• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paches

My updated web plugin for Battle Log just doesn't install at all or Battle Log doesn't recognize that I have installed it. Anyone have a solution? Tried googling tons of answers, but nothing is working.

I hate to ask this type of question, but does anyone know how a Phenom II X4 955/560ti w/ 4GB of RAM will run this game? What settings can I expect to run BF4 on, and what should I be looking at upgrading first (component wise)?

The processor isn't the best for this game, but it'll work. Mantle is supposed to really optimize CPU usage, so if you were to upgrade later on to a mantle supported card, it'd probably up the performance a good bit if what the rumors are hold true.

G.Newell

My updated web plugin for Battle Log just doesn't install at all or Battle Log doesn't recognize that I have installed it. Anyone have a solution? Tried googling tons of answers, but nothing is working.

I had that exact issue and im on windows 8.1. The solution for me was to disable windows defender, after i did that it let me install it and play a game. I just switched it back on when i was in game.

Paches

I had that exact issue and im on windows 8.1. The solution for me was to disable windows defender, after i did that it let me install it and play a game. I just switched it back on when i was in game.

Yeah, I tried disabling some stuff, but it won't let it through. On Win7/64 bit. When I click to install the plugin, it acts like it installs and it goes away, just nothing happens in the browser and it acts like it doesn't recognize it is installed. Even when I go to chrome://plugins/ the Battle Log plug in and ESN Sonar show up and I have them to run all the time, but nothing is happening.

Kabuto

try closing the browser; that's what worked for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"NEED ONLY ONE"'s busted. Did the C4, DMR, and Shotgun 3 times and it doesn't show up in Battlelog.

Guess I have to get the sniper ribbons first when the other stuff didn't require that.

Is there a page in this thread with some gameplay and equipment tips? I've checked with little success.
If not, has anyone played enough to have some good advice?

Steel

Banned
Is there a page in this thread with some gameplay and equipment tips? I've checked with little success.
If not, has anyone played enough to have some good advice?

On what? I've been playing a ton of obliteration so I'll just give you two cents from my experience

If you're playing operation locker on obliteration, go assault and have a defibrillator. The only way you will ever deliver a bomb is if you keep your fellows alive and not constantly respawning.

For Obliteration on maps with vehicles, if you can manage to get your bomber in the helicopter: Do it, even if you suck at landing. Never let the bomber try to cross a map on foot, it never works.

Urthstripe

Neo Member
Annnnnd just ran into the crash bug on PS4 that erased my saved campaign game which i had about 3 hours in. Fuck this game. Won't be touching it again until if/when they patch it.

On what? I've been playing a ton of obliteration so I'll just give you two cents from my experience

If you're playing operation locker on obliteration, go assault and have a defibrillator. The only way you will ever deliver a bomb is if you keep your fellows alive and not constantly respawning.

For Obliteration on maps with vehicles, if you can manage to get your bomber in the helicopter: Do it, even if you suck at landing. Never let the bomber try to cross a map on foot, it never works.
Currently my assault kit has defib and health packs equipped. I just found out that holding the trigger charges the defibrillator more for more health.

vixlar

I don't know what happened with my Attack Boat unlocks. I unlocked the TV missile, and now that I look, it is unlocked until 30mm cannon.

ThisOne

Can someone explain to me why I can't switch the trigger buttons? I want to aim and shoot with L1/R1. Why is this not an option?

Yeah, it's a shame. Really hoping it gets patched in eventually. The triggers are definitely better on PS4 compared to the PS3, but I still prefer just the simple, responsive buttons.

RS4-

Currently my assault kit has defib and health packs equipped. I just found out that holding the trigger charges the defibrillator more for more health.

You'll just have to find a style that you like; map awareness. I guess you could throw in gun control as well because of the recoil/bullet spread.

If you play the game like COD, you'll just get frustrated. It doesn't take long to adjust to the pace of the game, you'll be fine.

Mastamind

Anyone know, got some help?

I uh "rented" it from gamestop 2 weeks ago. Had none of the issues i saw people posting about for ps4. Only things that i noticed were it would randomly lock of the xbox (requiring hitting the power button) when loading maps between rounds and music would die every so often (once every few hours).

Steel

Banned

Yeah same here, but I normally just default to defibing the guy quick, then throwing a medpack. Whenever I try to do a full charge I get my face shot off. Going with difib and heal pack only does get kinda awkward when you're running away from vehicles, which considering I'm constantly using assault atm, that's all the time. What assault rifles are you finding useful? So far my best experiences have been with the Sar and M4 but they don't seem to quite pack the punch I'd like.

Acinixys

Shanghai is still fucked

Since the game released i havent been able to play a single match on Shanghai because it crashes 10 mins in without fail

Is there any better way to start off a round?

ibfX5FiHGux8J6.GIF

Yeah same here, but I normally just default to defibing the guy quick, then throwing a medpack. Whenever I try to do a full charge I get my face shot off. Going with difib and heal pack only does get kinda awkward when you're running away from vehicles, which considering I'm constantly using assault atm, that's all the time. What assault rifles are you finding useful? So far my best experiences have been with the Sar and M4 but they don't seem to quite pack the punch I'd like.
I only have the scar h unlocked right now. I've been trying to unlock the basic equipment for each class before working on guns. Needed mines and the stinger as engineer. Would like to unlock the spawn beacon for recon, but that is the class I play least. I'll probably have time to play more this weekend. It would go so much faster if I could actually get in a squad with friends list people, but haven't managed it yet.

I play mostly assault and engineer, but switch to support if nobody is throwing ammo or recon if someone needs to lase vehicles.

I kind of wish they'd tone down the unlock requirements for all the sniper rifles and DMRs. Sniping is such a passive way of playing the game that I can't seem to make myself do it for any period of time before I get frustrated.

I'd suggest trying the ACE-23 and the AEK-971. They have an extremely high rate of fire so if you can control the recoil manually they're probably the most devastating rifles in the game.

I hate to ask this type of question, but does anyone know how a Phenom II X4 955/560ti w/ 4GB of RAM will run this game? What settings can I expect to run BF4 on, and what should I be looking at upgrading first (component wise)?

I've got Phenom II X4 955/660ti and 8 GB of RAM and the game runs pretty much flawlessly, long past the point of diminishing returns in graphics settings.

wrongway

This has probably been mentioned but there's a 1 bullet kill bug present at least in the PC version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDOC1V6GM8

That's weird about the random one-hit-kill thing. There was a damage bug like this early on in BF3, too. Something like projectiles applying damage multiple times on moving targets. I wondered if this time around it was just some kind of network thing, like your opponent actually hit you enough times to kill you on his end, but the server ended up sending all that info to you at once so it just seemed like a single hit. Surely the damage bug was long gone.

Welp.

98uBkbs.gif

ISOM

Does anyone know if there has been any amd driver updates in the past month for this game? It's still laggy and I still get crashes frequently.

Grief.exe

Does anyone know if there has been any amd driver updates in the past month for this game? It's still laggy and I still get crashes frequently.

Both Nvidia and AMD have had driver updates since the launch, but the game is still crashing on all configurations and on all platforms.

This is probably one of the most problematic and ubiquitous issues we have ever seen.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
To be fair, hes crashed twice and we should probably wait for the servers to get crushed before concluding.

To be fair,no one complaining about the X1 version (yet)

and how many time would is crash on the ps4 within the same timeframe? More than twice can't even reach 64 players

Woo-Fu

Banned
"NEED ONLY ONE"'s busted. Did the C4, DMR, and Shotgun 3 times and it doesn't show up in Battlelog.

Guess I have to get the sniper ribbons first when the other stuff didn't require that.

Worked just like the rest for me. Ribbons carry over match to match, the rest don't. Any ribbons before the patch that added these assignments don't count.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox One version was the most stable, MS tends to have the strictest certification process, right?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Damn, I can't find a PS4 anywhere. This is going to take awhile, I guess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Works for me, got the l96.

I'm not saying the assignment itself/reward is broken. The requirements of shotgun/DRM/C4 before getting the sniper ribbons is broken. I can get the other requirements in the other assignments just fine before their ribbons, but this one? It's not counting them despite me doing that three-five times.

So you need to get the sniper ribbons before even thinking of doing the DMR/Shotgun/C4 kills.

AKA: Broken assignment in this case.

Jackfrags' assessment of Second Assault:

Metro and Caspian are good updates, good changes to make them feel different
Firestorm is basically the same map, a bit "lazy"
Oman was already a good map, also "lazy"

Meh. Looking forward to China Rising.

Grief.exe

Metro and Caspian are good updates, good changes to make them feel different
Oman was already a good map, also "lazy"

Meh. Looking forward to China Rising.

The whole thing screams lazy to me, but I think that was the point. They wanted to get content out quickly, and recycling maps from the same engine is the best way.

Firestorm is the blandedest battlefield map I have ever seen.

Spl1nter

Which means its a bad map. An updated Kharg, Canals, and Siene would be better than firestorm. Than there are a ton of dlc maps which are better than it as well: Sharqi, Wake, Karkand, Markaz Monolith, Azadi Palace, and all of end game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom