• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Got my A Beginning dog tag. Now I gotta wait for those crazy people that figure this stuff out to tear apart They Shall Not Pass.

The message is: S##E###H# U#S#5#5##SBE##E##L## ######

Previous messages:

E E E ##5I ###5S5S SI#E#E## ## HS55E<AS>#<AR>### S#L## #SNC#FI#II#ASS#
## V###E###LSHH <AS>#F### S# B#H# #5 ID##5LI#T ##II
#########HI##I5H##E## HII#5I# #H S#######H#
### #S##E#6
H###S###S ### 5E5 S S EHE EIHI ES E E I E #I##I###
########E############<AS>H#

:/

I've got no idea how people do this. Anybody want to take a stab? http://vocaroo.com/i/s07B4Rxc9ETp

Did the PS4 Pro get a small graphics boost in the last update? Played for about 2 hours tonight and could swear that every map looked that little bit sharper and clearer.

(1080p downsampled btw)

Striker

Even in the update, people still seem to love to quick to respawn despite me telling them I'm on my way. A few feet away in most cases.

OK how in the ever loving fuck am I supposed to get 5 kills with bladed weapons and then 5 kills with blunt weapons

Smoke grenades and a med pack can only do so much, I've gotta be point blank and land 3 hits lmao

Acinixys

OK how in the ever loving fuck am I supposed to get 5 kills with bladed weapons and then 5 kills with blunt weapons

Smoke grenades and a med pack can only do so much, I've gotta be point blank and land 3 hits lmao

Some of the quests are super dumb

Like get 5 kills with revolvers in a single life.

Even if you camp with the No. 3 in TDM all these kids with Hunters and Automaticos will still wreck you

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shoveltown (code name for the new map) is the best map since Amiens/launch.

DICE-LA really should do more city maps. It helps counter the horrible vehicle sandbox balance they have going on.

ThisOne

The medal system is so stupid. This is one reason why.

WillyFive

Shoveltown (code name for the new map) is the best map since Amiens/launch.

DICE-LA really should do more city maps. It helps counter the horrible vehicle sandbox balance they have going on.

Battlefield is a vehicle sandbox game though, that's like the point of the franchise, doing more than just infantry combat.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really like how dark stretches of Shoveltown look.

That medal wasn't too bad since you don't have to get the kills in one life. You have to shoot at the person a couple of times first and then melee. Never try to kill someone with 3 melee hits because they'll start shooting way before you finish them off. Flanking and melee-ing from behind works too.

The bladed part is also pretty easy if you use the cavalry class because the cavalry sword does one-hit kills.

That medal wasn't too bad since you don't have to get the kills in one life. You have to shoot at the person a couple of times first and then melee. Never try to kill someone with 3 melee hits because they'll start shooting way before you finish them off. Flanking and melee-ing from behind works too.

The bladed part is also pretty easy if you use the cavalry class because the cavalry sword does one-hit kills.
Oh shit didn't realize I could use the cavalry sword

What about the blunt weapons,what weapon should I use to start shooting at them and what class?

Oh shit didn't realize I could use the cavalry sword

What about the blunt weapons,what weapon should I use to start shooting at them and what class?

I had the most success as medic and scout. I'm pretty aggressive about the objective so I end up being up close to enemies even though these classes are technically meant for medium/long range encounters. One body shot from a scout rifle usually deals enough damage for the melee hit to finish off the enemy. Oh, and I should probably say that when I got this medal, I usually died immediately after getting the melee kill using this strategy.

The best method is still probably flanking and backstabbing people cause you don't have to worry about damaging them first. Prone enemies are one-hit melee kills too, but I get those kills by flanking as well.

fuck this shitty map voting system, I just wanna play CQ on Rupture and Soissons but every Metro 64 neanderthal keeps voting for Fort or Verdun

and of course thanks to the server browser every game I do enter on those maps puts me with a game where the enemy team has like 950 tickets

also one more bitch while I'm at it, it's nice that you can swing the saber on both sides for cavalry now but controlling it with the camera is annoying, wish right swing was on R2 and left swing on L2

wait no nevermind I forgot I had one more bitch; if you lock your squad you're a bad person, especially if there's an xp boost going

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battlefield is a vehicle sandbox game though, that's like the point of the franchise, doing more than just infantry combat.

Yes, but given how fucking awful the anti-vehicle options are in this outing, I'd rather they give up on big-vehicle battles and just do infantry maps.

It's telling how I have 20x more fun on Amens and this map putting mines down and going into buildings to set-up tank-ambushes than trying to run across open desert/forest/etc. to lob grenades or place (disappearing on death, FIX THIS SHIT DICE-LA) mines and having to "go prone" for the rocket-gun only to die 99% of the time to a tank that is NO WHERE NEAR THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

Once they fix the vehicle sandbox (hahahahahahaha, given the state they're doing bullshit fixing the "grenade balance" instead of this broken since beta shit for CTE) they can then worry about more open maps.

Hopefully given how horrible the vehicle sandbox is this outing, the next Battlefield will consider it and then Rush, Sabotage, Conquest, TDM, the maps, the vehicle-gameplay... will be perfect.

But I doubt it. :(

terrible

Banned
fuck this shitty map voting system, I just wanna play CQ on Rupture and Soissons but every Metro 64 neanderthal keeps voting for Fort or Verdun

and of course thanks to the server browser every game I do enter on those maps puts me with a game where the enemy team has like 950 tickets

also one more bitch while I'm at it, it's nice that you can swing the saber on both sides for cavalry now but controlling it with the camera is annoying, wish right swing was on R2 and left swing on L2

wait no nevermind I forgot I had one more bitch; if you lock your squad you're a bad person, especially if there's an xp boost going

The map voting truly is awful. Everyone has awful taste. Yeah lets play the same two shitty maps over and over again. Fun.

The map voting truly is awful. Everyone has awful taste. Yeah lets play the same two shitty maps over and over again. Fun.

Yeah it's terrible, how new is it? Have they mentioned altering it or removing it at all?

And I don't mind the vehicle/infantry dynamic in this game too much if I'm being honest, my beef is instead of spawning the specific vehicles they let you choose which ones you want and of course nobody ever goes the worse ones, why would they?

terrible

Banned
I guess I should mention this. Everyone should have stick aiming acceleration on 0 in the advanced control settings on console. This was added in the latest patch and it makes the game feel pretty close to Battlefield 4, ie way more responsive. You'll likely have to turn your in-game sensitivity down after you do that. Anything other than 0 for acceleration is a huge mistake.

ThisOne

I guess I should mention this. Everyone should have stick aiming acceleration on 0 in the advanced control settings on console. This was added in the latest patch and it makes the game feel pretty close to Battlefield 4, ie way more responsive. You'll likely have to turn your in-game sensitivity down after you do that. Anything other than 0 for acceleration is a huge mistake.

It's a good addition to console settings. Still waiting for that native L1/L2 and R1/R2 swap though...

Thanks, I prob wouldn't have noticed since I don't go into the settings that often. I will check it out.

WillyFive

Yes, but given how fucking awful the anti-vehicle options are in this outing, I'd rather they give up on big-vehicle battles and just do infantry maps.

It's telling how I have 20x more fun on Amens and this map putting mines down and going into buildings to set-up tank-ambushes than trying to run across open desert/forest/etc. to lob grenades or place (disappearing on death, FIX THIS SHIT DICE-LA) mines and having to "go prone" for the rocket-gun only to die 99% of the time to a tank that is NO WHERE NEAR THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

Once they fix the vehicle sandbox (hahahahahahaha, given the state they're doing bullshit fixing the "grenade balance" instead of this broken since beta shit for CTE) they can then worry about more open maps.

Hopefully given how horrible the vehicle sandbox is this outing, the next Battlefield will consider it and then Rush, Sabotage, Conquest, TDM, the maps, the vehicle-gameplay... will be perfect.

But I doubt it. :(

I disagree immensely. The vehicle gameplay is really the only part of the game that it truly excels at; and usually the only part of the game where I have fun. Anytime the map rotation or voting ends up heading towards a place like Amiens or Argonne, I just Alt+F4 and play something else.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to find a west coast TSNP server. If I manage to find one then it will be empty.
What game mode? And I notice the same for eastern servers for operations mode since the spring update. No idea if the spring update messed something up or not.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Did the PS4 Pro get a small graphics boost in the last update? Played for about 2 hours tonight and could swear that every map looked that little bit sharper and clearer.

(1080p downsampled btw)

They changed the fonts I know that. The UI and menus look way sharper now.

Donos

Played the "only rifles" custom mode for a round and lol when people rather run around with pistols all time, killing better than with the rifles (because of the higher firerate).
Don't know how you could fix this except giving everybody some slow shooting revolver or something like that.

Played the "only rifles" custom mode for a round and lol when people rather run around with pistols all time, killing better than with the rifles (because of the higher firerate).
Don't know how you could fix this except giving everybody some slow shooting revolver or something like that.

That's kind of sad, the carbine/infantry variants of the scout rifles are actually fun to use.

The message is: S##E###H# U#S#5#5##SBE##E##L## ######

Previous messages:

E E E ##5I ###5S5S SI#E#E## ## HS55E<AS>#<AR>### S#L## #SNC#FI#II#ASS#
## V###E###LSHH <AS>#F### S# B#H# #5 ID##5LI#T ##II
#########HI##I5H##E## HII#5I# #H S#######H#
### #S##E#6
H###S###S ### 5E5 S S EHE EIHI ES E E I E #I##I###
########E############<AS>H#

:/

I've got no idea how people do this. Anybody want to take a stab? http://vocaroo.com/i/s07B4Rxc9ETp

Sorry man didn't check this thread all weekend. I'll take look when I'm not at work. Also which step are you on? That will determine the cipher used.

This is the site I used

I'm pretty sure you can disable handguns too.

Also I feel like hitting someone with 2 bolt action shots would still be a faster ttk than handhuns, although if you miss yeah you're screwed. Could also try hitting someone with a rifle and then switching to melee or a handgun to finish it.

Donos

Oh, no handguns would be nice. But nontheless i think i won't be a fan of that mode on PS4.

On PC i would probable love it. The countless days i have spent on AWP/Scout maps in CS 0.X/1.X back then...

What game mode? And I notice the same for eastern servers for operations mode since the spring update. No idea if the spring update messed something up or not.

oh I should have mentioned Conquest. I almost exclusively use the server browser, so of course I was missing the link right on the front page for TSNP CQ quickmatch. But it always throws me into an empty US West server. The servers that are on my favorites list are actually East coast servers since they seem to be the only ones populated. My latency is about 75-95ms, where as on West servers it's about 25. I still seem to do fine, though.

sovvN78.jpg

WillyFive

Are we ever getting the CTE on PS4? I'm DYING to play the new maps :(

The point of the CTE is to add new stuff for people to test pretty much immediately after they are playable; which is fundamentally incompatible with consoles because every update has to go through a long cert process.

CTE was able to be done on Xbox for BF4, but only through the Xbox Insider Program.

Mahonay

Banned
Wish they gave out some some more free maps for my friends who dont hve Premium. :(
They do have the Premium Party system back that they were testing during Battlefest. If someone in the party you're playing with has Premium, everyone can play the maps. Bummer part is that they receive no XP whatsoever, although it is banked and you will retroactively get that XP if you eventually get the DLC yourself.

I disagree immensely. The vehicle gameplay is really the only part of the game that it truly excels at; and usually the only part of the game where I have fun. Anytime the map rotation or voting ends up heading towards a place like Amiens or Argonne, I just Alt+F4 and play something else.

I usually don't love infantry maps in Battlefield too much either (although sometimes it can go too far in the other direction like Golmud Railway or that BFBC2 map with the windmills) but Amiens is fantastic imo.

The chokepoints aren't all meatgrinders like some Battlefield/new Battlefront maps, there's still some vehicle/anti-vehicle gameplay, there's plenty of different paths and alleys to go down and it's beautiful and feels really like you're in a massive war in a city.

Also how can I tell when my AT mines and tripwires are destroyed so I can re-deploy them?

Their urban maps are the best across the series I think. Like Shanghai in Battlefield 4, Amiens in this one. If it's an open map I usually stick to the urban centers anyway like those close A and B flags on Golmud Railway or C on Sinai. It's more fun destroying buildings and fighting in the rubble.

Their urban maps are the best across the series I think. Like Shanghai in Battlefield 4, Amiens in this one. If it's an open map I usually stick to the urban centers anyway like those close A and B flags on Golmud Railway or C on Sinai. It's more fun destroying buildings and fighting in the rubble.

Zavod 311 was the best map in vanilla BF4 by a large margin imo.

Dawnbreaker wasn't very good and Shanghai was just above average.

Heysoos

Does this game have no concept of backfill? The two games I've played today my team is constantly 8-10 players down while the enemy team is at a full 32 for the whole match.

WillyFive

Does this game have no concept of backfill? The two games I've played today my team is constantly 8-10 players down while the enemy team is at a full 32 for the whole match.

DICE has the worst and most outdated and primitive Matchmaking systems in the industry.

Also how can I tell when my AT mines and tripwires are destroyed so I can re-deploy them?

There are explosives icons on the minimap. So you can kind of check to see if there are still any by where you laid the mines.

There aren't any better ways, unfortunately.

Olengie

They do have the Premium Party system back that they were testing during Battlefest. If someone in the party you're playing with has Premium, everyone can play the maps. Bummer part is that they receive no XP whatsoever, although it is banked and you will retroactively get that XP if you eventually get the DLC yourself.

My friends dont want to play with me when they get no XP lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Siege of Shanghai is legit one of my favourite Battlefield series maps full stop. I feel it's borderline perfect, in particular accentuating Battlefield 4's game design and the open-yet-urban playspace. I love it so much.

Has anyone rented a server?

Im wondering if its worth it right now? I saw information on the net but its all dated 2016. is there any up to date info ont he server rental stuff?

They really need to nerf the attack plane tailguns.

Whoops, forgot to reply. I'm actually still on the first step, with the headphones.

I think your problem is the recording has a high amount of background static and the dits and dahs aren't coming through at least when I listen to it. I just hear the clicking of the machine and no tones. What's your recording setup? I'm on PS4 so I just used the built-in capture to get my footage, then converted the mp4 to audio with VLC. It would also help if you got a longer recording. I usually captured around 2 to 3 minutes to make sure I got a couple passes of the message in case it got garbled. The recommended frequency for most people is 800 to 810. The different charts on that site will show you the dits and dahs and you can adjust the volume that it's looking for to filter out the hopefully lower volume background noise. I'd say you might need a new recording.

Some other helpful notes are KingSgaming on Youtube has videos of the headphone locations on most maps. Much better than the screenshots because you don't have a map available. This dude's video has all the symbol locations on every map. Also once you find a symbol you can leave and find another pair of headphones/MCOM on any map. Useful because some headphone locations are unknown for certain maps. I just found an empty Amiens map with the server browser and drove to all the locations because they are all known and easy to get to. My next step for you would be to get a new recording because I think that one is not going to work.

I think your problem is the recording has a high amount of background static and the dits and dahs aren't coming through at least when I listen to it. I just hear the clicking of the machine and no tones. What's your recording setup? I'm on PS4 so I just used the built-in capture to get my footage, then converted the mp4 to audio with VLC. It would also help if you got a longer recording. I usually captured around 2 to 3 minutes to make sure I got a couple passes of the message in case it got garbled. The recommended frequency for most people is 800 to 810. The different charts on that site will show you the dits and dahs and you can adjust the volume that it's looking for to filter out the hopefully lower volume background noise. I'd say you might need a new recording.

Some other helpful notes are KingSgaming on Youtube has videos of the headphone locations on most maps. Much better than the screenshots because you don't have a map available. This dude's video has all the symbol locations on every map. Also once you find a symbol you can leave and find another pair of headphones/MCOM on any map. Useful because some headphone locations are unknown for certain maps. I just found an empty Amiens map with the server browser and drove to all the locations because they are all known and easy to get to. My next step for you would be to get a new recording because I think that one is not going to work.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the static. It happens on all of them.

I'm just recording them with Shadowplay.

Top Bottom