• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Premium includes 4 themed expansion packs with 16 maps and more

Ugh..this shit again. I absolutely hated how that split up the community with the past games. I could have sworn that I read they were not doing that with this game. Maybe I'm confusing it with another shooter (edit: I think it was titanfall)

Why are you guys surprised? Dice has been doing this type of 50 dollars season pass model since bf3 now. And to be fair they have been really good. The new upcoming death Star expansion for battlefront looks sick.

I am guessing most people would prefer a micro transactions system similar to what 343 did either halo. I am sure there would still be complaints from poster and some youtubers

From what I have heard Dice support for their DLC is great.

Angel_DvA

WTF with all those it's a good value type of comment... it's definitely not a good value at all, it's more expensive than the basic game lol... whatever.

EA still doesn't get it and are still splitting their community with map packs, They'll never learn.

web01

Premium is waste and not worth buying at all and I wish that wasn't the case.

Recently they have been making all expansions for BF4 / and Hardline FREE.
And guess what you can still not reliably find DLC servers. Many days I see no DLC map servers at all in asia / aus region or those running DLC are empty.
Vast majority of players still prefer to play base maps and usually many of these servers are 1 map only. Ugh.

Wish they had the courage to make al maps free and heavily monetise other content in its place.
But they are greedy and wont sacrifice money for the sake of improving the user experience.

wbEMX

Gemüsepizza;214828494 said:
Those maps are basically worthless, because people won't play them, they will stick to the vanilla maps.

What the fuck? I do not know where you played BF4, but on PC DLCs were and even still are quite populated. BF3 and BF4 were the few times where I didn't regret getting DLC maps for a multiplayer game.

So yeah, nothing new here. Typical GAF hyperbole about something that has been standard practise since 2011. Not to mention that Premium usually has a much better value proposition than other season passes out there.

Stiler

Yay, nothing more fun then fracturing your user base and ensuring that the "new maps" and the least played maps a year or two down the road.

Why not make all maps free and make the dlc stuff single player/costmetic items? People WILL PAY for those types of things , at the same time you keep making sure players are happy and coming back and enjoying new maps.

Pastry

Banned

And guess what you can still not reliably find DLC servers. Many days I see no DLC map servers at all in asia / aus region or those running DLC are empty.
Vast majority of players still prefer to play base maps and usually many of these servers are 1 map only. Ugh.

In the US it is easy to find PS4 servers with DLC map packs, unfortunate that it's so hard in other regions :/

In the past week I've played on servers for all of the different packs.

RoKKeR

Hmm.

Definitely feels more expensive now with many games taking alternative approaches towards list launch content, but BF3 and BF4 premium absolutely delivered, so I'll probably grab this whenever the first pack drops.

Wish they had the courage to make al maps free and heavily monetise other content in its place.
But they are greedy and wont sacrifice money for the sake of improving the user experience.

Yeah the DLC became free after 2 and a half years on the market. So yeah, premium isn't worth it if you're willing to wait for 2.5 years.

Also, I play on servers of all regions and have no problem finding the DLC maps. Lag is generally not a real issue.

5taquitos

I'm done with premium maps and season passes for competitive MP. Why should I buy map packs when no one is playing them a month later?

Supremely disappointed that they're not monetizing a different way and providing free maps.

goddammit I don't want 16 maps fracturing the fanbase. half of them are gonna be dead and/or worse than vanilla maps anyway. Do people really need 30 maps anyway. I rather have fewer, higher quality free maps. having paid maps is so ass backwards.

It would be much better if the handled the dlc and Premium like the R6 Siege season pass insted

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
I buy the base game then premium later if it's good - always end up buying it for Battlefield.
Usually my favorite maps tend to be in the base version though and don't like the community split either but for now that's their model.

More like this is a bad and outdated model and people think it's dumb that they are still hanging onto it.

all i see are people complaining about the new model and how those games should be free to play because of how they make their money instead of selling map packs.

and then i look at how great Premium was for BF3 and BF4 and it's an easy decision.

In for weapons. It's the main reason I get the premium for every Battlefield. I'm part of the problem, but it's good value to me.

Souzetsu

I'll just do what I did with BF3 and ,4 wait for the game to drop in price as bugs are removed, then wait for Premium to drop in price. I was able to get good deals for BF3, 4 and their respective Premium packs and had a lot of fun with them.

psyfi

Banned
After free content with Halo 5 and Overwatch, I really don't see myself plopping down fifty bucks for BF Premium again.

Last reason I needed to skip BF1. Paying for maps nowadays is the worst and Premium is just and awful deal for anyone who wants to wait for price drops or free DLC. It's the reason hardly anyone played on the DLC maps of BF3, BF4 and worst yet Hardline. There were some genuinely well made maps that completely went under the radar because many people didn't buy them.

I'll just stick with BF4. Surely its player base won't disappear after BF1's launch given they are two completely different time periods with different types of weapons.

Best wishes.

Battlefield 4 premium was worth it imo, Ill pick it up later down the line after we start getting new content previews for the expansions. I do wish they couldve figured out a way to do a paid/grind for points battle pack system, that allows for the maps to be free to everyone down the road like halo 5 did with req packs.

Yeah the DLC became free after 2 and a half years on the market. So yeah, premium isn't worth it if you're willing to wait for 2.5 years.

Also, I play on servers of all regions and have no problem finding the DLC maps. Lag is generally not a real issue.

Giving away BF4 premium for free or nearly free was a great plan. It shows how much you get for your money.

I'm not buying premium at launch, but I might get it later on if the game is really good. The biggest problem for me is that premium is crazy expensive. It's easy to find the game at a discount price somewhere, but premium (and season passes in general) almost never get a price cut until a long time after release.

I'm most likely going to buy this without any issue. The Premium pass on Battlefield 3 & 4 were great. The server browser was a great addition to the console versions of the game because I quickly found a server in both games that rotated through all of the maps in the Battlefield catalog. Thanks to that, I never really felt the user split.

I'm usually on the LIEUTENANT DAN hardcore PS4 server, which has been up and running since launch, if I'm remembering correctly.

Pastry

Banned
I'm most likely going to buy this without any issue. The Premium pass on Battlefield 3 & 4 were great. The server browser was a great addition to the console versions of the game because I quickly found a server in both games that rotated through all of the maps in the Battlefield catalog. Thanks to that, I never really felt the user split.

I'm usually on the LIEUTENANT DAN hardcore PS4 server, which has been up and running since launch, if I'm remembering correctly.

That's the name of that server!!! I played on it a while ago and lost track of it.

Moozo

Two map packs is the most a game should ever have before it starts diluting the user base too much. And not at £10 a pop.

I got banned from that server like 3 days ago for no reason.

I'm always at odds with this because the premium does provide a lot of content over the life of the game but it also segments the player base way too much to give it legs or to populate servers heavily. I wish they would price it a bit lower as a compromise so more people could potentially get it and the DLC population wouldn't be so sparse

Top Bottom