• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Thread(360)

Kingpen

I saw a comment on Gamefaqs about people being able to hide in shadows and they turn invisible. Is that the case with the retail version?

Can anyone comment how the Retail is vs. the Demo that everyone jumped all over (including me at one point)

They're down again.
Also, the game is exactly the same as the demo.
Same graphics, same buggy video, buggy audio, everything is exactly the same. Nothing changed.

TheDuce22

Banned
Its been working fine for a while now. The only issue I had with the brightness was the map that takes place at night. Everything else looked fine in HD. 24 players with no lag is awesome, I dont know how they did it.

Tiger

Banned
I played for a couple hours earlier. The only problem I experienced was communication with my team. Apparantly everyone could hear me, but I couldn't hear any of them.

It could be my router I guess, but I haven't had problems with any other online games in the past 6 months. So....

Otherwise, I definitely felt like the feel of the guns had improved over the demo. They feel more weighty, and the controller has nice feedback when you fire them. Things just feel right to me. I'd say it feels just like the wonderful PS2 version did.

Now if I can only sort out the voice issues, i'll be heaven with this game. I love how the game tracks all of your stats forever. Unlike GRAW where you have no idea what kind of career totals you've accumulated, this game tracks EVERYTHING. It also gives you cool stats which you can then view on a leaderboard, and it basically ranks everyone on their overall skill level.

The truth is, the clan support, stat tracking, and overall online presentation is everything GRAW should have had.

I'm getting back on in a few minutes.

Kingpen

Eh.... that headset issue was one of my MAJOR problems with the demo.. The guns not feeling like they had impact was the other for me though... I wonder if a patch can fix that?

Any lag???

HOLY SNAP!! I mentioned that I order this game from the EA store about a month ago because I got a $15 coupon from them it was shipped standard UPS and I didn't expect to see it until this weekend. Well guess what was on the front porch when I got home form the gym!! ;)

I've played a little of the single player to get used to the feel again, and have been online in a few games with my pals over at ZeroCommit.com. We had a blast!! No lag, alm,ost 24 players and it was a blast. There were some issues with the servers earlier and I had jumping into games of friends. But this seems to be the EA "Launch Day" curse for online games. They've been pretty good for the past few releases, and they got the severs up and steady pretty fast with BF2:MC. I haven't encountered any lag yet, but don't hold me to that. I got home late and have only played about half a dozen games online.

So far I'm happy with the purchase and will soon be selling off or trading in my XBox version (may just wait until GameRush has one of those awesome trade in deals again).

Be sure to check the options because you have some new tweaks and the best thing yet is that you can enable 'open mic' (if your game has the bandwidth to support and most should). So now you don't have to hold down the button to talk. I love it, no more pressure in a fire fight!

RIght now I've got more than enought XBox360 titles to keep me busy through the Q2 slump (i.e. Full Auto, The Outfit, Far Cry Instincts Predator, Burnour Revenge, Oblivion, etc.). The only thing I'm looking forward to next is Chrome Hounds....but I digress.

Don't listen to the lame reviews, this is a great multiplayer game, even better with friends. I The final version is better than the demo, but you can get a good gauge of the game from the demo. If you had the XBox version, is it worth getting the XBox360 version?! I certainly think so. Just for the graphics alone and the minor imporvements to the HUD and such. Is it a triple A title, no it's an enhanced port...but it is one hell of a good time. To each his own, spend your $60 however you choose. :p

Captain N

truffleshuffle83 said:
ill be on later. i looked at lauras boobs last night :lol

Make room on you friends list for your good buddy Tag. I need you to tell me how to get past this spot I'm stuck in.

Tiger

Banned
I truly hope that EA releases a patch for the voice bugs. This game relies on team communication SO much that it can nearly ruin the game if you can't talk to anyone.

I also hope they don't try and blame the glitches on people's routers as I have never had a single problem with any other 360 game online before this one. My router IS NOT the problem.

havnt had any voice problems yet....played a few online games last night

pick it up guys, it has clan support so we can get a GAF clan goin.....admittedly i suck so dont rely on me for much in this one

oh and captain N i cleared up a spot and tried to add you but your list is full WTF!!!! :lol

Tiger

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:

pick it up guys, it has clan support so we can get a GAF clan goin.....admittedly i suck so dont rely on me for much in this one

oh and captain N i cleared up a spot and tried to add you but your list is full WTF!!!! :lol
What kind of router do you have? Does you use it wirelessly?

dlink-----the expensive one. GRAW gives me voice problems once in awhile though so i dont know. i know the battlefield demo was terrible for voice problems so either they fixed it or mine just decided to work

Tiger

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
dlink-----the expensive one. GRAW gives me voice problems once in awhile though so i dont know. i know the battlefield demo was terrible for voice problems so either they fixed it or mine just decided to work
Now that I think about it, I think GRAW did have some problems with voice on occasion. I think it was more of a programming thing though.

I just wish EA could get this crap right. They obviously have something wrong here, and I hope they don't put their heads in the sand and ignore the customer who just shelled out $60 for their enhanced port, only now with new voice glitches.

I never had any of these voice problems with the PS2 version. :/

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So the game is only 'good' not 'great'? No one seems to be wowed by it. It'll be forgotten in a couple weeks I'm guessing.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'll be playing it online for a long, long time.

The single player is mostly forgettable, though I like some of the challenges. I wish the campaign had savepoints.

I started a GAFFER clan, if you want an invite let me know. I stink at the game right now, but it's an easy way to meet up with people for this game online without having to fill up your friends list necessarily, etc. Though I have a lot of you on it anyway.

DaCocoBrova said:
So the game is only 'good' not 'great'? No one seems to be wowed by it. It'll be forgotten in a couple weeks I'm guessing.

dont get me wrong the online experience is fun..its just im so used to the ghost recon series that this is very drastic difference. trust me it wont be forgotten in a couple months. the onine community for this is huge. itll be in the top 10 of live games played until the next iteration comes out. no its not AAA, no its not must have, but for the next 3-4 months theres not much coming out on the 360 front, so it would be a good pickup for anyone

SonnyBoy

truffleshuffle83 said:

Is it really that good? I played the demo and wasn't too enthused with the game but I have learned with GRAW how playing with good people can make any game better. I haven't really touched GRAW since people like myself have been in Oblivion all day long.

Tiger

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
I would absolutely call it great.

My ONLY issue with the game is this voice bug which seems to occur sometimes. If that is fixed I will have no complaints.

You really have to give this game a shot though. In many ways I just think it's a more involving experience compared to GRAW.

BFMC has 24 players online, GRAW has 16. BFMC has land, sea, and air vehicles that can be occupied by multiple people and transport players around the map for quick strikes, GRAW has none of this. BGMC has a true ranking system where you up your rank like the real military based on your time and playing abilities, GRAW has none of that. BGMC has lifetime stat tracking and even gives you an average PPH (points per hour) rating which basically tells people how good you are overall), GRAW does none of that. BFMC has full clan support, GRAW has none. BFMC has no waiting to get into matches. Players can join at any time during the match. GRAW does not allow this (as i'm sure you've all learned while wating for many matches to end).

The battles have the ability to feel more epic than they do in GRAW. If you really have a coordinated team playing together, you're able to pull off true war tactics, with the combination of foot soldiers, tanks, and air support working together. It's truly a beautiful thing when it's done well.

I'm not saying BFMC is waay better than GRAW, but it's easly a comparable option. It's just more over the top and exciting. Some people will prefer the slower and tactical pace of GRAW though. Then again, you can certainly play that way in BFMC, and in fact, thats how the best players will play it.

So, in thinking about the big picture here. If I could only keep one of the two games, i'm pretty sure i'd go with BFMC. It just offers more stuff that would keep me playing it for a longer time. That is if they fix the voice glitches.

nah ghost recon with vehicles would be weird. especially since its never had them. i guess i just feel the slow paced shooter better than BF, but i do love jumpin in a helo and raining down missiles onto the fools below

TheDuce22

Banned
Personally I couldnt get into the GRAW multiplayer and ill probably never touch the single player mode of Battlefield. They can happily coexist.

TheDuce22 said:
Personally I couldnt get into the GRAW multiplayer and ill probably never touch the single player mode of Battlefield. They can happily coexist.

couldnt get into GRAW multiplayer???? you must be..................clearly losing your mind :lol

nah im kidding..to each their own. BF just seems to have too much going on. i like it but ill definatly invest more hours in GRAW

Tiger said:
In some ways I agree, but there is no denying GRAW is missing a lot of things that BFMC offers.

Different games, like comparing apples and oranges. I think there is enough to BF2:MC to warrant check it out. I also feel strongly about the multiplayer to Far Cry - Instincts: Predator but to each his own. I'm playing BF2:MC with friends and having a blast! Tiger, we need to hook up!! Like someone mentioned above, I can see this easily being in the XBL top ten. The XBox demo and full retail verison was, and last week the XBox360 demo was in the top 5 (I think 2 or 3).

Don't listen to the lame reviews, the game play is solid!

FlyinJ said:
Pretty much any game with HDR lighting is too dark on my screen (30" Sony WEGA CRT). And my screen is well calibrated.

In Oblivion, it was a matter of adjusting the in-game brightness. PGR3, on the otherhand, didn't have this. The brightness calibration screen they give you that you're supposed to adjust your TVs brightness against would screw up my calibration if I adjusted it that high.

I wouldn`t say It`s down to the HDR lighting but more to do with the 360`s overall brightness output over component as VGA is alot brighter output wise, but dull colour wise. So has battlefield 2 got an ingame brightness adjustment then?

A quick tip to make the image alot brighter with your 360 is to start around on battlefield for example then pull out the AV cable at the back and plug it back in and magically watch the image become alot brighter (this is how it should be all the time). Bad news is as soon as you go back to the menu of a game it goes back to the default brightness.

Tiger

Banned
Apharmd Battler said:
Different games, like comparing apples and oranges. I think there is enough to BF2:MC to warrant check it out. I also feel strongly about the multiplayer to Far Cry - Instincts: Predator but to each his own. I'm playing BF2:MC with friends and having a blast! Tiger, we need to hook up!! Like someone mentioned above, I can see this easily being in the XBL top ten. The XBox demo and full retail verison was, and last week the XBox360 demo was in the top 5 (I think 2 or 3).

Don't listen to the lame reviews, the game play is solid!
I'll be on tonight man. Probably right around 5:30pm central time.

As Mushashi was talking about earlier, it would be really cool to have a GAF clan. That way whenever some of us are online, we could take on other people as a team. :D

Tiger said:
I'll be on tonight man. Probably right around 5:30pm central time.

As Mushashi was talking about earlier, it would be really cool to have a GAF clan. That way whenever some of us are online, we could take on other people as a team. :D

If its like the xbox version I believe you'd need atleast 10 people in the clan at once. I've also heard its almost always hard as hell to find another clan for the clan match.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Are people who play this game online still clueless idiots who abandon the concept of team play in exchange for stat boosting runnin' and gunnin'?

Tiger

Banned
Lil' Dice said:
Are people who play this game online still clueless idiots who abandon the concept of team play in exchange for stat boosting runnin' and gunnin'?
There are always gonna be people like that in EVERY online warfare game. So, yes there are people like that in this game.

The most annoying are the snipers who just sit there and take pot shots all day long. They have no interest in their actual team winning, just in getting as many sniper kills as possible. The most beautiful thing is to call in a mortar strike on the position of a sniper thats been hiding out for a while. :lol

My most satisfying moment playing the game yesterday, was a match where this dude was picking people off my team repeatedly. I finally figured out he was hiding in a wooded area and I called in a mortar strike right on his postion. Sure enough I logged two kills as there had actaully been two snipers hiding in that area. It was great. :D

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
I went down to EB at lunch. I had a brand new copy of BF2 in my hands. I put it back on the shelf.

What the hell man. I literally just bought Far Cry Instincts a couple days ago, I have a used copy of Burnout Revenge someone's selling me after work, and I bought GRAW and 2 copies of Oblivion, all within the LAST MONTH.

Someone needs to take my wallet away from me. Oh yes, out of the corner of my eye, The Outfit, Syphon Filter PSP, and the Silent Hill Experience were staring at me.

Kingpen

You guys convinced me to take the plastic wrap off of the game.... I took off of work this afternoon to blast it on the monster speakers I have as well... Should be bliss...

I'm up for a Clan as well... Can't say I am the best as I have never played the series, but I'm willing to play on a team with you guys and learn...

gt: KINGPEN66

jda1977

I have yet to open it up but I would like to play with some of you so add me and lets play...:)

GT: xXNostradamusXx

Tiger said:
There are always gonna be people like that in EVERY online warfare game. So, yes there are people like that in this game.

The most annoying are the snipers who just sit there and take pot shots all day long. They have no interest in their actual team winning, just in getting as many sniper kills as possible. The most beautiful thing is to call in a mortar strike on the position of a sniper thats been hiding out for a while. :lol

My most satisfying moment playing the game yesterday, was a match where this dude was picking people off my team repeatedly. I finally figured out he was hiding in a wooded area and I called in a mortar strike right on his postion. Sure enough I logged two kills as there had actaully been two snipers hiding in that area. It was great. :D
lol... that's great.

Kinda like what I do in BF42.
If I'm getting sniped in one spot a couple times I'll hop in a plane and BOMB HIM. Is it overkill? Perhaps...but it's fun!

Moral of the story...don't spawn camp a pilot...he'll fuck you up.

Captain N

truffleshuffle83 said:

Alright, well I could've sworn my list was in the 80s, but I guess I'm wrong. I removed some people so go ahead and try to add me again.

Kingpen

Just got done with 4 games online.. WHAT A BLAST! I got to play a few different maps including FrostBite and Backstab. They are so much more immersive and cooler then the demo map. I can't tell if the mic issue is still here or not. Probably around 12-18 people on each multi-play session.

I am definetely down for a clan in this game. My first battlefield experience and man I can't believe how much adrenaline there is with all the action. The music kicks ass too, and they definetely made a good attempt at correcting the weapon weight from the demo.

I've put a good 10 hours into this since I got it yesterday. I love this game. I love bf2 on the pc also, but its nice being able to just boot up my 360 and play some bf without the worry of it crashing, retarded server admins, and some fast action. Completely different games just the same name basically.
It's even better when you play with a friend and go around together or atleast find some non-retards on a server to party with.
I <3 bf

I just bought this game this afternoon, and played for exactly five minutes online before the game I entered ended. Decided to wait until later so I could devote more time to it. Got something to eat, ran some errands, fired it back up, and:

COULD NOT CONNECT TO EA SERVERS

for the past 30 minutes. Unfuckingacceptable. I haven't had any experience playing MP 360 EA games until now (never went online with FNR3, and haven't yet for Burnout), but if this is any indication of the type of experience I'll be having, then fuck EA. What the hell did I just pay $50 for - and what the hell am I paying $50 a year for, for that matter? XBOX LIVE, or EA LIVE? Since I have tomorrow off, you've got the rest of the night, EA. If I haven't been able to connect to a game by then, then ebay it is, and you can kiss my ass from now on.

MS, tell your publishers that HAVE to run their own servers to get their fingers out of their asses.

Eel O'Brian said:
I just bought this game this afternoon, and played for exactly five minutes online before the game I entered ended. Decided to wait until later so I could devote more time to it. Got something to eat, ran some errands, fired it back up, and:

for the past 30 minutes. Unfuckingacceptable. I haven't had any experience playing MP 360 EA games until now (never went online with FNR3, and haven't yet for Burnout), but if this is any indication of the type of experience I'll be having, then fuck EA. What the hell did I just pay $50 for - and what the hell am I paying $50 a year for, for that matter? XBOX LIVE, or EA LIVE? Since I have tomorrow off, you've got the rest of the night, EA. If I haven't been able to connect to a game by then, then ebay it is, and you can kiss my ass from now on.

MS, tell your publishers that HAVE to run their own servers to get their fingers out of their asses.

You seem to have something stuck up your ass also...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Swat said:
What the hell man. I literally just bought Far Cry Instincts a couple days ago, I have a used copy of Burnout Revenge someone's selling me after work, and I bought GRAW and 2 copies of Oblivion, all within the LAST MONTH.

Same here; got Burnout Revenge and haven't sunk much time into yet, and then I just recently got Rumble Roses XX and GRAW (which I haven't even started yet). And now I'm tempted to go and order Tomb Raider Legends, Far Cry Instincts, and Battlefield 2 MC. Xbox 360 overkill; good thing these are all $40 each! Still dunno if I want to get Oblivion; just don't know if it's my kind of game or not.

Have you guys seen many people playing BF2 MC online yet? I was all ready to get online with GRAW, but no one on my friends list is ever playing it. EVERYONE is always playing Oblivion. It's like the game killed Live multiplayer.

Top Bottom