• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please tell me if the SP save reset glitch has been addressed and they are working to fix it? THIS really sucks! Me and my gf were loving the sp, but my data just reset and put me at the beginning. I don't want to try and get back and have it do it again... This is a horrible bug. Any word would he appreciated

Nome

I saw that vid tweeted by a DICE dev so im sure they're gonna fix it.

How? It doesnt look like an easy to spot bug.

Could be hitboxes, server sync, weapon config. A bunch of stuff.
It's pretty bad that it wasn't caught before launch.

Any QA sweep should include checking basic damage values.

a916

Numbers have dramatically dwindled on PS4, I wonder if Dice has lost them

PC numbers continue to be very impressive

Currently online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

PS4

Is that max or a random time that you checked? Do you know what they were earlier?

mojiimbo

What do you guys who have played Conquest 64 on PS4 think of the performance?

Seems that opening Battlelog causes the game to crash on PS4 since they "fixed" it today.

Gaz_RB

They still haven't fixed the issue where there is no sound on video clips taken from the PS4.

Kinda hard to appreciate Battlefield moments when you can't hear anything

What do you guys who have played Conquest 64 on PS4 think of the performance?

Seems that opening Battlelog causes the game to crash on PS4 since they "fixed" it today.

Runs really well for me, performance is great. Very few, small drops

I've noticed that Battlelog crash too.

"Oh, I just did amazing that game, wonder what my K/D is now?"

*Crash*

Ocho

Yesterday my computer hard locked aka rebooted three times while playing. Before the recent server patch, that never happened. Crashes to desktop? Sure. But full on crashes? I'm sad.

Pretty much the only game where this happens. I'll format and see if a clean install fixes things..

Posted this in the OT:

DICE says sowwy:

Today we launched Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. With that console, we will have brought Battlefield 4 to no less than five platforms. It is amazing to see such a complex universe come to life across so many advanced hardware systems. Millions of people around the world are playing the game and seeing the tip of the iceberg of what the next generation has to offer. At DICE, we are committed to you, the fans, and view the game as a live service. I am extremely proud of the people at DICE and everyone across EA that contributed to the development of Battlefield 4. However, I am less proud to see that the game has experienced some turbulence during the launch period. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving the launch issues is our #1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets – and exceeds – your expectations. It is the right thing to do.

To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4.

You are the heart and soul of Battlefield. We thank you for your support in these early days of the launch, and will continue to show our appreciation as time goes on. To stay informed about the latest game updates, please visit us at Battlefield 4 Control Room or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

tl;dr

Double XP 11/28-12/5
Log into multiplayer on 12/5 and receive M1911 3x scope (was a DICE dev exclusive)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just always winning, feel bad for the other team.

I swear your drunk when you go on your tirades and scare the teams off. :(

And that scope reward is pointless. :/ Who the hell is going to use a 3x scope on a pistol?
Besides DICE
?

I'd rather have their dogtag given to people as a thanks for "making the game" in supporting them this early instead of something like that. :/

And they should give that out in BF3 anyway since they don't play that anymore.

Derrick01

Banned
Numbers have dramatically dwindled on PS4, I wonder if Dice has lost them

PC numbers continue to be very impressive

Currently online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

PS4

They're probably waiting for the game to be stabilized. I know I haven't even played BF4 yet because of these issues, not even the single player. I'm playing my other 5 PS4 games instead. None of my friends who are going to play with me have even tried to get online yet either.

TheSeks

R2 if it's like the PS3 version. L2 if you lefty-flip it.

Hold that and then aim at an objective/flag and then "attack/defend" on the commorose.

If you aren't squad leader it won't let you do this.

Jinjo

Man, I love sneaking around the back in Operation Locker rush, pick off a few enemies that are guarding the chokepoints, maybe if possible arm an MCOM to distract the rest and then just watch the floodgates open and see all my teammates swarm in the room.

Twinduct

Man did not play for a week and I'm completely out of practice.
The SCAR-H feels like a completely different gun from a week ago and I know nothing changed :<

On another note, seems the patch did help with performance my side. Seems to not frame drop at all anymore!

TheSeks

Again, if it says so on the box: Then you'll know. If it doesn't, then no.

And in any case, you could buy Premium and get it for "free" there, which makes China Rising being given out redundant.

Salex_

Again, if it says so on the box: Then you'll know. If it doesn't, then no.

And in any case, you could buy Premium and get it for "free" there, which makes China Rising being given out redundant.

Oh, thanks. The reason why I asked was because it just says "Battlefield 4" at the checkout. I thought it would have said "Limited Edition" like it used to when I was about to buy it last week.

TheSeks

No. This outing they dropped the Limited Edition. The pre-orders and standards are the same. Just IIRC the pre-orders have "China Rising" mentioned.

Let me check my PC box and double check.

Yeah, it should mentioned it at the top of the box on PC retail or somewhere on the PS3/360/720/PS4 copies.

Chromatic Abberation bug is still there for me. Seems to get worse in spectator. Happens randomly and it's damn annoying. I guess the client update coming to consoles and PC will be when it's fixed. :/

I don't know if everyone just unlocked the EMP UAV scanner on PS4 or what, but I can't play this shit now. It's fucking maddening, and is sure to send people into seizures.

@TheSeks It's no bug, it's what I just wrote. It's a feature.

mjc

What in the fuck. Are any other X1 players having the game just crash on them randomly? Its happened three times in the last couple minutes.

zma1013

QWfO7rm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom