• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better man than I. I couldn't stomach the singleplayer or the multiplayer. Completely mediocre all around and the input lag just makes it terrible.

i didn't mind that in SP. though i did have a bug on the bridge where a tank wouldn't move and i had to restart the mission...seems trivial compared to BF4's SP game save eating though!

I really wish you could map spotting to R3, and knifing to R1.

It's inconvenient and too dangerous to take your finger off the trigger to spot. Unless you're one of those gamers who holds the shoulder buttons with four fingers

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Game crashed during the loading of the next map and the whole previous round didn't count on BL. That's a new one....and fucking lame.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I would've, but I thought
that if I did nothing, I'd end up going myself... not getting the ship killed lol.

You have to play again for the P90 anyway. So you're gonna have to
sacrifice them both

Zeppelin

Why do Dawnbreaker even have jets? I can see why DICE would think it would be a cool idea but it doesn't really work. I rarely see people use them at all. Maybe its because the fly zone is too narrow, or because they are stealth jets and not attack jets. If they had some ATG capability they might actually be somewhat useful.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really wish you could map spotting to R3, and knifing to R1.

It's inconvenient and too dangerous to take your finger off the trigger to spot. Unless you're one of those gamers who holds the shoulder buttons with four fingers

Yeah, that would be nice, but then it kind of messes up the commo rose functions.

Posted from the other thread since I might reach a more broad audience here:

To anyone that own the PS4 version:

Should I exchange my sealed copy for the PS3 version and upgrade to the PS4 version after the game's been fixed or just get Killzone instead?

Amazon will have all of the version on sale for $25 during Black Friday week. Walmart will have it for $25 on Black Friday next week as well..Should I wait for this one instead of exchanging the PS4 version for the PS3 version/Killzone?

All I can tell you is that PS4 version is excellent even with the bugs and after the patch this week, it should be even better.

TheSeks

my battle reports are taking hours to update instead of near instantaneously. anyone else?

It's not just you. I'm getting bad lag today and yeah, battlereports taking a while to update.

Seems they're being DDoS or something.

Lakitu

st5fu
the upcoming patch will fix it

have there been any news on how well BF4 sold? so far all we have is stats on current users playing the game.

bVcQ8Xe.png

I imagine the PS4 player base will get a large boost this week after it releases in Europe. At least to Xbox One numbers.

TheSeks

Oh for some reason I thought it was also on your guns. That's disappointing. If they're going to have 500 different weapon camos may as well add an emblem on them too.

The emblem will also show up on guns and on vehicles you occupy, yes.

It's pretty useless, honestly. Don't think too much into it other than looking neat for someone.

The emblem will also show up on guns and on vehicles you occupy, yes.

It's pretty useless, honestly. Don't think too much into it other than looking neat for someone.

Are there server issues preventing them from showing up on PS4 or did I not equip mine the right way? Whenever I go to customize emblem the one I created is there and I save it, but it doesn't show up on any of my guns or on my page.

Reese-015

Fuck. Someone just gifted BF4 to me. Was really looking forward to it. But this shit just does not run. 'Battlefield 4 has stopped working' no matter what I do, I can't boot it up in campaign or multiplayer, I literally don't get into the game. All my drivers are up to date, I made sure Punkbuster's up to date, I tried a bunch of tricks that were suggested after a Google search (run as admin, run x86, run x64,...). Nothing works.

WTF.

This is not beta, DICE/EA. Srsly. How in the hell.

TheSeks

Are there server issues preventing them from showing up on PS4 or did I not equip mine the right way? Whenever I go to customize emblem the one I created is there and I save it, but it doesn't show up on any of my guns or on my page.

Like the reports from singleplayer, it may take a while to show up. I dunno since I don't have the PS4 version to tell you. But it should be on the barrel of the gun.

TheSeks

Does the MP also have input lag?

Killzone? Yes. They say it's to make the player feel the "weight" of the gun and whatever bullshit but it's terrible. There's some people (Sony diehards, notable) that defend it to death and like it. But the rest of us loathe it.

Killzone 3 fixed it to where the aiming isn't bothered by it so I dunno if Killzone 4 stays fixed, but the weight of the gun/"lag" is still there. Makes for terrible playing.

Killzone? Yes. They say it's to make the player feel the "weight" of the gun and whatever bullshit but it's terrible. There's some people (Sony diehards, notable) that defend it to death and like it. But the rest of us loathe it.

Killzone 3 fixed it to where the aiming isn't bothered by it so I dunno if Killzone 4 stays fixed, but the weight of the gun/"lag" is still there. Makes for terrible playing.

Damn i thought it was mostly gone in the MP because of the 60fps.. guess i'll be saving some money. I cant stand that shit

TheSeks

Whenever I go to customize emblem the one I created is there and I save it, but it doesn't show up on any of my guns or on my page.

Just for the sake of reference:

How you'll see the emblem on vehicles (that you occupied) and on the guns. It's a little hard to see on the FN P90, but you can see all three (and four if I went to the left of the LAV) emblems.

Shadowfall is probably the best feeling console shooter I've played. The controls feel really nice. The input latency feels super low.

Has the PC version of this gotten any more stable in the past week or so? I want to play, but I can hardly finish a match without it crashing.

Smash88

Banned
I'm about to give up on this game. The rubber banding introduced recently is making the game unplayable. It's really frustrating. And it's not me. I have no problems in other games, in terms of rubber banding, only in BF4.

FHIZ

Is the Commander App not working for anyone else? It keeps telling me to launch BF4 on my console to refresh my multiplayer permissions, and I've done that, a lot of times. If it's not that (which it is 95% of the time) it tells me some error response from EA.

Bombless

I hope they change that so it is a random qte instead of just your knife key bind.

You have to be an idiot to fail a counter-knife after your first time.

It should stay the same. It's basically a punish to the knifer. Want a sure kill? Shoot the guy in the face.

TheSeks

i heard that '2014' barely won over 'Levolution Edition' in the map naming finals held at DICE HQ

Levolution Edition would've been better.

Oh, I'm playing Metro LevEd.

It should stay the same. It's basically a punish to the knifer. Want a sure kill? Shoot the guy in the face.

This, if you knife me from the front you should be punished for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

That said the counter window shouldn't be as huge as it is currently. Should have to at least wait for the F prompt instead of just smashing mindlessly to counter.

SonicBoom

My xbox one save file for the campaign is gone.... :( lost 3 hrs of progress. Don't mind playing it again but its annoying. I'll wait for a update ... Dice is dropping the ball here if they ever want to beat Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom