• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-P

Neo Member
Amazingly well on PS4's Dual Shock 4.

DS4 has got to be the best console controller I've ever used. I'm gonna have to get a 2nd.

Wish i could agree but sprinting for any more than a few yards hurts like shit as i'm trying to keep my thumb from sliding off the stick. Really wish they had gone with the Xbox stick placement.

Skyr

Wish i could agree but sprinting for any more than a few yards hurts like shit as i'm trying to keep my thumb from sliding off the stick. Really wish they had gone with the Xbox stick placement.

Damn.. stick placement for FPS like BF4 is actually my main concerne i have comming from the xbox corner.
I had no chance to try the DS4 yet but i already heard that the resistance of the sticks is harder than on the new xbone controller, which is great because i prefer that for shooters.
People still having problems with the placement of the sticks raises my concerns again tho :\
Hope i will be fine with it..

ckohler

... and besides the fact Battlefield 3's campaign was atrocious and the few bits I've played of 4 aren't too great either.

Weird. I rented Battlefield 4 to play the campaign and I'm really enjoying it so far. The graphics are amazing, the action is intense and the it's just plain fun. Not really sure what there is here to fault. I'm having as much with this as I did Killzone.

Save game bug on all platforms,

Thanks for the warning. I've not experienced any issues so far. I'm making sure to up my save to PSN, just to be safe.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't tried the TV missile for the jet yet but, from my experience with the TV missile from BF3, its got to be damn hard to actually get a hit with one AND be in a position after detonation where you aren't too far into a dive to pull up.
The plane actually shuts down the engine when the TV missile is fired, so you wont crash immediately while operating the missile. Makes you a really easy target though. I prefer laser guided or rocket pods because of this.

Also the JDAM is too weak. It should get a huge buff and increased reload times.

fritolay

I haven't seen any 2nd Assault maps with people playing via the game browser. Tried changing all my settings to no avail.

After reading up on this, if you use battlelog on a PC, you can find servers people are playing on and launch from there. Crazy but seems true this may be the only way right now.

So DICE thinks the PC community is happy with a double xp week and a scope for a pistol? Well gee, thanks guys! I will instantly forget about the crashes and the progress that got flushed down the drain.

What a world we live in.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

You know you can set sprint to press once, right? As a matter of fact I think it defaults to that.

Same with vehicle turbo. You press the stick once to start it and it stays in turbo until you turn too harshly or slow down.

Nameless

Fix for the one-hit-kill bug incoming:

https://twitter.com/slicedlime

Fixed the "one shot kill" bug today. Many thanks to @jackfrags for the helpful video. Patch ETA coming at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219584248915/ … #BF4

Also an explanation of the problem from a DICE dev posted on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...d_the_one_shot_kill_bug_today_many_thanks_to/

sliced_limeLead Technical Scripter said:
17 points 23 minutes ago
I can just answer right here.
Bullets travel at a certain velocity. Impacts are checked frame by frame as the projectile travels along its path. The issue here was that if the bullet happened to impact a target just at the very end of the segment for its frame, sometimes it would register as a hit on the same target the very start of the next frame as well.
The collision response function failed to properly ignore this double impact, causing the damage to be given twice.
This also explains why we've been having a fairly hard time reproducing the issue as well, since it only happened if you were shooting a target at certain very precise ranges (basically a multiple of a full frame of travel time at bullet velocity worth of distance from the shooter).

Grief.exe

So DICE thinks the PC community is happy with a double xp week and a scope for a pistol? Well gee, thanks guys! I will instantly forget about the crashes and the progress that got flushed down the drain.

What a world we live in.

A couple of free maps should be in order. Some BF3 rereleases to keep the development time down seems fair.

Fix for the one-hit-kill bug incoming:

https://twitter.com/slicedlime

Fixed the "one shot kill" bug today. Many thanks to @jackfrags for the helpful video. Patch ETA coming at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219584248915/ … #BF4

Also an explanation of the problem from a DICE dev posted on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...d_the_one_shot_kill_bug_today_many_thanks_to/

HELL.FUCKING.YES!!

This is my biggest issue with this miserable game!
puts up bf4

The drastic framedrops on 64 Player Operation Locker better get patched soon. It's awful.

I don't know how easy it would be to patch that. I've only seen the drastic drops when 50+ people are spamming grenades at the one choke point on PS4. It doesn't always slow down, which I found surprising.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Came across an aimbot guy last night on Hainan Resort. He stood at the top of the resort and insta-killed about 40 people in the first 10 minutes of the match.

I was getting so pissed off before I realized he was hacking. No matter where I'd hide he would always pop my head off the moment I peeked out from cover.

The good news is that in 53 hours of play time this is the only obvious hacker I've come across.

Is there any way to one or two shot a tank with rockets? I'm sick of shooting five rockets at them it's ridiculous

Why on earth should tanks be destroyable with 1-2 rockets? They'd be absolutely useless. I'm glad they're stronger than they were in BF3. By the end of BF3's lifespan, tanks were fragile as hell.

Also, use the SRAW or RPG. MBT LAW has the nice auto-target thing but is weak as hell.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Came across an aimbot guy last night on Hainan Resort. He stood at the top of the resort and insta-killed about 40 people in the first 10 minutes of the match.

I was getting so pissed off before I realized he was hacking. No matter where I'd hide he would always pop my head off the moment I peeked out from cover.

The good news is that in 53 hours of play time this is the only obvious hacker I've come across.

This is why I went PS4 only this time around. I saw so many aimbots in BF3 after it was out only a month.

please don't hack the PS4 SKU

Seanspeed

Banned
Why on earth should tanks be destroyable with 1-2 rockets? They'd be absolutely useless. I'm glad they're stronger than they were in BF3. By the end of BF3's lifespan, tanks were fragile as hell.
Two to disable, three to destroy was fine.

Five to destroy is ridiculous. Makes engineers useless 1 vs 1 against tanks, yet Support and Recon can be supreme, 1-hit kills with C4 still. I don't consider that balanced.

tjohn86

Five to destroy is ridiculous. Makes engineers useless 1 vs 1 against tanks, yet Support and Recon can be supreme, 1-hit kills with C4 still. I don't consider that balanced.

I agree. It's impossible to kill tanks as a lone engineer.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

One of the big negatives is that there is no silenced RPG, so the first shot the tank knows exactly where you are. In BF3, you could work it so you could survive getting in two more shots... in BF4, you're pretty much dead.

On the other hand, tanks in BF3 were way too fragile.

As someone who primarily plays Engineer, I'm still 50/50 on the change. Tanks should be powerful and scary. I tend to use mines a lot more in BF4... and the fact that they stick around after you die is pretty useful.

Does anyone know the exact rules of mine persistence? How long do mines stick around after you die? Until you place new ones? Can you only have 3 mines placed at a time?

blackflag

Starting up with planes before you get heatseekers is always so hard for me because I kinda suck.

Well on this one map, an enemy C-130 insta spawned every time it was blown up. I don't know how that thing spawns or anything but I killed it over and over. Got a ton of kills and got several attack jet levels. Was pretty fun but seemed like a bug.

Does commander spawn the C-130? Is this a regular occurance?

Remmy2112

Difference between a engi with a launcher and support/recon with C4 is that the C4 user has to brave the field and get next to the tank, plant 2-3 charges, then retreat and detonate it to score a kill in most cases. A engineer can engage from a multitude of ranges and, with the exception of two launchers, retreat to cover immediately after firing. This allows the engineer to survive more of his encounters. It is risk versus reward, the C4 user risks more and gets a bigger payout if successful.

Engineers also have a variation of this with repair torches or SLAMs. SLAMs are arguably better than C4, unless they have/will get nerfed, because you do not have to retreat to detonate, you just have to stick them on and it will be a kill the moment the enemy picks up speed, even if you are killed.

Overdoziz

Banned
How do I revive someone? Hit right trigger or hold it down? Don't think I've ever revived anyone but I've tried.
You can do both, but the longer you charge up the defibs the more health the player will have when he gets revived. Just quickly hitting the trigger will give him around 20 health I think.

Ocho

Glad they fixed the 1 bullet kill bug. Not that I even care inside the tank, though. #yoloswag360shellshotboomboomvehicleforlifez

Just have to agree to disagree. In no way do I think that a single engineer should be able to easily destroy a tank. In BF, it is rare that there is one engineer around in any given moment.

Support and Recon have the increased risk of getting close to the tank. I stopped using tanks in BF3 because they felt useless after a while with such short lifespans.

I think the RPG and SRAW are 3-shot kills if you hit armored vehicles in the rear.

Until Symthic releases data on explosives, I can't be sure, but I do think you're correct.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the angle of your shot also affects your damage dealt. You don't always have time to angle a perpendicular shot, but if you're shooting at a tank from 45 degrees to the front, don't expect to take it down.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just have to agree to disagree. In no way do I think that a single engineer should be able to easily destroy a tank. In BF, it is rare that there is one engineer around in any given moment.

Support and Recon have the increased risk of getting close to the tank. I stopped using tanks in BF3 because they felt useless after a while with such short lifespans.
I get killed in a tank far more often by C4 than by Engi rockets.

And in BF3, I already found it quite easy to sneak up on tanks as Support to destroy tanks in one blow.

I think C4 needs to be nerfed, honestly. No loading up on charges to go straight for the one hit destroy. Maybe one hit disable would be more fair.

You can do both, but the longer you charge up the defibs the more health the player will have when he gets revived. Just quickly hitting the trigger will give him around 20 health I think.

Whoa, I did not know you could charge it - I just assumed they had nerfed the defib to be 20 every time. Very smart change.

Seanspeed

Banned
What insult? It's common knowledge that Black Friday is this weekend.

The whole 'I suspect you're not very good at finding good deals' insult. It was completely unnecessary. I know about Black Friday, but I forgot about the upgrade from current gen to next gen for $10 thing. Whatever man. Defend being an ass if you want.

Was trying to find an answer for this and asked it in the PS4 BF4 issues thread. Maybe someone knows here ..

The lack of a crosshair for the mortar in Hardcore (PS4) ..design choice by DICE or game error that needs to be fixed via a patch?

thanks!!

One more thing .. Any tips for becoming a better shot with the RPG against helicopters?
IIRC, Hardcover (no map) had no overhead HUD in BF3. Had to shoot and then check full map to see where shots landed.

RPG... Don't try to be a human highlight reel, just use A Stinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom