Irks me to see the preorder DLC already being advertised. Seriously? We haven't even seen gameplay yet...who sees that and gets excited to preorder? I just see it and think not only are they taking me for a moron who puts money down for nothing, they expect me to be happy that the main game is having resources diverted from it. It feels weird to be negative when the game sounds so amazing, but it's just a shame to see that kind of stuff already.

The game does sound crazy though. I see stuff like FF XV and this and just think "is this really happening? How much did this cost?". Blows my mind to see graphics this good. I know that in this game's case its not ingame graphics, but from the details they gave it sounds amazing.

Some Nobody

It would be great for these characters to be available in the main game world somehow. The side characters have, for the most part, as many moves as Batman, and each are really distinctive (animations, gadgets, speed are all different) yet are almost entirely relegated to challenge maps.

People are quick to hate multiplayer, but some form of open world co-op using these characters could have been a good way to get decent mileage out of the work done on catwoman, robin and nightwing from Arkham City.

Is co-op what people typically think when they hear the words "multiplayer" though?

But yeah, having played Robin and Nightwing (and Catwoman), they really do all play entirely differently, they have different gadgets and movesets. Honestly with a world THIS large there's just no excuse to go backwards.

Plus none of what I'm reading sounds like the "really big thing" that was being hinted at.

Edit: Nevermind. "The big thing is the new villain." ....I'm sorry guys, but I've been reading comics for almost 20 years now, and I just don't care. Batman's got more villains than just about any other character in comics besides Spider-Man. One more villain just isn't anything special.

SJRB

Gold Member

Gotham in Origins felt way too big because it had a terrible layout, awful flow and that absurdly long interconnecting bridge.

Getting from one side to the other was a tiresome struggle because of the placement of random inaccessible buildings you for some reason can't grapple over [Gotham Power plant for example] and a weird lack of grapple points throughout.

Don't be salty Dini, you had your chance. You had your chance and you fucked up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Okay as a follow-up I saw the rest now:
-Most of the environments are better than the one I was looking at. They're quite nice, though still less impressive than the really great main character models. For an open world game like this however they're incredibly good.
-Two Face is easily one of the best character models I've ever seen.
-The Batmobile really does look great as well.
-The Riddler only has a smaller shot, but he also looks incredibly good. You can look at him and really get the sense that he looks like an actual person and also his expression legitimately makes him look insane.

something tells me that since this is the end of the Arkham games (at least for Rocksteady), Warner Bros. is having Rocksteady move onto another DC hero. no way Warner Bros. would allow this money maker to end and Rocksteady's talents to go elsewhere.

Vire

Okay as a follow-up I saw the rest now:
-Most of the environments are better than the one I was looking at. They're quite nice, though still less impressive than the really great main character models. For an open world game like this however they're incredibly good.
-Two Face is easily one of the best character models I've ever seen.
-The Batmobile really does look great as well.
-The Riddler only has a smaller shot, but he also looks incredibly good. You can look at him and really get the sense that he looks like an actual person and also his expression legitimately makes him look insane.
Seriously considering paying $5 just to see some fucking screenshots.

God I hate magazines.

Top Bottom