• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

JakeD

after playing for an hour or so, everything seems great except i must say, the first boss fight with
croc
felt kind of awful. im playing on hard for the first time in this series, so that might have something to do with it. it felt like my button presses weren't registering quick enough (and whats up with not being able to move during animations of
guys dropping from chopper)
and i hated the "mash A to
keep croc from eating your face!"
the whole thing just felt clunky. which is strange because the rest of the combat feels just like AA and AC, tight and fluid.

Skilletor

Played for about 30 minutes. Batman feels much heavier than past arkham games. Feels like you commit to everything you do which makes battles a bit rougher until I adapt.

Game seems to be far better optimized than City. And it looks so goooooood!

Hype!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So no one else having issues with registering the Deathstroke DLC?

People on Gamefaqs are reporting the same problem. Some say Wii U DLC codes often don't work until the eshop is updated at 9am pacific / 12pm eastern. The DLC isn't there yet.

ironcreed

Banned
All I keep hearing is that it 'feels the same.' Well, AA and AC were great games, so I'll take that as a plus. Besides that, I think that playing as an earlier, more mysterious Batman is more intriguing. I'll likely go ahead and get this in the coming week or so.

RPGCrazied

All I keep hearing is that it 'feels the same.' Well, AA and AC were great games, so I'll take that as a plus. Besides that, I think that playing as an earlier, more mysterious Batman is more intriguing. I'll likely go ahead and get this in the coming week or so.

Just think of it like an AA/AC expansion pack. I love me some AA/AC(more than AA), so I should have a good time with this title.

JakeD

yeah, i love the fact that
even the "good guys" are scared of batman, because they have no idea who he is

i also love the
dark knight movie influences, which might have been in AA and AC
but i don't remember them being so obvious

People on Gamefaqs are reporting the same problem. Some say Wii U DLC codes often don't work until the eshop is updated at 9am pacific / 12pm eastern. The DLC isn't there yet.

That's fucking retarded. *edit* and why do none of the Nintendo customer service reps know this. I've been on the phone with them for like an hour and talked to about 5 different people. How does no one there know this?!

* no wonder the Miiverse achivement posts don't work either.

Zukuu

Banned
So I'm Shadow Vigilante Rank 4, but Free Flow Focus didn't unlock for me at level 3, making it impossible to progress Shadow Vigilante any further. The icon for free flow focus has still "a lock" when I go to auxiliary upgrades. What to do? D:

ironcreed

Banned
Just think of it like an AA/AC expansion pack. I love me some AA/AC(more than AA), so I should have a good time with this title.

Kind of like Like Fallout: New Vegas. Which many would argue is even better. Sometimes keeping a winning formula intact, but with little tweaks here and there is not such a bad thing. Had they changed too much, I bet many would be crying foul for bastardizing Rocksteady's masterpiece.

strafer

So I just met The Joker.
Troy does the voice perfectly.

Also, the bank mission is like The Dark Knight.

YOU THINK YOU CAN STEAL FROM ME!!!

LOL

Fuck this game is awesome.

Might be GOTY for me.

Naminator

Banned
I have a question for people who already fought Electrocutioner.

I fought him and he got knocked out in a single hit, was that a bug or is that supposed to happen?

LordAlu

I appear to have come across a random bug. In the Burnley Communications tower you hack the first point and bars come across the window. You're supposed to use the Batclaw to pull down a grate so you can Grapnel up and climb in. However when I get up there Batman refuses point blank to move. I've tried every button and button combination and he just hangs there, unless I press B to drop down. I've tried using the keyboard instead of the controller to no avail, and I've tried resetting from a checkpoint and even quitting and reloading - he just point blank refuses to climb in.

Gonna try a full system reboot just for shits and giggles, but without being able to finish that I won't be able to do any of the collectables in there nor use the Batwing. :(

Man the environment in this game is beautiful. The way the city is layed out, the verticality, the gothic look. It just looks great(pc). Not to mention it is running damn good on my old gtx 480. I'm getting 50-60 fps with everything maxed and physx on high. Should have overclocked my cpu a long time ago.

I appear to have come across a random bug. In the Burnley Communications tower you hack the first point and bars come across the window. You're supposed to use the Batclaw to pull down a grate so you can Grapnel up and climb in. However when I get up there Batman refuses point blank to move. I've tried every button and button combination and he just hangs there, unless I press B to drop down. I've tried using the keyboard instead of the controller to no avail, and I've tried resetting from a checkpoint and even quitting and reloading - he just point blank refuses to climb in.

Gonna try a full system reboot just for shits and giggles, but without being able to finish that I won't be able to do any of the collectables in there nor use the Batwing. :(

It's a bug that's been mentioned several times in this thread. Apparently a patch should sort it out, but when they'll get it out is anyone's guess.

Tried multiplayer. Something tells me I'm going to be using the phrase, "Fuck you, Batman!" a lot.
Seems like it will be really good once I figure out how to play properly.

Hurley

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention on what to do next but fuck I'm stuck right now with no idea what to do, I just beat
anarchy
and the only objective on my map right now is
locate black mask
but there is no marker for it..

Ephemeris

Yeah the whole combat flow is slightly sped up and it's throwing me. Took a while to get comfortable again.
Spent hours playing arkham city yesterday .

I knew it was sped up but yeah , threw me off as well. Fundamentally they're the same but there definitely has been tweaks made

AHA-Lambda

has anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?

I was try to do one of the radio towers and Engima locks me in, I pull the grate off with the batclaw to get out but as soon as I grapple up to it Batman for some reason just won't pull himself up, thus trapping me in the room.

Am I missing something here?

Sure it may not have revolutionized much, but this game is f'ing tight. Love it so far.

After preordering through Amazon (PC download), how do I unlock the Deathstroke skin? Is that only for NG+ or challenge modes or something?

has anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?

I was try to do one of the radio towers and Engima locks me in, I pull the grate off with the batclaw to get out but as soon as I grapple up to it Batman for some reason just won't pull himself up, thus trapping me in the room.

Am I missing something here?

Everyone has had it haha, needs patched, it's a proper bug.

Soy, Deathstroke is playable in the challenge mode, you should be able to find him there. It's not just a costume skin, it's actually him with his own moveset.

Please when it comes to proper nouns, use spoiler tags! I like to keep every cameo a surprise, while still addressing people's questions.

I love the attention to detail in this game. The batcave is amazing, I like batman's supercomputer's specs and his case board he has up on the wall.

I don't think the review scores do this game justice. Essentially the question you have to ask yourself is, did you like arkham city? If yes, then play this game.

Zukuu

Banned
So I'm Shadow Vigilante Rank 4, but Free Flow Focus didn't unlock for me at level 3, making it impossible to progress Shadow Vigilante any further. The icon for free flow focus has still "a lock" when I go to auxiliary upgrades. What to do? D:

no one? D:

TentPole

Hard is definitely more challenging than the other games. It really forces you to use your gadgets to keep the enemies around you off your back why you focus on one target.

Sojgat

Really liking the game so far, but I hate that Batman's raised hands fighting stance makes it impossible to turn your back on enemies. I miss being able to do no fucks given counters like in the previous games. Batman doesn't need to look at these criminal scum to kick their asses.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I've either found a glitch, or I'm missing something super obvious. After completing a side mission, I get locked in a room. The only thing in the small room I can do is pull a vent cover near the ceiling, when I do, I still can't get into the vent. He just hangs there, refusing to climb in. Tried to throw a remote batarang in, nothing there for it. Done it twice now.

Not really spoilers, but I'll mark it anyway.
It's the comms tower in Burnley. Can't get out of it.

Same here, FIX THIS SHIT ASAP!

Top Bottom