• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Hard is definitely more challenging than the other games. It really forces you to use your gadgets to keep the enemies around you off your back why you focus on one target.

It forces you to counter or dodge roll or otherwise perform moves that cause you to become invulnerable all the time because the flurry of attacks from larger groups NEVER stops. It's not a difficulty change, it's a style change to make it more defensive and counter oriented, like Assassin's Creed.

Naminator

Banned
Just encountered a bug

After defeating Slade(awesome fight btw) and talking with the Penguin you are forced to leave the ship, however the door that you're supposed to through will NOT open, I spend like 30 mins running around like an idiot finding a way out.

Anyway, just restart from the last checkpoint and you'll be able to open the door.

If you get stuck in the Riddler tower room with the unclimbable vent you can fast travel out or restart the game. The bars do not reappear over the window if you do this, so you can still go back in and play with it (or complete it) when they fix the vent.

Ummmm I cant play this game at all. It just says WBID busy and then never gets past the batman loading screen. Anyone else getting the same issue? (360 version) Going to give the multiplayer a blast to see if I have anymore luck.

Ummmm I cant play this game at all. It just says WBID busy and then never gets past the batman loading screen. Anyone else getting the same issue? (360 version) Going to give the multiplayer a blast to see if I have anymore luck.

Weird. Can't imagine what's causing that but have you tried disconnecting your 360 from the ent and playing offline? The WBID thing is to connect to their account system so offline should skip that maybe? Not a great workaround, but you'll be able to play the campaign in the meantime.

Flew towards some guys, no clipped through the ground and below the map

this is surprisingly janky game

and man, where the fuck are my critical strikes

also, there is a thing as TOO aggressive, Montreal. I feel like every strike, I need to counter or dodge because people are ALWAYS attacking me.

Squishy3

there aren't enough games with this glitch recently, it's not a real open world game unless you fall through the ground at least once

Also, the Deathstroke fight was fucking sweet.

Early boss spoilers

i
s the electric guys boss fight supposed to be super quick? It lasted about 5 seconds after he made his grand entrance. I hit him one time and it cut to batman kicking him in the face, seemed odd.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If you get stuck in the Riddler tower room with the unclimbable vent you can fast travel out or restart the game. The bars do not reappear over the window if you do this, so you can still go back in and play with it (or complete it) when they fix the vent.

Yeah sure, but it's still annoying as fuck since you can't fast travel in that region.

TentPole

It forces you to counter or dodge roll or otherwise perform moves that cause you to become invulnerable all the time because the flurry of attacks from larger groups NEVER stops. It's not a difficulty change, it's a style change to make it more defensive and counter oriented, like Assassin's Creed.

The attacks are only continuous if you are solely relying on your fist and counters. You can absolutely use your thermal paste, batarangs, and concussion grenades to give yourself plenty of breathing room. It just takes more skill and is absolutely a difficulty change.

Dave1988

and man, where the fuck are my critical strikes

also, this is a thing as TOO aggressive, Montreal. I feel like every strike, I need to counter or dodge because people are ALWAYS attacking me.

Seriously. It makes me really appreciate how marvelous of a job Rocksteady did with AA/AC.

Squishy3

So do you need a WBID to play multiplayer? Because the WBID terms of agreement is in Japanese for me and when it asks me to input my login the form isn't there. :p

That it is. The first time I went to the Batcave I walked to the left of the computer (walked away from it and by the wall on that side) and Batman magically teleported onto a table that didn't exist. And then he was stuck in place. Restarting fixed it, but, yeah, jank.

Weird. Can't imagine what's causing that but have you tried disconnecting your 360 from the ent and playing offline? The WBID thing is to connect to their account system so offline should skip that maybe? Not a great workaround, but you'll be able to play the campaign in the meantime.
Good idea thanks. Didn't think of that. Multi seems to be working though so will give that a go first.

Like I said it forces you to use your gear for crowd control. The attacks are only continuous if you are solely relying on your fist and counters. You can absolutely use your thermal paste, batarangs, and concussion grenades to give yourself plenty of breathing room. It just takes more skill and is absolutely a difficulty change.

Good players already do all those things. But deploying those things in large groups isn't always effective because you get punched in a nanosecond since thugs are faster than Batman now.

I haven't been using the concussion detonator since they cleverly bind it to your = key on KBM controls. Those generally aren't even quick-firable.

gametrailer's thing got me hyped. Are there many counter based boss fights? footage in the video gives me vibes of that QTE knife fight in RE4 and some of punchout.

Red Comet

Reviews I've read have been sort of mixed, but I'm getting this for free for buying my new graphics card. Can't wait to install it when I get home.

lockload

Just wait it gets there eventually took a good few mns on mine the wbid bust message had gone away it was on a static picture it eventually went to the menu

TentPole

Good players already do all those things. But deploying those things in large groups isn't always effective because you get punched in a nanosecond since thugs are faster than Batman now.

I haven't been using the concussion detonator since they cleverly bind it to your = key on KBM controls. Those generally aren't even quick-firable.

I don't know if you are complaining about the keyboard mapping with this comment but they are absolutely quick-firable with a controller.

And it is perfectly possible to keep incoming attacks a good 3-4 seconds apart with proper crowd control on hard mode so I don't really know what to tell you.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Haha, was wondering if you'd chime in man, glad your digging it. If DC had actually got that DoTF HC out this month, would be perfect.

Yea, it's easily a lot of fun. Perhaps more so than Arkham City, it's just not as refined. The combat is solid as hell, no complaints there. Ground takedowns don't always register for some reason which is annoying as hell. Other than that and the occasional bug it's great.

DC actually managed to get the DotF omnibus out this month (it's titled as a Joker book), so there's that.

gametrailer's thing got me hyped. Are there many counter based boss fights? footage in the video gives me vibes of that QTE knife fight in RE4 and some of punchout.

The
Slade
fight is like that and it is fucking awesome. Sadly you need to turn on the hints system otherwise you won't know when to hit counter. It's a good think it's a toggle (which is great).

AHA-Lambda

Anyone know where
the penguin arm cache on the Final Offer is? I'm standing on the ship but can't find it, is it inside? The map doesn't seem to say so.

justjim89

Fuck, this cutscene issue is really bothering me. I got gameplay pretty playable, but the cutscenes still run like complete dogshit. Out of sync, choppy framerate, and it always causes a glitch whenever it goes back to gameplay. Any solution for this? I can't enjoy the story if it's told through a slideshow.

Zukuu

Banned
Apart from gamebreaking bug, which no one else seems to have so I'm stuck in progress for skill unlocks, the hint system is really obtrusive. It's either yes or no toggle, which doesn't offer me the option i want: Disable tutorial "use O>[] for beatdown!", but leave counter indicators on.

GolazoDan

I'm really liking this game so far, about 3 hours in. Seem to be where a lot of people are, the boss battle with
Deathstroke
and acquiring the
concussion thingymajigger
. It's much better than a lot of people are giving it credit for, at least in the reviews. The boss battle I mentioned really reminded me of Raiden vs. Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. That one-on-one confrontation!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm really liking this game so far, about 3 hours in. Seem to be where a lot of people are, the boss battle with
Deathstroke
and acquiring the
concussion thingymajigger
. It's much better than a lot of people are giving it credit for, at least in the reviews. The boss battle I mentioned really reminded me of Raiden vs. Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. That one-on-one confrontation!

It is a really great fight. I was hyped the whole way through, try using a combo takedown. It's so awesome.

The reviews don't quite do it justice, if it weren't for the occasional bugs and occasional slowdowns during cutscenes this game would easily be a 10. I mean if Skyrim can get a 9 or 10 with similar problems there's no reason this shouldn't.

Played a little using the gamepad, looks like nearly all of the features from the Armored Edition are gone. Even hacking consoles is done with the sticks.

I dont mind (i wanted to use the pro controller) but those of you looking forward to gamepad specific features will be bummed.

Alright, I'm upset now.

I got to the Electrocutioner fight yesterday and went to play some challenge maps. Today, I load my save and try to progress in the story and it spawns me in an INFINITE BLACK SPACE where Batman is just floating about.

The map still tells me I'm on the ship but now I have absolutely no idea what to do. Gamebreaking glitch? Can't Batwing out of there either :(

nOoblet16

I played this for a few hours and jumped back to City and Asylum and played them for a few hours as well. This game is superior to both in terms of atmosphere, gameplay and story. The only things the past games have over this are the voice actors of the leads.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Alright, I'm upset now.

I got to the Electrocutioner fight yesterday and went to play some challenge maps. Today, I load my save and try to progress in the story and it spawns me in an INFINITE BLACK SPACE where Batman is just floating about.

The map still tells me I'm on the ship but now I have absolutely no idea what to do. Gamebreaking glitch?

Try reloading, there are a few bugs like that. Most of them go away when the game's reloaded.

I don't understand this thread,

Is this an amazing game, or is it not?

It is, but it has a similar asterisk that Skyrim did. It's an amazing game, but it's also a bit buggy.

Top Bottom