• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone found any [non-spoiler] easer eggs? I went to Selena Kyle's appartment, but nothing. Not even a cat outside the window or something. Went to Crime Alley, of course the rose and figures were there but nothing interactive like the amazing moment in Arkham City. If any, it looked pretty bland, even DCUO did it better.

And the more I play, the more I encounter bugs, glitches and other stuff that should've been polished out. The grapple especially seems less tight than Arkham City, especially with a lot of rooftops/billboards I cannot grapple on for no reason whatsoever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So I just finished the game and.....I'm dissapointed. Definitely not at the level of the previous two games, imo it starts out pretty damn good, but the further the story progress the worse it becomes. Luckily it was only 20 euros. But definitely not worth the full price.

I respectfully disagree, thought the last half of the game is much better.

Anyone found any [non-spoiler] easer eggs? I went to Selena Kyle's appartment, but nothing. Not even a cat outside the window or something. Went to Crime Alley, of course the rose and figures were there but nothing interactive like the amazing moment in Arkham City. If any, it looked pretty bland, even DCUO did it better.

Yeah i missed that too, not many easter eggs.

Moss

Grrrr.

PC version. Anybody else have this bug in the Burnley Comm tower where you can't climb into this air duct? It basically means I can't unlock the Burnley tower.

edit: apparently so. Gdamn it, I need to finish this game before BF4 hits.

Came in to ask about this. Very irritating.

And the more I play, the more I encounter bugs, glitches and other stuff that should've been polished out. The grapple especially seems less tight than Arkham City, especially with a lot of rooftops/billboards I cannot grapple on for no reason whatsoever.

This is really one of my biggest complaints, how much of a pain it is getting around this damn city. The grapple points seem a lot more strict for some arbitrary reason, even on perfectly horizontal ledges. Sometimes there are grapple points and they simply don't register on the screen.

Good game, especially in the second half, but it can't escape the feeling that its simply a really impressive fanmod of Arkham City, complete with janky mechanics and bugs cuz no QA time. And throwing LOTS OF ENEMIES AT YOU AND NOW THEY'RE FASTER that's always popular with fanmods.

LordAlu

Came in to ask about this. Very irritating.
Unfortunately this game is a mess at the moment bug/glitch wise. You can get around the grate one by using a clip to force Batman high enough that he can avoid that room altogether.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

I can't even play - loading my save currently has Batman free falling through darkness and there's no way I'm playing through 14+ hours again so I've got to wait for a patch and hope it fixes it.

All these glitches and bugs I'm reading about are making me not want to buy this right now :/

(especially since it'd be the Wii U version, and who knows when they'd bother to patch that one?)

Blader

I was watching the GT review and there was a shit ton of screen tearing. Is it that bad in the game or it that just on GT's end?

I wonder if it'd be doable to have WB and Rocksteady trade off on Batman games. One could do Bruce Wayne Batman, one could do DickBatman or TerryBatman.

Ok who ever though Tracy's lines of dialog were acceptable should go take a long hard look in the mirror. It's about an accurate representation of the affable cockney dialect as Dick van Dyke in Marry Poppins, christ Nick Cotton's son in East Enders was more convincing. I'm half creasing up with laughter and half cringing in despair.

RIGHT PROPA NAUHGTY

Yeah that was seriously cringe worthy >_<

So bad. My ears are bleeding. Ow. If she were real, that'd be an instant boner killer.

Anyone had any ambient crimes to stop on the bridge? I only have one last crime to stop before I've finished the Gotham Protector track, but no matter how long I spend whizzing up and down the bridge or going away and coming back, I get no notifications of crime taking place there. Unless there's another area of the city that opens up, this is the 9th district?

gfdoom

All these glitches and bugs I'm reading about are making me not want to buy this right now :/

(especially since it'd be the Wii U version, and who knows when they'd bother to patch that one?)

WiiU version doesn't suffer from low frame rates and screen tearing. I've played for a couple of hrs already and haven't experienced anything yet. Plus I've fought a large group of thugs at the same time outside with no slowdown or anything.

Mogwai

If you have other games to play, wait. Origins is not too bad, but it's definitely annoying to be playing a game that clearly hasn't gone through QA.

I was watching the GT review and there was a shit ton of screen tearing. Is it that bad in the game or it that just on GT's end?

I've not been using a Vsync in AO and it's actually very good. In Asylum my eyes would bleed without Vsync. If that's any reference point for you.

Ahasverus

I can safely suggest that WB montreal keeps making the Batman games while Godsteady creates new gameplay for other properties (or their own)

gfdoom

There's also a neat little feature, when you get an accomplishment (achievements), it'll post the screenshot to Miiverse. You can turn the option off if u don't like

WiiU version doesn't suffer from low frame rates and screen tearing. I've played for a couple of hrs already and haven't experienced anything yet. Plus I've fought a large group of thugs at the same time outside with no slowdown or anything.

The performance is fantastic to hear, since I was planning to get this for PC (but can't because my PC is being stupid). But, I was more referring to the weird bugs that people in here are reporting. People are losing saves and progress.

The performance is fantastic to hear, since I was planning to get this for PC (but can't because my PC is being stupid). But, I was more referring to the weird bugs that people in here are reporting. People are losing saves and progress.

Most of them are just roll your eyes/restart at checkpoint and lose 60 secs of progress for one or two, and aren't too frequent. There is a genuine bug blocking the completion of the
Riddler
villian sidequest, but there doesn't seem to be anything else genuinely blocking or ruining content. Just quite a lot of little annoying "Really?" moments. As someone said, depends if you have other games/how bad your dying to play it

luiztfc

Guys, I'm lost. After Deathstroke and
the pinguin scene
where do I need to go? I only get the
Locate the Black Mask
objetive but I don't know where to go...

Kabuto

I'm about to jump back in the game again after taking a break but these were some of the stand out moments during the hours I played today:

THAT Joker/Batman scene is amazing. If the game continues to be as good as that part, it could rise to be the best Arkham game.

The Copperhead boss fight was so good.
It was the best hallucination boss fight out of all three games for sure.

Bane is awesome in this game. His boss fight was the best one so far in my opinion

I love the Shock Gloves but they're kind of OP

I wonder why Batman stopped using the
glue grenades
. I think they look cooler than the
Freeze grenades from AC
haha.

Sn4ke_911

the pinguin scene
Meet the Black Mask

Where are you now? are you in the big room were you fight Deathstroke? if so you need to leave the ship through the exit door.

Mogwai

the pinguin scene
Meet the Black Mask

Go to Coventry. You need to enter the Lacey Tower. Look for the building with gargoyles.

The devs forgot to add a marker...

Kabuto

the pinguin scene
Locate the Black Mask

I was lost here for 20 minutes too. Go back to where you fought Deathstroke and there's an exit right there
across from Penguin's door

luiztfc

Where are you now? are you in the big room were you fight Deathstroke? if so you need to leave the ship through the exit door.

I did, but I don't know that to do next in game. I keep wandering around, gliding here and there, but the game doesn't give me a big objective. I just completed Anarchist sidemission.

luiztfc

Go to Coventry. You need to enter the Lacey Tower. Look for the building with gargoyles.

The devs forgot to add a marker...

That was it! Thank you very much! And thanks you, doniewhalberg, Sn4ke_911 and Kabuto!

Ps. Ryu1999 that bug happened to me as well and I had to reload the game!

Ephemeris

If there's a boss fight better than Deathstroke's, then auto-GOTY for me right there.

Fighting him on hard was such a rush. Even got the trophy for not taking damage too.

Remmy2112

This one content that's suitable for a 10 year old?

Thanks

Not really, no. It really pushes the boundary of the T rating. Not so much with language/sexuality, but with violence, and moments where you are wading through the aftermath of massacres where victims have been posed. Plus some of the crime scene reconstructions are brutal, particularly one penthouse murder scene.

If there's a boss fight better than Deathstroke's, then auto-GOTY for me right there.

Fighting him on hard was such a rush. Even got the trophy for not taking damage too.

That shit was crazy intense. My hand was screaming at me after I'd died twice. Fucking laser focus taking him on. And the way it's shot and framed, I dunno, just feels perfect. Really feels like a legit Batman/Arch-enemy fight. So fucking intense. Loved it.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah it was awesome but I for one enjoyed
Bane's
boss battle a little more. The location, the crowd (HA! HA! HA!) ... that was even more intense.

but both are great boss fights.

Ephemeris

That shit was crazy intense. My hand was screaming at me after I'd died twice. Fucking laser focus taking him on. And the way it's shot and framed, I dunno, just feels perfect. Really feels like a legit Batman/Arch-enemy fight. So fucking intense. Loved it.

Yes !

It really does credit to both characters.

Yeah it was awesome but I for one enjoyed
Bane's
boss battle a little more. The location, the crowd (HA! HA! HA!) ... that is even more intense.

haha. I forgot never to quote a post in spoiler tags. I figured it was who you typed based on the length of the name anyways. Looking forward it it.

Sn4ke_911

Hahah, scroll up man, I think my Q got lost in the shuffle up the page. I mean the ambient crimes the police radio calls in!

Oooh i see, no never did anything like that. I figured it will just be a boring fight with a bunch of goons so i sticked to the story and a few side missions.

I figured it was who you typed based on the length of the name anyways. Looking forward it it.

Well, I could have meant a lot of people with that length ;)

Ugh my game keeps freezing... It's really starting to piss me off.

What platform? i had not a single freeze/crash on PC.

Not really, no. It really pushes the boundary of the T rating. Not so much with language/sexuality, but with violence, and moments where you are wading through the aftermath of massacres where victims have been posed. Plus some of the crime scene reconstructions are brutal, particularly one penthouse murder scene.

Thanks

AHA-Lambda

I've just
saved Alfred and about to go to Blackgate to stop Joker.

How much left is there?

I've still got 2 more case files and 2 more most wanted missions left.

justjim89

Is no one else still having issues with cutscenes? At one point last night I was playing the GCPD level and two cutscenes played relatively smoothly, but today they're back to running horribly. Is there anything I can do?

People keep talking about how great the story is, but how can I enjoy it if I can't even watch fucking pre rendered movies? Is it because the cutscenes mask loading times? I'm really perplexed here and getting increasingly pissed off. There has to be some kind of fix.

Edit: playing on PC, for the record

Onionkid

I've just
saved Alfred and about to go to Blackgate to stop Joker.

How much left is there?

I've still got 2 more case files and 2 more most wanted missions left.

You're going into the final stretch, as in I'm pretty sure once you get there you're in a point-of-no-return section and have to finish the whole game. Probably less than an hour to go.

So I just finished the game. Wow! Really enjoyed that much more than I figured I would. Agree with anyone who has complained about the grapple points being too infrequent and seemingly arbitrarily chosen. Frustrated me to no end. And I'm not sure why everyone is in love with the
Deathstroke
fight...
honestly with all the countering you do in it, it felt like a QTE fest that could rival some of the dumbest God of War moments
, but other than that I enjoyed most of the bosses. Oh and the blah to the
Mad Hatter "boss", that really felt like a poor man's version of the Scarecrow boss.

EDIT:

Is no one else still having issues with cutscenes? At one point last night I was playing the GCPD level and two cutscenes played relatively smoothly, but today they're back to running horribly. Is there anything I can do?

People keep talking about how great the story is, but how can I enjoy it if I can't even watch fucking pre rendered movies? Is it because the cutscenes mask loading times? I'm really perplexed here and getting increasingly pissed off. There has to be some kind of fix.

Yea, I figured that was just my Xbox choking and wheezing, didn't realize others were having that issue too. It's so incredibly awkward sometimes, like the video and audio breaks out of sync and the video pauses until the audio portion catches back up. Def. pulled me out of the story a lot, which is a shame since other than it hiccuping I feel like it's really well told.

RPGCrazied

UPS doesn't work on weekends, guess I'm not getting it until Monday. I hope they get the framerate fixed in a patch for the PS3 version.

SJRB

Gold Member

PS3 has this too - stuttering video, audio dropping. It's quite the mess and it completely ruins cool moments.

Top Bottom