• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF: Kojipro signing at the Metreon Meetup Thread

Darkpen

Banned
Info thanks to MC Safety:
SAN FRANCISCO
WHERE:
PlayStation Store at Metreon
101 Fourth Street
(415) 369-6000
WHEN:
Saturday, June 14
4 pm-6 pm

TALENT APPEARING:
Mr. Hideo Kojima (Autograph)
Producer Kenichiro Imaizumi
Associate Producer Ryan Payton
Model Yumi Kikuchi

"Fans will be able to purchase a standard edition version of Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots ($59.99 SRP) at the events, as well as a PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid ®4 bundle, which includes a 80GB PLAYSTATION®3, DUALSHOCK®3 Controller and a copy of MGS4 ($499.99 SRP)."

List of GAF members attending:

Darkpen
dr3upmushroom
thrasher
keanerie
rikichi + friend
Auron_Kale + friend
Kobun Heat
ezekial45 + brother
Wario64
Acid08 + friend
SamuraiX-
Ryder
evilone
Marty Chinn
wenis
keanerie
Jimmy Stav
B!TCH (doesn't care about MGS)
Giant Robot
kazuo
muttyeah416
Captain Nemo

If I missed anyone, or if anyone else will be going, please post a reply. I mostly just put up names of people who outright said they will/might go. I'd also like to request the city from which everyone is coming from (or which parts of San Francisco itself) to help people with carpooling and whatnot.

Several people have expressed wanting to hang out prior to lining up (or perhaps hanging out right after the signing, assuming there won't be anything more to the signing event
(like if they decide to use the IMAX or something)
). I suggest people name a place and what kind of place it is (preferebly close to the Metreon corner), and we can all vote. Of course, nothing will ever be final, as it'll mostly be based on whether or not the line is ridiculously humongous.

Original Post:
So, several GAFers have expressed wanting to meetup for the San Francisco signing event that will be taking place on June 14th.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/world/index_en.html

The playstation store where the signing will be taking place is speculated to close shop around 3-4pm to setup, reopening its doors around 6 (tentative information).

Throughout this and next week, this OP will be changed many times, appending things like the bart map, google maps for where the metreon corner is, muni transit, etc.

Considering the London event and what occured there, most of us will be gathering very early in the morning (I'll be leaving Alameda at 5am).

And finally, I'd like to request a roll call of who may be able to attend.

Darkpen

Banned
personally, I'd love to have us meet and just hang out somewhere before it starts, but seeing what happened in London, I don't want to take that risk. I'll just be personally leaving early, just to get a good look at whether or not there are people standing in line incredibly early or not.

googling jillian's online, damn, so many bad reviews for the place.

widgetraf

Why so early? Do they cut off the line at a certain time or something? Can I have my PS3 signed or is that considered rude? :D

keanerie

I'll be there for sure, dunno about that early in the morning though (I live in the city). And how about not going to Jillian's? I've only heard bad things.

Also: what happened in London anyhow?

jiggle

Ledsen said:
So... what happened in London?

keanerie said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11420100&postcount=2987

DSC01396.jpg

keanerie

Oh well the OP seemed to be implying that something really crazy happened. I like Kojima but i'm not going to wait more than a few hours to see the guy.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I might not be able to make it up to SF. I'll pay for someone's copy of the game if they can get me a copy signed too :(

Please let me know. I'm located in San Diego, CA.

I was asking the same in the NYC launch thread, but this is much closer to me.

Does anyone know if they'll let people buy more than 1 copy and get those copies signed?

I'll be heading down to the Metreon probably at 7 or 8 in the morning with a friend. I'll probably check in with them next Tuesday for more information on the specifics.

If any Gaffer lives out in Dublin/Livermore/Pleasanton/San Ramon/Danville area and wants to meet up, let me know as I might just drive instead of taking BART since my friend and I are planning to have dinner in J-Town after the event.

For the meet-up, should we all of GAF line up together?

ezekial45

Banned
I'll be there. I think my bro will come too. So if Gaffers are in line, will they be able to offer backsees/frontsees? Or is that sorta thing frowned upon?

Darkpen

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
I'll be heading down to the Metreon probably at 7 or 8 in the morning with a friend. I'll probably check in with them next Tuesday for more information on the specifics.

If any Gaffer lives out in Dublin/Livermore/Pleasanton/San Ramon/Danville area and wants to meet up, let me know as I might just drive instead of taking BART since my friend and I are planning to have dinner in J-Town after the event.

For the meet-up, should we all of GAF line up together?
most definitely lining up together.

MC Safety

keanerie said:
I'll be there for sure, dunno about that early in the morning though (I live in the city). And how about not going to Jillian's? I've only heard bad things.

Fun Fact:

I was attending a Sony Online video game party at Jillian's and young Mr. Chris Kohler got a chicken wing that was (no lie) a batter-dipped and fried chicken head.

Also, I've eaten at Jillian's before. It's not terrible, but rather average. And overpriced.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'll be there, but I'd prefer to hitch a ride with someone instead of driving there by myself....from San Jose.

Wario64 said:
I'll be there, but I'd prefer to hitch a ride with someone instead of driving there by myself....from San Jose.

Willing to drive to Dublin? I can drive the rest of the way to SF.

Acid08

Banned
It's looking like the friend I was going with wants to go later for some reason so I'm just going to meet him there. I'm 17 so my options are kinda limited. I'll eithe rhave to go with one of my parents, take BART alone really early, or hitch a ride with one someone from Gaf who is driving out there.

If anyone could help that would be amazing. I'll try to provide gas money as well.

SamuraiX-

I'll hopefully be coming. I want to be there around noonish. My question is whether or not GAFers can hold places in line for those of us who get there later. I've heard the autograph signing starts at 4 PM and they close the store early around 2 PM to get everything set up for the signing.

Acid08

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I'll hopefully be coming. I want to be there around noonish. My question is whether or not GAFers can hold places in line for those of us who get there later. I've heard the autograph signing starts at 4 PM and they close the store early around 2 PM to get everything set up for the signing.
Auron_Kale said that the store will be closed either 2-3 or 3-4 and then the signing starts at 4 and ends at 6.

Acid08 said:
It's looking like the friend I was going with wants to go later for some reason so I'm just going to meet him there. I'm 17 so my options are kinda limited. I'll eithe rhave to go with one of my parents, take BART alone really early, or hitch a ride with one someone from Gaf who is driving out there.

If anyone could help that would be amazing. I'll try to provide gas money as well.

If you want a ride - is it possible to meet-up somewhere (like Starbucks at Hacienda Crossings - I live 2 mins. from there)?

Playstation store employee told me: closing 2-3pm for set up, signing begins 4-6pm but details are still not completely final. I'll be checking back with them next week (probably Tuesday).

Momar

aka Ryder
I'm definitely going. I'll be coming out of Berkeley. 5 am eh?

I'll be going alone as well, and while I don't really mind, if other people wanted to meet up and travel together along BART stops, it sounds good to me.

Also, anybody know what the signing policies are going to be like? How many items can we get signed? Will there be games/art/something there to buy to get signed?

Man, I'm gonna be picking up the MGS4 PS3 Bundle, but I really want to get the limited edition copy! If I buy the bundle, will someone here buy the limited edition, then I can trade games and pay the difference? PM me if you're interested! :D

edit: ugh, I'm tired. Legendary -> Limited

evilone

EA Employee
Hey all,

Well this was the info I was talking about last week over dinner with some people at Sony. I will be there so I hope to see some of you there. :D

Wario64 said:

Hey Wario, I'm in San Jose too and thinking of doing this. Maybe we can arrange something.

MC Safety said:
I was attending a Sony Online video game party at Jillian's and young Mr. Chris Kohler got a chicken wing that was (no lie) a batter-dipped and fried chicken head.

I always dreamed about what it would be like, meeting Nolan Bushnell. I did not think that it would be while I was holding the fried head of a chicken, with buffalo sauce dripping down my arm.

AVOID EATING HEAD FOR HIGH SCORE, I would have said had I not been too embarrassed to think.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ill be getting there in the early morning...most like around 8 am or something.some breakfast and drinks would be awesome. maybe we should hit up the thirsty bear?

wenis

keanerie said:
Oh it's at 4? I'll probably be there around 8 then. Denny's for breakfast, you know you want to do it. ;)
o god man...i want to live to see hideo though.

I'll probably be arriving from Petaluma at around 8AM. We should probably designate a meeting spot for those who are coming early so we can be in line together. I doubt people will like us saving spots.

Darkpen

Banned
evilone said:
Hey all,

Well this was the info I was talking about last week over dinner with some people at Sony. I will be there so I hope to see some of you there. :D
I wish they'd take advantage of the IMAX theater somehow, but yet at the same time, I doubt they will.

ToastyFrog said:
Let's drive past and shout spoilers about how the game ends at them!
LOL, NOOOOO!!! don't! D:

But yes, we should designate a place to meet and a time. I'd say we just meet at the corner of the playstation store/metreon. I agree that we should all get into line together, as opposed to camping and "holding places."

This is assuming there isn't already a huge line already waiting in the morning.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
June 14th?

I would have liked to meet up with you guys despite having no interest in the game (sorry) but it's my moms birthday on the 14th so I'll be out of town that weekend. The Metreon is right in my neighbourhood too, SOMA -> South Beach.

BTW, anyone have any ideas on a good birthday gift for my mom? LOL.

Darkpen

Banned
B!TCH said:
June 14th?

I would have liked to meet up with you guys despite having no interest in the game (sorry) but it's my moms birthday on the 14th so I'll be out of town that weekend.

BTW, anyone have any ideas on a good birthday gift for my mom? LOL.
a ps3 and a sony bravia...? hur hur D:

wenis

maybe we should have a designate group of people in line already and once things start building up they give a call? dunno.or we all just meet in front of the metreon at an early time and build up from there.

If you are going early and driving DO NOT park in the parking garage at 5th and Mission. They charge out the ass for parking there and do not validate for any reason. Just to park there for a movie is around $12 bucks so I can't imagine what it would be for all day. Your best bet is to drive up to upper Market and park somewhere up there (beware of 2 hour parking) then take any underground Muni train to Powell Station and walk a block to the signing. Also, you can park more south on 4th street. You can even go as far down as the Giants ball park and the walk up is only about 15 minutes.

Good luck to the drivers.

Darkpen

Banned
wenis said:
maybe we should have a designate group of people in line already and once things start building up they give a call? dunno.or we all just meet in front of the metreon at an early time and build up from there.
i vote for us getting in line up and early, and if anyone's hungry or thirsty, we can hold their place. That's always an option, just as long as that room on the side of the wall is being taken up.

Darkpen said:
i vote for us getting in line up and early, and if anyone's hungry or thirsty, we can hold their place. That's always an option, just as long as that room on the side of the wall is being taken up.

I'm up for this. It's actually the main reason as to why I want to get there really early in the morning because I know that there will most likely be people camping out the night before.

wenis

yeah that sounds like a plan. ill bringing a bag with some protein bars and stuff like that and i dont mind sharing.

Why stop at protein bars when you're surrounded by Mel's Diner, Denny's, Jack in the Box, some liquor store, a couple of Asian restaurants that are on the side of the Yerba Buena parking garage, Jollibee on the corner of 6th...and not to mention Beard Papa and some Swiss chocolatier being right next to St. Patrick's. :lol

Darkpen

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Why stop at protein bars when you're surrounded by Mel's Diner, Denny's, Jack in the Box, some liquor store, a couple of Asian restaurants that are on the side of the Yerba Buena parking garage, Jollibee on the corner of 6th...and not to mention Beard Papa and some Swiss chocolatier being right next to St. Patrick's. :lol
and of course, there's always Burger King across the corner D: (or is that jack?)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MarkMan said:
I might not be able to make it up to SF. I'll pay for someone's copy of the game if they can get me a copy signed too :(

Please let me know. I'm located in San Diego, CA.

I was asking the same in the NYC launch thread, but this is much closer to me.

Does anyone know if they'll let people buy more than 1 copy and get those copies signed?

Anyone :( ?

Damn, I don't want to have to cancel my plans, but if I get desperate I don't know what I'll do... ! lol.

Darkpen

Banned
MarkMan said:
Anyone :( ?

Damn, I don't want to have to cancel my plans, but if I get desperate I don't know what I'll do... ! lol.
But you get David Hayter and our very own Novary, lol D:

Well, I imagine someone who *could* help would need a friend to come with him with that extra purchased copy. Personally, I can't, since I don't have the money (literally), and I'm going alone (with the exception of GAF). Anyone here a kind soul to buy a spare copy and bring a friend to get that signed for him to buy off of him/herself?

wenis

i dont eat fast food and im a vegetarian...so ahaha i cant eat much of the stuff listed.
find me a nice salad though and im there!

i might be able to help out the guy with the problem.i gotta see what kind of money ill have in the coming week.no promises though.

wenis said:
i dont eat fast food and im a vegetarian...so ahaha i cant eat much of the stuff listed.
find me a nice salad though and im there!

i might be able to help out the guy with the problem.i gotta see what kind of money ill have in the coming week.no promises though.

Does Blondies pizza count as fast food? ;P

Top Bottom