• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Forever or Batman & Robin: which one had worse villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lmax4cuAnO1qc49oko1_500.gif

8952-1295.gif

vs

tumblr_m9senbrKpN1r14scv.gif

8ff8d4045099c99544edfe3c3b2ec63e.gif

multiple-villains-01.jpg

Batman forever, because Jim Carrey is so bad. I feel sorry for him. Dat riddler bulge

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Carrey was at least somewhat amusing. Batman & Robin was just utter shit all the way through, sans the hilarious batnipples.

I really liked Jim Carrey in that movie. Maybe because I was a kid but I thought he was super entertaining and I remember it being super dark him turning from Nygma into the Riddler.

I would take Freeze and Ivy over 2 Face though.

Forever. It pained me to see Tommy Lee Jones in such a bad role, and Jim Carrey as the Riddler was just inane and obnoxious.

Arnold and Uma at least had me laughing consistently whenever they were on screen (you can never have enough ice puns), but that movie also completely ruined Bane. At least he was cool in TDKR...

Two-Face was horrible and a waste of perfectly good Tommy Lee Jones. And yet I liked Jim Carrey's Riddler.

Mr. Freeze was Arnie doing bad ice puns with Arnie style, which is good. Poison Ivy was sort of Catwoman all over again (mousy to 40s film sexy), which is neutral. Bane sucked.

I'm truly torn as to which set of villains was worse.

Stet

Banned
Jim Carrey worked well because The Riddler is actually a flamboyant villain. It's like the casting director got lucky with that one.

Batman & Robin is host to the single best Rifftrax commentary of all time. It's got to the point where B&R with Riff is possibly my most watched movie of all time.

Batman & Robin. I don't know. I don't think Forever is a good movie, but I get "I had fun ham and cheesing it" vibes from Carrey and TLJ. Uma Thurman and Arnold... it's awkward.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Batman and Robin, for the dialogue those villains had alone. Jesus it was so bad, so bad that it was good.

Tucah

you speak so well
Jim Carrey is the best part of Forever, but I do love ice puns...tough choice.

Okay, fine, Batman and Robin.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Two-face, Mr. Freeze, and Bane were all equally terrible. Poison Ivy wasn't as bad as those 3. Riddler was more entertaining than all of them. So for those reasons I'd say B&R had worse villains.

strobogo

Banned
Idk, but Batman and Robin is a much more enjoyable movie. It's so bad and campy it's awesome. Batman Forever tries to straddle the line of that and Burton movies and its a boring mess.

what was the need to ruin Mr Freeze and Two Face? Both are incredibly interesting and deep villains, why write them to be pun machine and poor man's joker?

I liked Carrey as the Riddler though. I think the movie could have stood okay with just the Riddler as the main villain. The Riddler is obnoxious and spontaneous, so it works really well.

KevinCow

Banned
B&R simply for the Mr Freeze puns.

The topic is asking which was the worst, not the best. Mr. Freeze's puns are the reason he's the greatest villain in any Batman movie.

Forever, on the other hand, is awful because both Riddler and Two Face felt like they were just trying to copy Nicholson's Joker.

G-Fex

Well I suppose in the way they were dangerous I suppose Batman and Robin had worse villains, Forever's villains were in a way a threat. Freeze and Ivy not too much.

Batman and Robin is a great movie

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought Forever was pretty good. With that said Two-Face felt... there? He had a presence but suddenly vanished the moment Riddler came in.

Also, I agree that Forever has the best "psyche" between Batman and Bruce that no film had managed to do better.

It pains me that Bane was always pictured as muscle bound brute in that movie. He's nothing like that in the comics. Poor Bane had to live with that stigma for more than a decade.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Batman & Robin is host to the single best Rifftrax commentary of all time. It's got to the point where B&R with Riff is possibly my most watched movie of all time.
That was the one where the jokes were supplied by the community, right? I didn't realize it was so good. I'll jump on it next time they have a sale.

G-Fex

I bet all you guys who happily or even enraged that love to spit all your vileness at Batman and Robin must feel pretty good about yourselves. I assume you're there with your The Dark Knight posters and your 400 page thesis on why Christopher Nolan is such a genius and your TDK Joker Wallpaper.

You guys make me shake my head.

It's probably because I grew up with it playing nonstop, but I really don't think Forever is that bad. It's worth watching just for how bizarre it is to see Tommy Lee Jones out-mugging Jim Carrey. Everyone should also remember that Forever had Nicole Kidman.

Shits all over Returns, at least.

I have too much nostalgia for Forever to ever hate it, I watched that movie all the time as a kid. I .liked Jim Carrey as Riddler too.

Batman and Robin is just bad. Bad bad bad
It's probably because I grew up with it playing nonstop, but I really don't think Forever is that bad. It's worth watching just for how bizarre it is to see Tommy Lee Jones out-mugging Jim Carrey.
this

Defuser

I can't hate Arnie's Mr Freeze. It's so bad its good with the puns. I would say Batman and Robin because of Poison Ivy and Bane although Two-Face is equally as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom