• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
This storm level...I don't think they know the difference between a tropical depression and a hurricane/typhoon. Depressions don't bounce cars and trees around.

Fine if all you desire is a 'shooter fix'.

You're still missing out on Battlefield.

So are battlefield owners right now.

wrongway

I think I was happier thinking that the one-hit-kill bug was just an illusion caused by netcode wonkery -- that my attacker was hitting all his shots on his end, but the server just gave me all that info at once so it only 'seemed' like an instagib. Now that I know it's a bullshit bug, I've been noticing just how often it happens instead of writing it off, and it's getting really frustrating really fast. :(

DTKT

Anyone else using 331.82? I'm getting some serious texture flickering on the "Highway" map and I seem to be crashing a lot more than with the 331.65 beta drivers.

Seanspeed

Banned
Which isn't saying much considering this game is just what BF3 should have been and is a broken mess. You're acting like its a must buy
Its an amazing game, yea.

Its not as 'broken' as it was and will continue to be improved. Like I said, if all you need is a 'shooter fix', then buy whatever, but it aint gonna be Battlefield.

For me, it'd be like eating a piece of wonderbread with tomato sauce and a Kraft single on it because it was too late to order pizza.

blazeuk

Don't. Wait a few months and get it and premium for $60 total with maybe a fully functioning game included.

That's pretty depressing to hear, I have Killzone and BF4 preordered for launch this week and everything I've read has almost got me cancelling my order, the only reason I haven't is because I ordered at a more reasonable price than most next gen titles and my choice would be this or Ghosts (and I have CoD fatigue after playing a lot of it over the years).

tatsuki

Also, I've never met a cluster of people so oblivious to what's going on around them, in BF3. Wow.
Yea, It happens all the time on locker. People rarely watch for flanks.

Like someone already mentioned, It's just what I have my colorblind options set at. I'm not actually colorblind. I just like the extra colors.

Are people still having issues with crashing?

My game hasn't crashed in about 2 weeks or whenever that big patch came. Crashed like a bitch before that

Boss Man

So on PS4 I' m getting "You have lost the connection to the session." on any game I try to join, including the ones that supposedly work like TDM. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know a fix? I've already tried deleting the application data.

If you've got a PS4, don't do that to yourself. :p

Dude, It got a plan for $10...Which would you rather buy, $60 for the PS3 version plus $10 upgrade or a $60 PS4 version which is NOT for sale on black friday or $35 for the PS3 plus upgrade on Black Friday...

Something tells me you're not good at figuring out how to find good deals.

georgc

The vehicle balance in this game is horrendous. The attack boad is a diamond tank on water and then someone can take on a attack chopper with a stingr one on one and win 80 percent of the time. Disabling helicopters after one shot with anything what idiot thought this was a good idea. Fuck it's annoying.

Lock-on launchers are for pussies.

i1Q2b4eLHj9P9.GIF

RdN

If you're all on BF4 and one person joins a server, it will automatically send an invite to your friends. Also, if you form and Xbox Live party and join a game it will automatically send invited to that party.

Sadly, DICE has opted for that instead of a party system in the menus though.

Yeah, it sends an invite, but to the game, not the squad. Kind of sucks when you're trying to get a 5 man squad going, but 3 guys join one team and 2 other.

Kak.efes

I'm not touching the PS4 version until they patch L1/R1 back.

Can't be that bad. The new triggers are infinitely better than the older ones. I went into the test range, and they re-implemented good ol' veteran/southpaw for vehicles. It's no different than BF3 for me now.

bjscott05

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the sound on Golmud railway seems pretty broken compared to other maps. Sound cuts out more in vehicles and it seems like the ambient battle noise is...off, maybe a little quiet.

Pastry

Banned
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the sound on Golmud railway seems pretty broken compared to other maps. Sound cuts out more in vehicles and it seems like the ambient battle noise is...off, maybe a little quiet.

The sound is broken on all of the maps during Conquest (PS4) but works in every other mode for me.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Having a blast on the one, 64 players on a console with no lag is awesome - I've played about 10 hours today, get kicked after a game here and there but no issues.

Edit every once in a while the sound cuts out but its not broken at all

Naked Lunch

The sand storm that blows in on Gulf of Oman is one of the sickest things I ever saw in a game. The map starts out sunny but you can see it coming out in the distance over the ocean. 10 minutes later it arrives - sand and trees whipping in the wind. Atmosphere second to none. So badass. DICE are the kings of the genre.

Cudder

I got 4/5 Obliteration bomb plants for the trophy today. Not bad. Getting close to planting and then getting shot is super frustrating.

It's interesting how Dice is evolving BF. Destruction was a thing Dice play tested with BC1 and now it's fully implemented. The levelution thing and static envirnoment changes will be something pushed very hard in the next BF games imo. In future DLC or BF games, I'd like to hope for the levelution events to be more dynamic, like a random lightning storm with lightning strikes that potentially become hazards for air vehicles and even people on ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom