• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Official "Paracel Storm" Multiplayer Trailer

Maybe im not so hyped for it since I just got out of a few games of bf3 pc before watching this. Looks the same to me, new setting and weapons though. Still getting it but I hope it releases with way more maps than bf3 did at launch.

QuiteUndead

Neo Member
i4bXftVy7Du1D.gif

What is that blue thing on the side of the rifle?

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd rather have another 5 multiplayer maps than a campaign, I don't know why they still bother?!
You should have seen the amount of people that complained and said 'no buy' when it was announced that TitanFall wouldn't have a single-player campaign.

That's exactly why they include it, sadly.

Mahonay

Banned
I was getting so sick of seeing Siege of Shanghai, then they show this...

iDGVyrFIu9p6H.gif

Feeling pretty good about my PS4 + Battlefield 4 launch day bundle right about now.

TheJLC

Is this a thing now? I haven't played a Battlefield game in a while (I played some Bad Company 2 for a short time) but Conquest mode was Battlefield as far back as I remember.

Overall Conquest has been degraded slowly but it's still what makes Battlefield, Battlefield. However, a lot of people somehow think that the other modes such as Rush or TDM are better and hate on Conquest.

Pop

Battlefield 4 looks great, 64 players with 60 fps is actually going to make the (next-gen) console versions worthwhile.

I have this nagging feeling however that once again you'll only be able to completely level a few minor structures: you saw one collapse in the trailer. It might be constrained by the environments they are using in the various maps: they either look like dense cities or more natural environments. In one the structures are too big to take down outside of canned animations in the other there's a lack of structures.

I just REALLY hope destruction hasn't been held back because of technology from 2005 in current gen consoles.

Remember those E3 gameplay videos where one guy blow out the ceiling in the basement to collapse the tank above them.

Go to the 1:30 mark and watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-k_I5poi7g

And with the new trailer we just saw, one of the main bridges was getting chipped away and blown up. Dynamic weather looks like it's in or at least when scripts happen it changes the layout/look of the map.

Overall Conquest has been degraded slowly but it's still what makes Battlefield, Battlefield. However, a lot of people somehow think that the other modes such as Rush or TDM are better and hate on Conquest.

That other people are the CoD-minded players, so who cares...

Overdoziz

Banned
Is this a thing now? I haven't played a Battlefield game in a while (I played some Bad Company 2 for a short time) but Conquest mode was Battlefield as far back as I remember.

Nah, it's mostly because I play with a group of players and 9 out of 10 matches we steamroll the other team. Because of this in Conquest we usually have to wait and spawncamp the other team for most of the match which is incredibly boring to me. At least in Rush on most maps you can quickly end a game if you're much better than the other team.

That Levolution trailer was insane. I thought it would be just big things but it's small too like closing doors and blocking off paths to turning off lights

Also flooding an entire map froma Dam and then using a boat in the streets is sick
It's been confirmed 1080p/60 for next gen consoles

1080p hasn't

It's been confirmed 1080p/60 for next gen consoles. At least that's what everyone told me when I questioned it

I've read the 60fps confirmation, and 64 players, but I haven't seen an official confirmation of 1080p I don't think. Would you mind linking to it?

I do kind of remember in Bad Company 2, it felt like ticket drain from having more control points was toned down, at least compare to 1942, so kill/death became a bigger factor which de-emphasized capturing and keeping control points.

TCRS

Banned
funny-sports-picturescdl79.gif

YEEEES!!

omg this is beautiful!! the boats, the guns, the weather, the islands HHNNNNGGGG

64 players on console!

3000h and proud *salute*

I won't be able to play this until spring 2014 ;__;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
When does the live stream starts?

Nah, it's mostly because I play with a group of players and 9 out of 10 matches we steamroll the other team. Because of this in Conquest we usually have to wait and spawncamp the other team for most of the match which is incredibly boring to me. At least in Rush on most maps you can quickly end a game if you're much better than the other team.

Well, yeah, that's Battlefield. Having all control points though used to drain tickets so fast in 1942 that these types of games would end pretty quickly.

Top Bottom