• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I really like switching between a M1907 SL Sweeper and a Mondragon.

I'm not very leveled up though, so I'm not sure if there are better options.
Played the Rigotti, Selbstlader1916 (both factory), M1907 Sweeper and the Mondragon Storm so far.

Like the Mondragon best so far, followed by the M1907, though the Rigotti is fun if you want to challenge yourself in TDM (or rather: play the "can I hide and reload for 7 seconds before the next guy comes" game after one full auto kill).

Selbstlader is overrated IMO, the very long time it takes for your aim to reset after a shot (your semi auto fire rate means nothing if you can't before waiting for the reset) and miserable hip fire performance (which you need if you storm a flag) is not worth the overkill ammo capacity, 10 shots is plenty enough for the Mondragon and that thing still reloads fast, fires laser beams and deals the same damage... and has good hipfire in a pitch. M1907 is the best option for permanent close combat, Rigotti is IMO the better choice if you primarily fight close but also sometimes end up in medium range fight... if you can make the ammo capacity combined with the slow as molasses reload.

Can't wait to try the scoped version of the Mondragon.

I read. People as defense won with 256. Then the attacking team got again 256 tickets and a Behemoth. I stick to 40 players. :p

---

Patch notes symthic style. No nerf to the model 10 i see.

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefiel...2016-battlefield-1-patch-notes-symthic-style/

giphy.gif

YESS!!!

YESSSS!!!!

How I feel. Cheering alone with a group of grumpy saltines.

Bought Titanfall 2 last weekend and the multiplayer just wasn't for me (the single player was great though), so I traded it for Battlefield 1 and I am enjoying the multiplayer a lot more. I have found it is a lot easier to take my time and familiarise myself with the mechanics in this, so whilst I still feel out of my depth a lot of the time, I can see myself being able to become a better player.

Also, it looks fucking gorgeous. I am playing on a launch PS4 and some of the maps, especially the desert one when the weather clears are pretty amazing. It actually convinced me not to get a PS4 Pro.

Squad leader Mutiny is in. Takes 1 min.

WealthyPopularBasil-size_restricted.gif
This is amazing, it also guarantees that someone who actually cares about orders gets the promotion (by giving it to the guy requesting them).

YESS!!!

YESSSS!!!!

How I feel. Cheering alone with a group of grumpy saltines.
Yeah, you are also not one of the guys playing on PC who has to suffer through getting hipfire sniped on the move by them up to 25 meters.

Redders

Autoloading 8 .25 Extended: ReloadLeft - from 2.6 to 2.1
Autoloading 8 .25 Extended: ReloadEmpty - from 3.2 to 2.6
Autoloading 8 .25 Extended: ReloadThrs - from 0.77 to 0.82

Just to confirm assume this is lowering the reload time? Bonus if correct. Also what is Thrs?

It is indeed automatic, but don't ever fire it full auto. Just rapidly tap fire it like a semi-auto.

Alright thanks, I'd imagine that's where I'd do poorly trying full auto.

I look forward to seeing you on bruv.

Also... if they nerf the Model 10 I may suck for a couple games or just switch Hellreigel.

Shall see you there, doesn't look its been nerfed!

Selbstlader 1906 Factory: HIPRecoilLeft - from 0.2 to 0.1
Selbstlader 1906 Factory: ADSRecoilLeft - from 0.2 to 0.1
Selbstlader 1906 Factory: HIPRecoilRight - from 0.2 to 0.1
Selbstlader 1906 Factory: ADSRecoilRight - from 0.2 to 0.1

lol shit needs more help than that. Nobody is going to use it still. I don't think they understand. It only has five rounds per clip and it takes three to kill someone with it (unless they are already damaged or a headshot). It's a level 10 weapon and almost every other Medic weapon is better.

I have 350hrs on BF3 ,400 on BF4 and 115 on BF1. Am I veteran? Given the fact my veteran dogtag is locked ,I guess not.
Going by their Twitter it seems they will unlock it later/have specific conditions.

I hope they just hand it out if you have BF3 or BF4, it's pretty much the best looking dog tag I have seen so far (gotta love the Kaiser).

Patch notes symthic style. No nerf to the model 10 i see. Hellriegel more recoil.

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefiel...2016-battlefield-1-patch-notes-symthic-style/
Cheers Theorry! Kind of ridiculous that Symthic have patch notes up for DICE's game before DICE can be bothered posting them.

Very sad to see the BAR get nerfed, but amazed that the Model 10-A didn't get touched. I still haven't unlocked the Hellriegel so it's a shame I'll never get to see it at it's previous strength.

Nice to see the MGs get a slight buff, although I still would have preferred they didn't touch the BAR and just boosted the rest of them to match.

Calmine

lol shit needs more help than that. Nobody is going to use it still. I don't think they understand. It only has five rounds per clip and it takes three to kill someone with it (unless they are already damaged or a headshot). It's a level 10 weapon and almost every other Medic weapon is better.

Yeah it's shame as it's a really nice weapon, but can't justify using it when all other medic weapons are just as powerful or have more ammo.

I loaded into War Pigeons and there weren't enough players, but it let me move around, skirmish and kill players while we waited. Was that in before? I guess I never loaded into an incompletely filled War Pigeons game until now actually lol.

terrible

Banned
Honestly those LMG buffs aren't enough, instead the only competitive LMG (Bar) has the potential to actually be worse now than it was before. Standing spread is better but now there's quite a bit more side to side recoil (the worst kind of recoil) and moving spread has increased. What are they doing? I will need to try in-game to see how these numbers translate to weapon "feel" but on the surface it seems really stupid. They keep trying to push Support into a completely defensive role but in practice that's useless since you'll always be forced into a lot of close range gun battles if you play objectives.

DICE once again nerfing based on usage data alone.

So can someone with a better understanding of the numbers give me a rundown on where this leaves the LMGs? What ones are still worthwhile, if anything?

So can someone with a better understanding of the numbers give me a rundown on where this leaves the LMGs? What ones are still worthwhile, if anything?

Pretty much they made them better when you're not moving. The BAR is still probably going to be the best one since it has the highest dps.

Theorry

Less spread really. BAR got abit nerfed recoil wise. But not much. But overall LMG's should work better.

--

Ali Hassoon ‏@Striterax_
We have temporarily disabled Rent a Server until we are done patching. Soon you can rent your own server.

Jezbollah

Well, I just launched into a quick game to see how the patch was, and got a nice bug where I couldnt look up or down. OG Doom is back, folks.

Hope that's a one off because its unplayable.

terrible

Banned
Nah I was assault trying to put down some dynamite. Switched to all other weapons and it didnt make a difference (PC, btw).

I had that recently and I couldn't even pause to hit redeploy. Eventually someone killed me and when I respawned it was fine.

terrible

Banned
Honestly they just need to get rid of that stupid having to fire 5-6 bullets before reaching minimum spread mechanic and LMGs would be fine. Let people tap fire with them. Their poor TTK is what would balance them. Having an already bad TTK and then making it so you can't hit a target at medium range until you fire 5-6 bullets is insanity.

I think they should've left the MoveMin values for the BAR and Madsen unchanged; those are small magazine weapons that are meant to be used on the move.

Neither gun needed a nerf. They were widely used not because they were OP but because no other LMG was worth using if you have an aggressive playstyle.

terrible

Banned
They fixed SPM and KPM calculations on their website. Before it was counting the entire round time even if you joined part way through the match. Most people should now see a nice boost to both of those stats if you check your profile.

Honestly they just need to get rid of that stupid having to fire 5-6 bullets before reaching minimum spread mechanic and LMGs would be fine. Let people tap fire with them. Their poor TTK is what would balance them. Having an already bad TTK and then making it so you can't hit a target at medium range until you fire 5-6 bullets is insanity.
Yup. Support is my favorite class usually in a Battlefield game, and I don't play much Support any more because the LMG's in this game are so bad, due to the mechanic you mentioned.

terrible

Banned
Yup. Support is my favorite class usually in a Battlefield game, and I don't play much Support any more because the LMG's in this game are so bad, due to the mechanic you mentioned.

The best part of all of that is they also added weapon overheating lol. So they want you to go full auto in order to be able to fire accurately but then they penalize you for going full auto by making it so that you have to stop firing or you'll overheat. Ok DICE.

I'm really salty.

Top Bottom