• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
isCfuFyJs6C31.gif

haha, good thing he stopped right above you.

Ocho

Pretty sure we ran into our first hacker tonight. Wasnt extremely obvious even though he was the top player on the opposing team. But looking at his stats his headshot to kill ratios make him either one of the best players in the world or a hacker.

Here is the player profile: http://bf4stats.com/pc/Axios45

edit: and just as I post he changes his name to Chasseur3. Pretty suspicious. Rambo you play competitively, looks like a hacker am I right?

That's the useless guy who was whoring the AA from our spawn. I'll report him when I get back from my taco adventure.

Lol so that's how it went.

Oh fuck you. Gimlet and I 1 - 2'd a server as the only guys with 10k points each and the battle report is missing. In fact, a lot of BRs from tonights game are missing.

Oh man, I don't know if I just was not in the mood (I don't think I was), but I really dislike Conquest mode. It just feels so... empty? Souless? Chaotic.

But that could also be because I had like NO sounds other than gunfire and radio-chatter. Is that a new thing? Or is that how it is? Or is it a bug... I was so confused.

Sinfamy

I just started playing again on PC hoping some bugs were fixed, but why is it that every single match I join the max kills are 100? Games literally last 3 mins at most.

J-P

Neo Member
you have got to be fucking shitting me.
fuck this bullshit,
cannot believe this is my launch game.
i play with 7 people in a group and we CANNOT
get into a game together, finish a game together, send invites, fucking anything cooperatively
fuck this new party system on xbox, and fuck dice
goes back to playing

edit: starts game with all players, split us up
I cant move from spawn, 1 player crashes
ffs
Where did they say no plans for party menu?

CozMick

Banned
Oh, wow, Dice, you shouldnt have, double xp week?

Wha...what was that? On completion of a round?

Dice you useless fucks, I havent been able to complete a round for 4 fucking days.

Urgh :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sweet got the single player 100% done (all trophies and everything) without my save corrupting. It wasn't terrific or anything, and I wish there had been a trophy to sacrifice Irish down all three times, but it was better than Battlefield 3. The points system kind of gave me a goal beyond "Go here, do this", which was a welcome improvement.

Now I can sit back and enjoy nothing but multiplayer!

Finally got into 64 player Conquest. Was fun for a time, though it's really easy to die and hard to do anything objective-wise without dying. Paracel Storm is my favorite map so far, though it almost felt like I was running below 60fps (PS4) at some points after the storm kicked in. And then I hit lag central. Boo!

Cool that DICE is recompensing us early adopters for their muddy launch. I've got to ask though... as someone who is pretty dumb about guns, why do so many games seem to worship the M1911 pistol? I see it in almost any shooter that includes both handguns and real-world weapons, and Battlefield 4 even has a trophy dedicated to the thing.

Seanbob11

Sorry if this has been answered before. Does BF4 have a digital download code you can buy at retail? I don't want to have to swap discs and the digital version is £55 while Amazon have physical copies for £47.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I haven't had a crash for a while now. Game is running very smoothly. Shanghai still doesn't work for me tho. Within 10 min into the match I'm sure to crash. I even joined as Commander once and crashed right away.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cool that DICE is recompensing us early adopters for their muddy launch. I've got to ask though... as someone who is pretty dumb about guns, why do so many games seem to worship the M1911 pistol? I see it in almost any shooter that includes both handguns and real-world weapons, and Battlefield 4 even has a trophy dedicated to the thing.

It's the granddaddy of all handguns.

Zeppelin

And to think they actually originally let you group up on BF3 PC in BattleLog with friends, and join at the same time, and then they removed it .....

It's automatic now. The game will put friends in the same squad. If the teams are too unbalanced you might still end up on the opposing team, but the server will move you to your friends team and squad as soon as the teams are balanced. I've noticed it being a bit janky at times, but when it is I think its down to not everyone that wants to be in the same squads are friends on Battlelog.

I think it works well enough.

Jinjo

My god DICE. Did you do any fucking QA with this game? Two days in a row I've had this game lock up on the end screen of the round, which corrupts my profile save. It doesn't fix itself neither, every time I reboot the game I get the welcome new player shit. I actually had to recover a save from my online ps+ storage to fix it. And now I'm not even mentioning the numerous crashes etc. that just happen randomly. I have never played such a bugridden AA game ever. For such a huge and experienced developer you should be fucking ashamed of yourself, every single one of you, for even putting this out there in this state. This game is nowhere near done and it's been weeks since launch already. And I'm not even talking about the PS4 version.

Saw someone randomly with a GAF tag in a conquest game lastnignt on ps4 lol.

It was prob me. I joined a game that someone with the PSN name LazyKarl was in and we were running a pretty vicious 2 man tank team on Golmud Railway. Next match I crashed out of Locker and called it a night.

I noticed a bunch of gaffers from my friends list joined the same matches and remember killing one or two familiar names.

Jinjo

Are anyone elses Support field upgrades gimped? Unlocked both indirect fire and perimeter defense, but I can't select them. They still have the unlock criteria box even if I have long passed it.

Milennia

It was prob me. I joined a game that someone with the PSN name LazyKarl was in and we were running a pretty vicious 2 man tank team on Golmud Railway. Next match I crashed out of Locker and called it a night.

I noticed a bunch of gaffers from my friends list joined the same matches and remember killing one or two familiar names.

I have people joining my games all the time, i just don't really notice it until they kill me or vice versa lol. Deffinetly have had gaffers in my games, it was just the gaf tag that i was sure i haven't seen before that game :p

Twinduct

I take it back. After 15 crashes back 2 back (even after two resets and installing updated drivers), fuck you Dice.

By far this has been the most unpleasant PC experience I've ever had. I can't even think of a game that has been broken this badly and not fixed to at least be playable so long after release.

If I had the option I'd refund this game in an instant and revisit it once it hits humble bundle prices.

Kssio_Aug

Just downloaded PS3 version, and upgraded to PS4.
Ill play the PS3 version until next-week, thats when my PS4 may arrive.

If someone is interested on playing it, add me: Kssio_Aug

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If we're talking semiautomatic, then what about the Mauser C96?

True. The Mauser came out before the M1911. But in terms of popularity and still being used in modern combat? The M1911 holds that. It's a pretty popular firearm among people because of it's design choices and stuff.

It's like asking why the AK-47 is popular in some circles. It's an old gun, yes. But it's a reliable piece of firearm tech that can be counted on when it needs to be.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
True. The Mauser came out before the M1911. But in terms of popularity and still being used in modern combat? The M1911 holds that. It's a pretty popular firearm among people because of it's design choices and stuff.

It's like asking why the AK-47 is popular in some circles. It's an old gun, yes. But it's a reliable piece of firearm tech that can be counted on when it needs to be.

I guess that makes sense. A gun design that old yet still remaining popular is a pretty big testament to it's worth.

Wikipedia did say that the Mauser is still used in some militias today though, so that's something. I guess it's not the U.S. military, but...

olimpia84

Oh, wow, Dice, you shouldnt have, double xp week?

Wha...what was that? On completion of a round?

Dice you useless fucks, I havent been able to complete a round for 4 fucking days.

Urgh :(

Ha, so true. Yesterday I got two 'blue screens' right after joining games. This is frustrating as hell.

WHERE THA HELL IS MY COUNTER BUTTON DICE!

ibnL3uJJ6fTR5c.gif

This here shows what I hate about the knife, even though he's more than 1 meter away from you he still just automatically locks you and you're stuck as soon as he presses the button.
I'd rather have manual knifing than animation based knifing

Tak3n

Banned
Oh My

298 Souls had been slayed by my Mortar according to bf4stats.com

Thank you again Dice for rushing a fix for Mortars, don't worry about the constant crashing, just make sure you nerf the Mortars

I have CoD Ghosts, and I like it, but I think BF4 would be more fun if I traded CoD in.... are the PS4 issues that bad? And in your guys' honest opinion, is it better than ghosts?

I have both and I feel like I will play both. However I do think BF is the better game now that I can get in 64 player conquest.

ufo8mycat

Mmm. Just for clarification, when you say "ugly" are you talking about native 720p instead of 900 like the PS4, or is it missing effects too?

I'm not too fussed on resolution, to be honest. So if it's just that I can manage.

Switching between the PC version and XBONE, XBONE is at the 'MEDIUM" settings. Quite impressive if you ask me , considering the XBONE CPU.

Haven't compared PS4 but my guess is in between medium and high

Marvel

could never
Apart from some missing AA the XB1 and PS4 versions are almost identical no? at least that's what I see from HD footage I'm watching.

Go with whatever pad you find more comfortable and where your friends are I guess.

Vidpixel

I finally got into some Conquest matches yesterday on the PS4, and they were glorious. It's unfortunate that so much of the backend stuff is struggling right now, because the game itself is a whole lot of fun.

Marvel

could never
IIRC

XB1 = 720p
PS4 = 900p

Correct me if wrong.

You're not wrong there, I'm talking missing effects and textures wise is there really a difference apart from res? I'm not seeing it so far, then again I'm watching stuff on a very small screen right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom