• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Striker

I play alone but would love to play with people who know what they're doing/actually try to cap and defend flags or telegraphs. I play mostly Conquest but open to Operation and Rush too. Rush on Argonne Forest is turrible.

PSN: Striker2Nine

I play alone but would love to play with people who know what they're doing/actually try to cap and defend flags or telegraphs. I play mostly Conquest but open to Operation and Rush too. Rush on Argonne Forest is turrible.

I will add you when I get back. Or add me. Psn same as my gaf name. Feel free to invite me or join my party if you see me playing which I tend to play a few times a week.

Feel free to add me on PSN, as well (JackScofield). Similar to what iRAWRasaurus said, go ahead and shoot me an invite whenever you want. I play by myself 99% of the time so I don't mind leaving mid-match in order to join a party. I might not talk a lot, but I'll play the objective at least. :)

Redders

Played front lines with a mate and my brother last night and either we had some supreme luck with repeatedly getting decentish teammates or there was no balancing going on. Managed to win 16 games in a row with most being about 7 minutes and a couple at 20 before calling it a night.

Main thing though finally made 100 seeing the XP drop back to 500k is nice.

Edit. Can add me on PS4 if you want, Redders25

Looking forward to getting back into this. I've had a few Domination games just to unlock the new Medic rifle quickly and it's pretty decent.

Need to get a party together though, hopefully the rest of the PS4 group comes back.

sleepnaught

How easy is it to get in an Operations game on XB1? I'm tired of the near dead PC playerbase, every operation game I join is either empty or near empty. Takes at least 15 minutes of joining/quitting before I can find a server with players. Debating just playing MP games on consoles going forward.

How easy is it to get in an Operations game on XB1? I'm tired of the near dead PC playerbase, every operation game I join is either empty or near empty. Takes at least 15 minutes of joining/quitting before I can find a server with players. Debating just playing MP games on consoles going forward.
Players wise, there are about 2x more players on xbone. Even tho I am on PS4, I am able to find a 40 player operations match really fast. But I have issues finding 40 player operations at midnight to early morning, which of course make sense. Located in Eastern USA. That might give you some kind of idea.

WillyFive

You'll have to use Matchmaking to find an Operations match on PC instead of going through the Operations section under Multiplayer, otherwise you'll only find empty servers. Unfortunately, the only Operation matches alive on PC seem to be the broken 64 player ones.

DICE needs to drop 64 player Operations. People instinctively will always select 64 players over 40 because it's a bigger number; without realizing that Operations is terribly unbalanced and badly designed for 64 players.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DICE needs to drop 64 player.

You could've stopped right there.

People instinctively will always select 64 players over 40 because it's a bigger number; without realizing that Operations is terribly unbalanced and badly designed for 64 players.

But you're right all the same.

Nizz

Well I just broke my fucking controller thanks to this game. Fucking game has been lagging like crazy lately. Emptying clips into people only for them to take me out with seemingly one shot. People teleporting all over the place.

I don't think I've ever loved/hated a game so much like I do this one. When everything is going well I have some of the best times I've had in an FPS in a long time. But lots of things have been pissing me off with this game lately.

I ended up buying the season pass being excited for new maps. But since getting the pass I've had a hard time finding Rush matches on the new maps. Then the lag/teleporting that I've mentioned and feeling like I'm a second behind everyone. this has been going for some days and it came to a head today and I lost it....

Now I wait till Tuesday for a new DS4...

Well I just broke my fucking controller thanks to this game. Fucking game has been lagging like crazy lately. Emptying clips into people only for them to take me out with seemingly one shot. People teleporting all over the place.

I don't think I've ever loved/hated a game so much like I do this one. When everything is going well I have some of the best times I've had in an FPS in a long time. But lots of things have been pissing me off with this game lately.

I ended up buying the season pass being excited for new maps. But since getting the pass I've had a hard time finding Rush matches on the new maps. Then the lag/teleporting that I've mentioned and feeling like I'm a second behind everyone. this has been going for some days and it came to a head today and I lost it....

Now I wait till Tuesday for a new DS4...
Did you do an ol fashioned hulk controller smash?

Meccs

Just played a round of BF4 again and now I appreciate BF1's minimap even more. Not having to stare at the minimap all the time and relying on your awareness and sound cues is so much more fun and realistic. I always hated that you engage almost anyone based on a stupid icon on your map.

WillyFive

Just played a round of BF4 again and now I appreciate BF1's minimap even more. Not having to stare at the minimap all the time and relying on your awareness and sound cues is so much more fun and realistic. I always hated that you engage almost anyone based on a stupid icon on your map.

That's among the things I missed the most about BF4. I liked pointing at an enemy and hitting Q to mark it on the map so that my team could know where it is. The one in BF1 is so useless and inconsistent it's a wonder why it's even there.

That's among the things I missed the most about BF4. I liked pointing at an enemy and hitting Q to mark it on the map so that my team could know where it is. The one in BF1 is so useless and inconsistent it's a wonder why it's even there.

I spot everything, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't doing it for (partly) selfish reasons. It makes it much easier to keep a bead on enemies. Sometimes I just spray bullets into the area underneath a spot icon.

I also spot everything, especially when I'm not engaging enemies, and I end up getting a lot of spot assists. It annoys me when people don't spot. It takes like a second, and it's so much easier to rack up kills when enemies are spotted.

Just recently started playing some matches again a few weeks ago. For the first time since launch, I saw a team win the entire Oil of Empires operation. Was a nice bonus being on the attacking team for it too!

Just recently started playing some matches again a few weeks ago. For the first time since launch, I saw a team win the entire Oil of Empires operation. Was a nice bonus being on the attacking team for it too!

Attacking or defending, I've never seen the attacking team get through the canyon on the second map. Turns into a slaughter as the attacking team loses tons of respawns pretty quickly.

If Dice were really so concerned about curbing grenade spam, why the hell does the Aries dog tag require getting 25 kills with grenades? Just kinda encourages it, no? And we still can't track zodiac tag progress.

And is the new tank bugged or did the original real life St Chamond actually use jelly as suspension and it's actually very accurate?

I'm still having fun with the game though. Is there a schedule for the other DLC releases?

If Dice were really so concerned about curbing grenade spam, why the hell does the Aries dog tag require getting 25 kills with grenades? Just kinda encourages it, no? And we still can't track zodiac tag progress.

And is the new tank bugged or did the original real life St Chamond actually use jelly as suspension and it's actually very accurate?

I'm still having fun with the game though. Is there a schedule for the other DLC releases?
Besides summer for the Russians, fall for 3rd dlc, and winter for 4th DLC, I dont know of any.

And last call of OT suggestions. I was thinking "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Besides summer for the Russians, fall for 3rd dlc, and winter for 4th DLC, I dont know of any.

And last call of OT suggestions. I was thinking "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

I like it. Good reference.

----

Does anybody have any fun/unique loadouts I could try? I hit rank 10 on all classes last week so I just want to mess around a bit. I'll still attempt the weekly medals, but I don't really feel like grinding the classes up to 50 and just let them come naturally.

Battlefest week 2 is happening this week. Anybody get the PTFO skin yet? I've been playing on the DLC maps and have gotten over 25 kills. Haven't gotten it yet.

Battlefest week 2 is happening this week. Anybody get the PTFO skin yet? I've been playing on the DLC maps and have gotten over 25 kills. Haven't gotten it yet.

Think you get the skin and dog tag at the end of the week if you meet the requirements. All other zodiac tags work that way, not when you actually complete the challenge.

I thought I remembered Dice saying they were implementing getting scrap as a reward for being one of the 5 featured players in a round, but I only get scrap for the first round and first win of the day.

Really hope they offer puzzle pieces to buy with scrap and not just skins and boosts.

Think you get the skin and dog tag at the end of the week if you meet the requirements. All other zodiac tags work that way, not when you actually complete the challenge.

I thought I remembered Dice saying they were implementing getting scrap as a reward for being one of the 5 featured players in a round, but I only get scrap for the first round and first win of the day.

Really hope they offer puzzle pieces to buy with scrap and not just skins and boosts.

Ah gotcha. Thanks.

I've gotten scraps for getting highlighted for the first time in a day. Not sure for subsequent ones though. Sometimes I miss it too, and I get shocked when my scraps go up by a couple hundred.

Top Bottom