• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That said the counter window shouldn't be as huge as it is currently. Should have to at least wait for the F prompt instead of just smashing mindlessly to counter.

I agree.

I am only arguing for a system that would not be essentially a 100% success right for the person counter-knifing.

Orlandu84

I just played a round of Metro on Battlefield 3, and I was amazed by how much smoother the game functioned than Battlefield 4. At the same time I noticed the absence of some of B4's improvements: the better minimap, different grenades, and more destructible environment. I couldn't help but think though that Battlefield 3 seemed more responsive and consistent. I might have to go back to it till DICE or EA get B4 working right.

AmyS

Alright, my rank is now 10 in MP. How the heck do I play as a Commander? I have the PS4 version but here's the thing, I have Battlelog running on a laptop. I can do everything in Battlelog on the laptop for anything on PS4 or I can just do it through the in-game Battlelog within the PS4 version but I don't know how to join as a Commander either way. I'm really confused!

Do I have to unlock Commander Mode or something ??

Would appreciate a 'how to' / FAQ, or something.

Spl1nter

We made sweet beautiful boat love today.

ibjX9wYgszFIfI.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While tanking my KDR. :( Stupid lag.

As it is I'm honestly shocked at that like... 5 minute Obliteration round and ya'll grabbing their boat. Insane.

Raven77

So I bought PREMIUM for the PC version, does that carry over for the PS4 version as well?

I mean, its the same Origin account.

tatsuki

What's the opinion on the attack helicopter? It was great IMO in BF3, but it feels heavy in BF4.
Terrible. It was more agile in the beta. I had over 1,000 kills with it in the beta and now I never touch it. They messed with it for the final game and it's just bad now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can we find player counts for the Xbox One & PS4 versions? Popularity will decide where I'll buy Battlefield next week.

Go with PS4 if you intend to play with consoles GAF. That's where most of the veterans have gone.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't mind counter-knifing at all when both players can see which direction the other player is truly facing.

It is when you knife somebody from behind and get countered that it is annoying.

Game has been mostly fine for the past week and a half(PC) but today I am rubber banding so incredibly bad it really is unplayable. I can't run 10 meters.

Morpork

Guys, I'm having some trouble with BF4 on the PC.

I join a game, play until the round is over. If it restarts the same map I can play, but if it loads a new map the game crashes right before it finishes loading. I get a black screen and a hard lock forcing a reset of the PC.
On my monitor (HDMI) it says "input not supported" and trying it on a second DVI monitor it's just a black screen.

I'm running with a GTX 770 on Win7. I had the latest drivers 331.82 which I rolled back to 331.65 to no effect.
I re-installed DirectX from the Battlefield folder, and it allowed me to play through two map changes, but on the third it crashed again.

Google searched this and can't seem to find someone else with the exact same problem.

Anybody got any ideas?

Steel

Banned
My xbox one save file for the campaign is gone.... :( lost 3 hrs of progress. Don't mind playing it again but its annoying. I'll wait for a update ... Dice is dropping the ball here if they ever want to beat Call of Duty

Welcome to the PS4 problems brother. Now shall we burn down EA HQ together?

bjscott05

Holy shit. I was playing Hainin resort when someone triggered some levolution stuff at the resort. The resort didn't come down but it started making the game chug at ~1 fps for a few seconds on ps4. Looks like another thing Dice might want to look at.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Seems some transport helicopters become almost invincible once a few soldiers repair them while flying / w field upgrades. I shot 6 succesfull stinger rockets into one and it was still holding.

Kabuto

just finished a 50,000 point game of Obliteration on Operation Locker AND the game didn't crash. great way to end the night

So my game says the campaign is 100% loaded but the full game is at 23% and it won't let me play the second mission cause it's still installing.

Even though it says 100% on the campaign, I still can't play the second mission. Is the game lying to me right now? How long is this install going to take?

EDIT: The percentage counter has made ZERO progress since downloading from PSN two hours ago.

How do you instantly check the scoreboard after dying on PS4? I've seen a few people do this on twitch. I can only check it by hitting Options then scrolling down to scoreboard.

Kingbrave

Does anyone have the R9 280x? How well does it run BF4? I've already ordered it but I'd like to know. It's gotta be better than my 2g 650ti boost right?

jond76

Banned
Got to put in some time on this last night on Xbox1. Wow. Love it love it.

I probably died way more than necessary staring at the water and other eye candy.

Vidpixel

I just started the campaign. Are they serious with this song? I can tell I'm going to be in for some experience.

Yeah, from what I've played of the campaign without the game corrupting my progress, the writing/cinematic moments leave... a lot to be desired. Half the time, I don't even know what the heck is going on.

Bombless

Seems some transport helicopters become almost invincible once a few soldiers repair them while flying / w field upgrades. I shot 6 succesfull stinger rockets into one and it was still holding.

Unless there's 3 of you shooting iglas (not stingers, get rid of those) at the same time you won't hurt them. You need to shoot AT rockets to have a chance to take them down.

belmonkey

What exactly happens when you play on Ultra (2+GB VRAM needed), but you have a 1GB GPU? I know BF can scale down and work with 1GB, but what exactly does it do to make it work?

CMDBob

What exactly happens when you play on Ultra (2+GB VRAM needed), but you have a 1GB GPU? I know BF can scale down and work with 1GB, but what exactly does it do to make it work?

I would imagine that instead of storing the textures and such on your graphics card's VRAM, it'd store them into shared system RAM and swap them in and out as it needs to. This could end up making BF4 run a bit slower, but it's probably imperceptable, maybe 1-2 frames off your FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom