• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Whew!

Today I finished unlocking everything for Support, unlocking all shotguns, and getting every battlepack/attatchment (aka, 520 kills) for the QBS.

Feels...

Well, okay, I guess. I got a camo with the last QBS pack, so that was nice. Got more XP boosters than I know what to do with.

Mayyhem

Been playing on Xbox One, its wonderful when it works. However, lately I've been noticing some type of random blurr that occurs in conjunction with a split second red blue green type lining or something. It looks very trippy and its starting to hurt my head. It's the game right?

Yeah, it sends an invite, but to the game, not the squad. Kind of sucks when you're trying to get a 5 man squad going, but 3 guys join one team and 2 other.
I think the way it works is it will get you all on the same team and squad eventually, but it'll prioritize just getting you all into the game first and then when balance allows move whoever needs moving.

Not a perfect solution by any means though.
The sand storm that blows in on Gulf of Oman is one of the sickest things I ever saw in a game. The map starts out sunny but you can see it coming out in the distance over the ocean. 10 minutes later it arrives - sand and trees whipping in the wind. Atmosphere second to none. So badass. DICE are the kings of the genre.
Yeah it's pretty amazing, I was in awe seeing the giant wall of the storm come in.

ejeezy24

Neo Member
Im pretty sure the blur has to do with the commanders. Ive been playing domination servers with no commander mode and havent had the blur bs since

So is the save issue with the SP ever going to be fixed on the PS4, so sick of having to start over.

who knows, but just do what i did. first, disable auto-upload for your game save to the cloud. now start the campaign. after it auto-saves when you complete each chapter, quit the game and manually upload the save data to the cloud. then start the game again and continue. this way, if the game crashes and your system save file becomes corrupted, you can just delete it and download the clean cloud data. you can also upload the save data after checkpoints throughout the chapter if you're really paranoid. i was able to complete the campaign this way.

Im pretty sure the blur has to do with the commanders. Ive been playing domination servers with no commander mode and havent had the blur bs since

yeah i thought it was something to do with the opposing commander using an emp.

Pastry

Banned
who knows, but just do what i did. first, disable auto-upload for your game save to the cloud. now start the campaign. after it auto-saves when you complete each chapter, quit the game and manually upload the save data to the cloud. then start the game again and continue. this way, if the game crashes and your system save file becomes corrupted, you can just delete it and download the clean cloud data. you can also upload the save data after checkpoints throughout the chapter if you're really paranoid. i was able to complete the campaign this way.

yeah i thought it was something to do with the opposing commander using an emp.[/QUOTE

The idiotic thing about the EMP Is that it's available for commanders to use like every thirty seconds.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Been playing on Xbox One, its wonderful when it works. However, lately I've been noticing some type of random blurr that occurs in conjunction with a split second red blue green type lining or something. It looks very trippy and its starting to hurt my head. It's the game right?

If it's not the emp as noted, it might be when you're being suppressed by gunfire - people shooting near you but not actually hihitting you.

2real4tv

The sand storm that blows in on Gulf of Oman is one of the sickest things I ever saw in a game. The map starts out sunny but you can see it coming out in the distance over the ocean. 10 minutes later it arrives - sand and trees whipping in the wind. Atmosphere second to none. So badass. DICE are the kings of the genre.

Yeah the scale in this game is incredible. I know everyone talks about Crytek and GG, both good engines but like Dice's engine the most, they don't have a lot limits that other fps have. With destructibility and openness I feel like they are more primed for future gaming. Not sure what map it was but when the weather changed from calm to hurricane type weather had me amazed. In comparison CODG feels so outdated, if they don't make some adjustments and get out of their "Madden like upgrades" YOY they are going to lose some marketshare imo.

Seanspeed

Banned
Dude, It got a plan for $10...Which would you rather buy, $60 for the PS3 version plus $10 upgrade or a $60 PS4 version which is NOT for sale on black friday or $35 for the PS3 plus upgrade on Black Friday...

Something tells me you're not good at figuring out how to find good deals.
I didn't think about that. No need for the insult man. Shit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Started vibrating against the ground during a match today. Really weird, but it cut it out after a minute or so.

TheOther

Neo Member
Played a couple of rounds today on Locker with the Mortar and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how effective it is on that map. Plant it around the first flag and it will usually stand the whole round if you've found a slightly hidden spot for it and since the part of the maps that's outside is pretty narrow it's not hard to rack up loads of kills even with the slow reload time. Just play as normal pushing for whatever and keep going back to the mortar for some easy pickings.

Had my best K/D ration ever with that play style

Ubersnug

Been having a mostly smooth experience playing BF4 on the XOne so far, despite a few kick backs to the main menu and what not. However, has anyone been having any issues getting into games with the second assault maps?

When I do a browse for any servers using the new maps, they all appear to be empty. If I specify servers that are half or mostly full, I get no results at all. If I open up the number of players to any, all I get are empty servers. Are XOne players really ignoring the 4 new maps or is it a buggy browser?

Also, as an aside, the first DVR footage I recorded was on BF4 http://sdrv.ms/1hd8tKk

FFS. My game has been unplayable since R11 patch came out. Constant rubber banding / skipping back and forth all over the place. Fed up with this crap.

Kssio_Aug

Playing PS3 version, and besides some freezing, everything else is working like a charm. Having much fun! Hope it continue that good when my ps4 arrive at the weekend.

Ovid

PS4

I played about eight hours of Rush yesterday and only got two crashes. Framerates were solid and so was the net code.

Conquest is my favorite mode but the lack of 60fps gameplay and rubber banding makes it unplayable at the moment. Also, having 64 players doesnt help.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This R12 server update just broke a lot of the servers again it seems since I can barely finish a round.
Wait a bit til the update rolls out for all servers.

Based? DICE said:
-Fixed an aircraft IR flares exploit where players could use the flares multiple times before reloading by exiting/re-entering the aircraft
Pretty awesome how they can fix that kind of stuff server side. @__@

tuco11

Was trying to find an answer for this and asked it in the PS4 BF4 issues thread. Maybe someone knows here ..

The lack of a crosshair for the mortar in Hardcore (PS4) ..design choice by DICE or game error that needs to be fixed via a patch?

thanks!!

One more thing .. Any tips for becoming a better shot with the RPG against helicopters?

TheOther

Neo Member
Was trying to find an answer for this and asked it in the PS4 BF4 issues thread. Maybe someone knows here ..

The lack of a crosshair for the mortar in Hardcore (PS4) ..design choice by DICE or game error that needs to be fixed via a patch?

thanks!!

One more thing .. Any tips for becoming a better shot with the RPG against helicopters?

Don't have an answer to your question but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a byproduct of them just plain and simply removing the crosshair HUD. Like they have no way of doing exceptions because, yeah, it's a little stupid to remove if for the mortar... Why would you have a weapon you can't aim properly....?!

Ubersnug

I feel like I've looked everywhere but I cannot find where to use those XP bonuses I'm getting in battlepacks. Where do you go to actually use them?

Console - Press 'Start' or whatever brings up the main menu , there should be an option for 'Boosts'

PC - whatever brings up main menu (esc I assume) and select boosts.

Finally got my service star for Attack Jets.

God damn is it satisfying to get kills with JDAM bombs.

I haven't tried the TV missile for the jet yet but, from my experience with the TV missile from BF3, its got to be damn hard to actually get a hit with one AND be in a position after detonation where you aren't too far into a dive to pull up.

I have forgotten how much I enjoyed these games. I have a shitty kdr, but God damn I love jumping on the fray with a random kit. Too much fun. Playing on the PS4.

vixlar

Finally got my service star for Attack Jets.

God damn is it satisfying to get kills with JDAM bombs.

I haven't tried the TV missile for the jet yet but, from my experience with the TV missile from BF3, its got to be damn hard to actually get a hit with one AND be in a position after detonation where you aren't too far into a dive to pull up.

I haven't unlocked the TV missile yet, but I think it could be like laser guided missiles, that the camera is pointing a little down so the plane can maintain its horizontal position.

belmonkey

Has anyone else tried the game on a 7770? I saw a benchmark that showed it managing ~40 FPS on high 1080p, and ~50 FPS on 900p. I didn't think it would hold up that well, so I was wondering if anyone else had any FPS numbers.

Tak3n

Banned
FFS had my first bout of Apathy today, which is concerning especially as I have premium, though I used the Mexican VPN trick so effectively got Premium free...

How the hell people play this game continually for the whole 2 years

Torraz

How does this play on the PS 4 with a controller? Played part 3, for a short while, on the PC, but looking for something on the comfy couch.

Just got into this over the weekend on the new xbox,

I'm not sure why this game's campaign took so much shit in reviews. Sure, the story is barely coherent, but that's pretty much par for the course on these big budget military shooters. That said, I think the game play and set pieces are actually really, really fun. Maybe dumb fun isn't enough anymore, but I really like the environmental destructibility and being able to give the squad orders. Hell, I've even been having a good time with the kinect functionality to peek around corners! Overall, a really solid campaign.

docbon

The sun's been toned down a bit since BF3, but they still insist on placing it at damn near eye level on some of the maps. It feels awful to have sunrays completely obscuring my vision eastward or westward so that DICE can show off their nextgen lighting.

Especially considering every soldier has a helmet visor.

Amneisac

Just got into this over the weekend on the new xbox,

I'm not sure why this game's campaign took so much shit in reviews. Sure, the story is barely coherent, but that's pretty much par for the course on these big budget military shooters. That said, I think the game play and set pieces are actually really, really fun. Maybe dumb fun isn't enough anymore, but I really like the environmental destructibility and being able to give the squad orders. Hell, I've even been having a good time with the kinect functionality to peek around corners! Overall, a really solid campaign.

I agree completely. BF4 > Killzone for the single player campaign. I thought it was pretty well written and well voice acted for the most part. I enjoyed it. Well, except for the Kinect stuff, I'm on PS4, but the campaign isn't bad at all.

AmyS

How does this play on the PS 4 with a controller? Played part 3, for a short while, on the PC, but looking for something on the comfy couch.

Amazingly well on PS4's Dual Shock 4.

DS4 has got to be the best console controller I've ever used. I'm gonna have to get a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom