• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - TRAILER - Driveable Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Arkham Origins DLC cancelled for Wii U

> Arkham Knight skips Wii U

Well, I guess that's all that needs to be said about how Warner Bros. views releasing core, non-LEGO games on Nintendo's system.

Nevertheless, the game looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to buy it on PC later this year.

Burt

I was about to say that Arkham is turning into the next Assassin's Creed of franchise overkill, but then I saw that trailer.

God damn. And people still bitch about CGI trailers.

Gamestop already changed it to 14th on their site. But I noticed that other retailers use an other image with coming in 2014. Could be, that it is just a preliminary date.

Gamestop

LRHsG32.jpg

Shopto

nE1pIJm.jpg

Shopto is a UK site and there's no Euro date yet. Don't know if it will the the Friday before or the Friday after the 14th, which is the N.America date.

Batman looked skinnier in the trailer, wish they went with that look instead of bloated in-game looking version.

also, wonder if they're gonna follow through with harley quinn
being pregnant with Joker's baby
(arkham city spoilers).

EhoaVash

did not like that trailer, wish it had actual gameplay =/

also why does he look more like the lame roided origins batman when this is suppose to be a sequel to city -_-

damn it it's fucking UE3 D:

Van Owen

Banned

Well, I guess that's all that needs to be said about how Warner Bros. views releasing core, non-LEGO games on Nintendo's system.

Nevertheless, the game looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to buy it on PC later this year.

Probably not a small task to scale it down from current gen to Wii U.

Shadownet

Banned
Totally. It's the first thing that hit me when I saw him move in the trailer. I think it was the right design call.

EDIT: Assuming that's how he looks in-game. As bigboss370 points out below, this could very well be the CGI design an not the in-game design :/

I agree. I hope they keep this design for the in game. And I also I have to see the suit in image. But from what I've seen. It's an armored suit, kinda like an iron man suit. Which I love!

I feel like it's still a Kevlar suit but you can clearly see moving mechanism on his shoulders for less restricted movement. Plus no underwear! But unfortunately the belt is still yellow though. I was hoping we would move to a black belt by now.

But overall it seem to draw inspiration for the new 52 Batman suit. Which I love, that and the new 52 Superman suit.

dcelw540

I think ill be good, ive just got some concerns
Length, this game has to be a good length to get all the stories rapped up such as hush, scarecrow, bane,death stroke, black mask, cat woman,
And also have new villains and possibly just a cameo of joker but thats it

What a shit trailer. Did they think that voiceover was emotional because i was laughing through the whole thing.
Anyway, I hope that Driving the batmobile is not the only new thing this year because that really shows that they are digging the bottom barrel for ideas.

viveks86

Batman looked skinnier in the trailer, wish they went with that look instead of bloated in-game looking version.

Let's not lose hope just yet. I agree that the only shot we have seen doesn't look like the CGI. May be we will find out once the digital magazine is out in the afternoon.

Salsa

also I like the idea of Scarecrow as the main villain but the trailer needed him

I mean shit showing me a 'reveal' of Harvey and cobblepot.. again

Origins honestly appeared more interesting in its first look

it centered on Deathstroke, who was new. Immediately made it clear that Black Mask (also new) was to this game what Hugo strange was to city. made it clear it took place during christmas and how that was central to the plot, etc etc

as far as reveal trailers Go this is basically just "BATMOBILE!" wich does nothing for me

I gotta wonder how Rocksteady feels about Origins.

I mean, I'm in for this, but it feels so awkward and soon. Origins feels pointless now as this reveal would have been much more hype inducing if there wasn't anything in between. I mean shit they JUST announced origins DLC.

franchise fatigue is a real thing for a lot of people and I can't think they're happy about that

I 100% agree with you. I'm gonna buy this game no doubt. But Origins kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. Different developers I know but this announcement would've been bigger if Origins didn't exist. I hope its not a yearly franchise now but it seems that WB has different ideas.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Can't say I'm excited for the Batmobile. Gliding around and going rooftop to rooftop is way cooler than driving a car, even if the car is the Batmobile.

Sefton Hill, Rocksteady: "[Refresh the game] is what we're always trying to do, is that every game feels like a new game rather than another episode of the previous game"

If that doesn't make sense to you, I'll translate.

"Fuck you, WB Montreal".

Interesting translation there. WB Montreal did a fine job and if we get a Suicide Squad game out it then all the better.

Endo Punk

lol at them evacuating the city at the start of the trailer. Empty shell city again, yikes.

I don't understand this. AC didn't have civilians but it never felt empty. It was bustling with detail, conversations, secrets, lights and life.

With murderers roaming the streets I doubt anyone would want to come out of the house anyway.

Except Arkham Knight isn't releasing on PS360 either. This isn't an indictment on the Wii U, it's an indictment on last-gen altogether (which unfortunately the Wii U is essentially a part of, hardware-wise).

Does the hate come from people who like the gameplay of the Arkham games more than the character of Batman?

I have been a diehard fan of the character since childhood and suffered through one terrible Batman game after another. What Rocksteady did for the character - and for gaming - is nothing short of amazing. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City offered fantastic gameplay experiences for everybody while treating the character with class and respect.

They hired Paul Dini, for crying out loud.

Origins was less polished than the other two, but still offers an awesome Batman story. The Arkham "universe" is just a fantastic place for Batman stories to unfold. I don't understand how anybody who loves Batman could roll their eyes at these games.

It's the best digital representation of the character that's ever existed.

Shadownet

Banned
Please based Rocksteady.

Let us finally have Batman campaign co-op with Nightwing and Robin!!

Pleasseeeeeeeeeeee!

Or at least announce a Nightwing spin-off game set after the event of Arkham Knight!

Kinyou

Please based Rocksteady.

Let us finally have Batman campaign co-op with Nightwing and Robin!!

Pleasseeeeeeeeeeee!

Or at least announce a Nightwing spin-off game set after the event of Arkham Knight!
Spin-offs are likely, but probably not done by rocksteady

also, wonder if they're gonna follow through with harley quinn
being pregnant with Joker's baby
(arkham city spoilers).

The dlc for city showed that it was false

Akira83

Banned
Does the hate come from people who like the gameplay of the Arkham games more than the character of Batman?

I have been a diehard fan of the character since childhood and suffered through one terrible Batman game after another. What Rocksteady did for the character - and for gaming - is nothing short of amazing. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City offered fantastic gameplay experiences for everybody while treating the character with class and respect.

They hired Paul Dini, for crying out loud.

Origins was less polished than the other two, but still offers an awesome Batman story. The Arkham "universe" is just a fantastic place for Batman stories to unfold. I don't understand how anybody who loves Batman could roll their eyes at these games.

It's the best digital representation of the character that's ever existed.

I hate Batman, like legit think he is the worst superhero after only Superman.

But I loved arkham asylum. Loved the core gameplay and exploration and map style

Really wish rocksteady took their talent to an IP that wasn't inherently lame

Shadownet

Banned
Spin-offs are likely, but probably not done by rocksteady
After what happened with Arkham Origins. I don't think I can trust anyone with a Batman related game.

Well... Unless the folk at Infamous or Uncharted want to take a stab at it. I can trust them.

It's like. I didn't trust anyone but Nolan to do anything Batman related. Unless it's J.J. Abram

Except Arkham Knight isn't releasing on PS360 either. This isn't an indictment on the Wii U, it's an indictment on last-gen altogether (which unfortunately the Wii U is essentially a part of, hardware-wise).

This argument would have merit if Arkham City and Arkham Origins didn't come out for Wii U...but they did. PS3 / 360 are ancient consoles so foregoing them is understandable, but Wii U is only 1 1/2 years old with potential for growth.

The fact that Warner Bros. doesn't think Wii U is worthy of the extra effort to develop a port---even though it's a newly-released console with the capacity to run a downscaled Arkham Knight---shows that their faith in the console to push core, mature games is broken.

Salsa

also I don't like the in-game suit at all and the game's name doesn't even make sense anymore

k done ranting. now I'm gonna go buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom