• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

just got the martini infantry finally and kinda disappointed

i thought its gimmick was a giant sweet spot with a long reload and a single bullet but instead it's just a slightly larger sweet spot with an average reload :/

why can't the 300 kills be with the russian trench instead, that gun is a blast to use

EYEL1NER

I hate when field or flak guns glitch out and can't be repaired. I know it is possible to do it, because I've done it in the past. I've had some though, mainly on Sinai over at Flag G, that are always destroyed and can never be repaired. Sure makes it fun when the enemy team has great flying aces on their side when the repair tool can't fix the flak guns.

EDIT: Just happened again on Sinai, unable to repair any of the stationary guns. The planes ran roughshod over my team for a while until some good people finally got into the planes.
Btw: What do the boxed numbers on the End of Round scoreboard mean? Right after your number rank for your team but before your name, there's a little white box with a number in it?

just got the martini infantry finally and kinda disappointed

i thought its gimmick was a giant sweet spot with a long reload and a single bullet but instead it's just a slightly larger sweet spot with an average reload :/

why can't the 300 kills be with the russian trench instead, that gun is a blast to use
I think it was nerfed.

Olengie

It got nerfed a while ago. Straight one hit kill but not anymore. I used to use it a lot cuz it was funand it was a Rank 10 gun. But I dont use it as much anymore

Alpende

The Camouflage specialization sounds good. IIRC in the previous BFs you'd not show up if you didn't move, I don't think that's the case with flares.

You would be crazy not to run flack, no more 1 hit kills from grenades, at grenades , rifle grenades, crossbow, c4, tank and planes splash damage.

Holy shit

They made all that garbage spam a support tool in 1 go. The way it should be.

You would be crazy not to run flack, no more 1 hit kills from grenades, at grenades , rifle grenades, crossbow, c4, tank and planes splash damage.

Holy shit

They made all that garbage spam a support tool in 1 go. The way it should be.

or camouflage if you're a camping type. I really don't like how the sniper decoy and smoke grenades alter the core gameplay so much though

also I hope at some point they bring some of the tanker/pilot unique primaries over to the main classes at some point

Probably gonna run flack, cover and camouflage 90% of the time.
Camouflage is gonna be really good for those moments when you're capping flag solo and flares are zooming past your head.

so idk if overwatch or operations spoiled me or what, I haven't liked rush that much since past bc2 but rush in this game kinda blows

also is it just me or does fucking nobody play medic anymore for some reason

WillyFive

so idk if overwatch or operations spoiled me or what, I haven't liked rush that much since past bc2 but rush in this game kinda blows

also is it just me or does fucking nobody play medic anymore for some reason

Medics don't have automatic futuristic guns like the other classes. Playing Medic is pretty much role playing as a WW1 soldier.

Man, Medics are my favorite class. I love their rifles, especially the Selblaster (sp?). I honestly don't know why they get so much hate, they're the most useful guns in my opinion. In fact, I wish I could use these rifles with other classes.

Turkoop

Banned
Man, Medics are my favorite class. I love their rifles, especially the Selblaster (sp?). I honestly don't know why they get so much hate, they're the most useful guns in my opinion. In fact, I wish I could use these rifles with other classes.

Selbstlader :p
Not 100% sure, but Dice wants to add more automatic rifles in medic class, this would be great. I am playing most of the time medic but sometimes it's getting really exhausting to play semi-automatic weapons. Especially on Amiens or Fort

Selbstlader :p
Not 100% sure, but Dice wants to add more automatic rifles in medic class, this would be great. I am playing most of the time medic but sometimes it's getting really exhausting to play semi-automatic weapons. Especially on Amiens or Fort

No thanks, I like how medics don't have reliance on automatics unlike 2 of the 4 classes in a WW1 game. If they wanted to add more guns with a slow fire rate to prevent fatigue like the RSC that'd be cool though.

But yes I see so many goddamn assaults even when tanks aren't a problem and it's like... your gadgets pale in comparison to medic for usefulness in non-vehicle segments but muh model 10a and hellriegel

Medics don't have automatic futuristic guns like the other classes. Playing Medic is pretty much role playing as a WW1 soldier.

Well there's the M1907 Sweeper, the Cei-Rigotti, and the upcoming Federov Avtomat, which can all fire automatically.

Also, most of the rifles in the Medic Class were experimental anyway and didn't see much use in the war, so Scout is more like role playing at a WW1 soldier if you use the infantry variant of rifle.

Scout infantry rifles are a blast but they kinda suck honestly especially if you're not participating in a zerg rush. You get one hit for ~80 damage and then they finish you off while you're putting a new round in. M1903 Experimental seems kinda garbage in damage per shot wise, Russian 1895 trench is the best Scout rifle for aggressive scout play and even then you're usually gonna get outgunned in 1v1 unless you see them before they see you.

Question, so I attempted to do the premium friends this weekend. I created the party, invited my friends and searched for a DLC game. Only I was able to join. Any ideas?

And is there any way to see or track if you have done the summer missions or whatever it's called?

edit: I see you can check at the bottom of "SOLDIER" tab. Damn, I didn't do StoneMountain64's mission.

Olengie

Well there's the M1907 Sweeper, the Cei-Rigotti, and the upcoming Federov Avtomat, which can all fire automatically.

Also, most of the rifles in the Medic Class were experimental anyway and didn't see much use in the war, so Scout is more like role playing at a WW1 soldier if you use the infantry variant of rifle.

The Sweeper is my go to Medic Gun when I just want to run and gun.

ThisOne

No way to edit a tanker or pilot loadout unless you're in a game and one of those vehicles is available, right?

whyyyyyyyyyyy

So, after grinding all week to complete some of the weekly medals, I learn that any completed progress towards a medal is wiped at the end of the week when they are reset. That's pretty stringent.

I assumed progress would be saved for the next time a medal was included in the weekly 5.

The whole medal system doesn't seem very helpful for promoting teamwork or PTFO. Why can't we select any medal and work at it in our own time?

I think I'll just forget about them for now.

the medal system is trash

i believe i have 0 medals

EYEL1NER

Question, so I attempted to do the premium friends this weekend. I created the party, invited my friends and searched for a DLC game. Only I was able to join. Any ideas?

And is there any way to see or track if you have done the summer missions or whatever it's called?

edit: I see you can check at the bottom of "SOLDIER" tab. Damn, I didn't do StoneMountain64's mission.
No clue on the Premium friends thing. I don't have any friends that play BF1 and haven't tried to find anyone with Premium to get me into a match (not earning anything while playing the new maps doesn't interest me; I'll get Premium eventually). As for the second thing, that you struck through, the Summer Missions don't track in the 'Community Mission' section at the bottom of the Soldier tab. From what I've read, they don't show up anywhere. I certainly haven't seen a status bar for them. You just gotta try to remember how many requirements you've completed.

I haven't been able to win a Rush map once today. I either spawn as a defender on any map but Amiens and can't switch because I just filled the teams up (in my experience, attackers usually win Rush, but that's just my own anecdote, I've got no stats to back it up), or it'll be Amiens and the defenders will hold B in the last point, that is in that long building.

EYEL1NER

Whoo! Just went 26-23 on a Rush match. Not too great on the deaths there, but it's my most kills yet in a match, and we won it too. That's my second Order of Charlemagne ribbon; one more and I'll be done with the summer mission and can go back to Conquest.

No clue on the Premium friends thing. I don't have any friends that play BF1 and haven't tried to find anyone with Premium to get me into a match (not earning anything while playing the new maps doesn't interest me; I'll get Premium eventually). As for the second thing, that you struck through, the Summer Missions don't track in the 'Community Mission' section at the bottom of the Soldier tab. From what I've read, they don't show up anywhere. I certainly haven't seen a status bar for them. You just gotta try to remember how many requirements you've completed.

I haven't been able to win a Rush map once today. I either spawn as a defender on any map but Amiens and can't switch because I just filled the teams up (in my experience, attackers usually win Rush, but that's just my own anecdote, I've got no stats to back it up), or it'll be Amiens and the defenders will hold B in the last point, that is in that long building.

Meh due to RL things, I wasn't able to look into the summer missions or play. However, I did do the first summer mission after looking into it. But nonetheless, I just realize it's too late to the second part of the summer missions aka the 3 rush matches. RIP

5taquitos

No way to edit a tanker or pilot loadout unless you're in a game and one of those vehicles is available, right?

whyyyyyyyyyyy
Isn't it amazing how Dice managed to actually regress on so many features between major releases?

It's actually impressive. All of their games ended up lacking some major feature (or often features) that were present in a previous iteration and have no reason to be taken out.

VariantX

Isn't it amazing how Dice managed to actually regress on so many features between major releases?

It's actually impressive. All of their games ended up lacking some major feature (or often features) that were present in a previous iteration and have no reason to be taken out.

Seriously, where the FUCK is the shooting range?? It was the simplest and best addition to BF4 over BF3. You actually want to have people learn how to be good with vehicles in a safe space instead of doing it in game and costing your team valuable air support because they're still trying to learn how to properly control aircraft. I also find it funny they're attempting to add some things back they took away from previous BF games (specializations to be specific) in the name of simplifying the game in the way they simplified their take on Battlefront.

Seriously, where the FUCK is the shooting range?? It was the simplest and best addition to BF4 over BF3. You actually want to have people learn how to be good with vehicles in a safe space instead of doing it in game and costing your team valuable air support because they're still trying to learn how to properly control aircraft. I also find it funny they're attempting to add some things back they took away from previous BF games (specializations to be specific) in the name of simplifying the game in the way they simplified their take on Battlefront.

They probably listen to all the feedback all the time. Thats my problem with them, they cant seem to take any decision without feedback. Like for example, people probably said after BF4 that it was too intimidating to play compared to COD, so Dice listened. So they strip the game thinking this is what people want, when all it does is piss off your fanbase for then not having enough.

EYEL1NER

Meh due to RL things, I wasn't able to look into the summer missions or play. However, I did do the first summer mission after looking into it. But nonetheless, I just realize it's too late to the second part of the summer missions aka the 3 rush matches. RIP
The second part, Defend the Frontlines (Win three games of Rush), just started on the 5th and lasts until the 13th. There's still time.

They probably listen to all the feedback all the time. Thats my problem with them, they cant seem to take any decision without feedback. Like for example, people probably said after BF4 that it was too intimidating to play compared to COD, so Dice listened. So they strip the game thinking this is what people want, when all it does is piss off your fanbase for then not having enough.
The shooting range has nothing to do with being a cod clone or not? I agree it not being there along with air superiority almost a year out is garbage though.

EYEL1NER

So doing what exactly makes the class rank climb? I ask because I was low level 1 with Medic and Scout when I started playing tonight. I decided to knock out the "Play X class for 10 minutes" Tour of Duty medal for some quick XP. I played as the Medic and was getting some phenomenal kills with the M1907 SL Sweeper on Auto, kills where the enemy had the drop on me at medium range and I still put them down or double kills from enemies rushing a door and that kind of stuff. So after finishing the 10 minutes as Support and as a Scout, I went back to Medic. During that ten minutes as a Scout, I popped flares for my team and got a small amount of kills, yet my bar was driven up something like half way. Over almost three Conquest matches as a Medic, with a ton of rifle, Incendiary grenade, and frag launcher grenades kills, and a whole lot of healing with my med crates, my bar as a Medic barely went up half as much as the Scout bar did.
Kind of frustrating.

The shooting range has nothing to do with being a cod clone or not? I agree it not being there along with air superiority almost a year out is garbage though.

Shooting range no, the game features in game being stripped out? I mean everything was dumbed down to the battle packs to the unlocks. Literally every part of the game that had a lot of dept was taken away.

Shooting range no, the game features in game being stripped out? I mean everything was dumbed down to the battle packs to the unlocks. Literally every part of the game that had a lot of dept was taken away.
Are you trying to say that the battle packs not having randomized gameplay unlocks after 330 kills with a weapon is a bad thing lol

terrible

Banned
They lowered the skill floor noticeably in BF1 compared to BF4 and BF3 but there's still more depth to the gameplay than there is in CoD. Not really even close either imo. Not having a shooting range is just DICE being DICE, it's not because they thought it would be too complicated for players or anything lol.

LORANT92

Because youtubers are generally garbage and they spread around the mentality that 5 round SLRs are not worth using when they clearly are
3h8Cijd.png

LORANT92

So doing what exactly makes the class rank climb? *snip*

Everything. Capturing flags, destroying vehicles, doing damage, resupplying/healing/reviving etc.

Different classes have different amounts of XP needed per level. Scout for example is 30k a level, Assault is 50k...

So is the premium pass worth it at this point or is it a sliced up no mans land of sparse games on those maps?

There are plenty of servers running the new maps and I usually have no trouble playing Operations or Rush. I'd rather play the base maps though as both of them are ridiculous meat grinders in the former and the only good Rush map amongst them is Nivelle Nights and it's not worth potentially playing on Tahure. Frontlines is great but again, the possibility of playing on Soissons is enough for me to stick to the base maps in that mode as well.

EYEL1NER

I just had a pretty odd glitch. Conquest on Sinai: Some people are trying to cap G, out in the middle of nowhere, so I decide to go assist. I hop in a vehicle and start bouncing my way over the sand dunes towards it. About half way across, the vehicle disappears (I had been in this thing for a while too) and I'm left running forward firing a shot from holding the throttle. Weird.
Everything. Capturing flags, destroying vehicles, doing damage, resupplying/healing/reviving etc.

Different classes have different amounts of XP needed per level. Scout for example is 30k a level, Assault is 50k...
Hmm, I didn't know there was different amounts between the classes needed per level. I did wonder if maybe doing things that that class was supposed to do did more for the progress bar, like a medic doing a bunch of healing or something. Turns out I could have been doing anything.

I did finally hit Lvl 2 with Medic earlier though, and just got Lvl 2 with Scout. I've decided I do like Medic, so I'll rotate it in with Assault and Support every now and then.

LORANT92

Hmm, I didn't know there was different amounts between the classes needed per level. I did wonder if maybe doing things that that class was supposed to do did more for the progress bar, like a medic doing a bunch of healing or something. Turns out I could have been doing anything.

I did finally hit Lvl 2 with Medic earlier though, and just got Lvl 2 with Scout. I've decided I do like Medic, so I'll rotate it in with Assault and Support every now and then.

Medic is both easy to level and a hell of a force multiplier. Some tips:
-use the health pouch instead of the crate
-1907 Factory > Sweeper
-Model 8 .35 Marksman > everything

Autoloading 8.whatevrr is a beast but I prefer the extended just so I'm not reloading as often. I'm using the seltbsblaster now for the 300 kills and I love the reload animation and how it reloads faster if you empty the chamber, but it does seem to have a bit of a high killtime considering it only has 5 rounds in it. My favorite medic rifle is the mondragon storm, and SL sweeper for cqc. And yes I know the factory is better but having an automatic is nice.

I've also come around to the madsen MG for support but the damn vertical magazine...

Probably because the random bullet deviation that is built into rifles is really bad with weapons that are supposed to be accurate.

Striker

I got both the Cei Rigotti Opt and Auto 8 Extended up to near 7 stars. Most consistent guns for me.

C96 or Auto Revolver for the sidearms.

Klocker

There are plenty of servers running the new maps and I usually have no trouble playing Operations or Rush. I'd rather play the base maps though as both of them are ridiculous meat grinders in the former and the only good Rush map amongst them is Nivelle Nights and it's not worth potentially playing on Tahure. Frontlines is great but again, the possibility of playing on Soissons is enough for me to stick to the base maps in that mode as well.

Thanks for the feedback

Top Bottom