• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Forever or Batman & Robin: which one had worse villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cha ching

CLsGv4O.gif

bigosc2k

Banned
TLJ played a really shitty Two Face, and as much as I loved Mr. Freeze and his puns, Poison Ivy and Bane were just terrible.

I don't know. In a new Batman movie I'd like to see Carrey as Riddler again. He looks and can act the part. Get rid of the tights and tone it down and you have a legit Riddler.

Jim Carrey as The Riddler was no Frank Gorshin, but I did like his quirkiness. Two-Face was actually kinda lame. His origin isn't covered very well, and his one goal is to kill Batman because...uh...

Ahnold as Mr. Freeze was lame. He has his lame cheesy puns, but then he becomes dramatic with his comatose wife and you're supposed to sympathize with him, but then he throws that away when he goes back to puns. Poison Ivy was better, but I wish they could've gotten someone better to act for her. Bane was...wait, Bane was in this movie?

& Robin had worse villains.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Jim Carrey was fucking awesome in Batman Forever, I think he did a great job.

Everything else about it sucked pretty bad though.

Pau

I have yet to see Batman Forever and this thread is just reaffirming my decision to not change that any time soon.

black_13

Banned
Batman Forever is actually semi-decent compared to Batman and Robin.

I didn't mind the Riddler and Uma Thurman as Poisen Ivy was HOT!

Two-face/Freeze however were both turned into joke, funny villians when both were dead-serious in the comics. I'd say Freeze was worse along with Bane as well so Batman and Robin wins(loses).

Either way fuck Joel Schumacker.

Worse would be Forever. As much as I love Arnold and Emma, no one could have succeeded in those roles.

Jim Carrey wasn't a terrible Riddler. Tommy Lee Jones was entertaining as well. "Let's start this party with a bang!"

bryanee

Batman Forever is plain old boring shit.

Batman and Robin is plain old shit but pretty damn funny.

If I was made to watch one it would be B&R.

I hate Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face, Carrey is almost as shit as the Riddler.

massoluk

Banned
Tough calls.

Batman Forever has Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey as The Jokers
Batman & Robin has Punninator, Punny Ivy, and Brain Dead Bane.

But I gotta go with Batman & Robin.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Forever's Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones felt too awkward for me. Batman & Robin's villains felt like they were a bit more in on it.

Bane was terrible though and as an aside, Alicia Silverstone was atrocious (suit me up, Uncle Alfred!)

I think they even out.

There is this scene in forever when batman goes to see Nicole at night at her home...Nicole is in her sleeping suit, batman looking like stud. It gave me those sensual feels even when i had no idea what was going on..so yea, batman forever all the way because it developed my feelings about sexuality as a child

Batman Forever is actually semi-decent compared to Batman and Robin.

I didn't mind the Riddler and Uma Thurman as Poisen Ivy was HOT!

Two-face/Freeze however were both turned into joke, funny villians when both were dead-serious in the comics. I'd say Freeze was worse along with Bane as well so Batman and Robin wins(loses).

Either way fuck Joel Schumacker.

Batman and Robin wasn't really Joel's fault. He was saddled with most of the nonsense dreamed up by the executives looking to build the film around every possible exploitative merchandising opportunity.

massoluk

Banned
Batman and Robin wasn't really Joel's fault. He was saddled with most of the nonsense dreamed up by the executives looking to build the film around every possible exploitative merchandising opportunity.

I don't see it as particularly good excuse. Michael Keaton walked away from the film because of the way it's heading, if Joel didn't like it, he could have walked. He stayed, he shot the film, it's his baby.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Riddle me this, why does Jim Carrey get shit on when he is the best part of Forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom