• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF: Kojipro signing at the Metreon Meetup Thread

kazuo

PROTIP: Drive to your nearest BART station and ride the train into the city. Driving is a bad bad idea (nowhere to park unless you literally want to drop $100+ for parking).

I might show up if one of my friends decides to tag along. I don't care much for Kojima or MGS, and I don't own a triple, so I have no real reason to stand around in line for hours.

I could always drop by and say whats up even if I don't wait around, though. Would be a good opportunity to meet GAFers IRL. :lol

kazuo said:
PROTIP: Drive to your nearest BART station and ride the train into the city. Driving is a bad bad idea (nowhere to park unless you literally want to drop $100+ for parking).

I might show up if one of my friends decides to tag along. I don't care much for Kojima or MGS, and I don't own a triple, so I have no real reason to stand around in line for hours.

I could always drop by and say whats up even if I don't wait around, though. Would be a good opportunity to meet GAFers IRL. :lol

It sucks because I'm coming from north of SF, and the public transportation is shit. I'll probably have to drive.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Do we know who is going to be at the SF signing? Its a possibility that I may drive up to SF from LA to get Hideos signature to complete my whole Signing (LA has Payton/ Hayter)

MarkMan said:
Anyone :( ?

Damn, I don't want to have to cancel my plans, but if I get desperate I don't know what I'll do... ! lol.

you can roll with me up to SF! :lol

kazuo said:

Uhh, I usually take BART everyday of the work week, so I know how bad driving/parking in the city can be but I know of places where parking can be cheap (and not spend nearly $100) and if I'm carpooling with other people, it's not so bad.

rikichi

g35twinturbo said:
Do we know who is going to be at the SF signing? Its a possibility that I may drive up to SF from LA to get Hideos signature to complete my whole Signing (LA has Payton/ Hayter)

edit: im still praying that yoji shinkawa shows up as a suprise. :D

rikichi said:
edit: im still praying that yoji shinkawa shows up as a suprise. :D

That would be incredibly awesome.

And Auron, can you recommend somewhere to park that wouldn't cost me much? I'm coming in from North of SF.

MC Safety

This is the press release about the various events. I apologize, but I left off the contact information for obvious reasons.

KONAMI TO HOST STAR-STUDDED LAUNCH EVENTS IN NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, AND SAN FRANCISCO FOR THE LONG-AWAITED FINALE TO ONE OF THE
MOST ANTICIPATED PLAYSTATION®3 GAMES TO DATE
METAL GEAR SOLID®4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
More Than A Decade After It All Started, Solid Snake Makes His Final Return In One Of The Most Successful Video Game Franchises Of All Time
Fans Will Get The Opportunity To Meet And Have Their Copy Of The Game Autographed By Series Creator Mr. Hideo Kojima
Or The Voice Of Solid Snake David Hayter
Along With Other Creative Talent Behind The Groundbreaking Game
*Please note, talent varies by market and autographs will be limited during the event period
WHAT: Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots is one of the most anticipated PLAYSTATION®3 games to date. Hosted by Konami, Best Buy in West Hollywood along with Virgin Megastore In Times Square, NY are opening their doors just prior to midnight on June 11 to allow fans the first opportunity to get their hands on Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots. Additionally, a special event at the PlayStation Store in the Metreon in San Francisco two days later on June 14 will take place from 4-6 pm. At all three events, fans will have the opportunity to meet the extraordinary talent behind this instant classic, including Series creator Mr. Hideo Kojima or the voice of main character Solid Snake, David Hayter, along with Producer Kenichiro Imaizumi and Associate Producer Ryan Payton, as well as Ms. Yumi Kikuchi, one of the real-life models used as the template for the game's fearsome enemies known as the "Beauties."
The fourth installment of one of the most popular video game franchises of all time, Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots features a cinematic experience and visual masterpiece that will break new ground for the stealth-action genre. The Metal Gear Solid series has been around for more than a decade, sold millions of units, and has garnered critical acclaim worldwide. Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots, a PLAYSTATION®3 exclusive, pushes the graphics and gameplay of the franchise to new heights.
Fans will be able to purchase a standard edition version of Metal Gear Solid®4: Guns of the Patriots ($59.99 SRP) at the events, as well as a PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid ®4 bundle, which includes a 80GB PLAYSTATION®3, DUALSHOCK®3 Controller and a copy of MGS4 ($499.99 SRP).
Details on the autograph events in your market include:
LOS ANGELES
WHERE:
Best Buy
1015 N La Brea Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90038
(323) 883-0219
WHEN:
Wednesday, June 11
11:45 pm - 1:00am
TALENT APPEARING:
David Hayter (Voice of Solid Snake)
Producer Kenichiro Imaizumi
Associate Producer Ryan Payton
NEW YORK
WHERE:
Virgin Megastore
1540 Broadway
Bet. 45th & 46th Street
(212) 921-1020
WHEN:
Wednesday, June 11
11:45 pm - 1:30am
TALENT APPEARING:
Mr. Hideo Kojima (Autographs)
Model Yumi Kikuchi
SAN FRANCISCO
WHERE:
PlayStation Store at Metreon
101 Fourth Street
(415) 369-6000
WHEN:
Saturday, June 14
4 pm-6 pm
TALENT APPEARING:
Mr. Hideo Kojima (Autograph)
Producer Kenichiro Imaizumi
Associate Producer Ryan Payton
Model Yumi Kikuchi

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I wonder what they mean by limited signatures ??

Just the items you buy there? iirc Ryan said you can bring some stuff to sign but of course don't be a douche about it.

SamuraiX-

I so want signatures from Kojima, Yumi, Ryan, and Ken. Is there just like a big line going to the front and then you go from Kojima to Ryan to Ken to Yumi (not in that order exactly) to have them all sign copy? I really hope so.

Btw, how are we supposed to meet? We should hella wear a GAF symbol on the front of our shirts. :lol

Darkpen

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I so want signatures from Kojima, Yumi, Ryan, and Ken. Is there just like a big line going to the front and then you go from Kojima to Ryan to Ken to Yumi (not in that order exactly) to have them all sign copy? I really hope so.

Btw, how are we supposed to meet? We should hella wear a GAF symbol on the front of our shirts. :lol

I was thinking we could meet at the metreon entrance on the corner (which I also believe is the corner of the building w/ the playstation store)
g35twinturbo said:

you can roll with me up to SF! :lol
LA <-> SF is like an 8-10 hour drive D:

Darkpen said:
I was thinking we could meet at the metreon entrance on the corner (which I also believe is the corner of the building w/ the playstation store)

8 to 10? More like 5.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Darkpen said:

Oh I know I have family out there, but it takes me 6 :)

Jimmy Stav said:
You know how much it costs to park there all day?

I think it cost maybe $32 for all day...though they might have raised it since the last time I parked there (this was probably around Feb.)

Edit: Just checked the site - it's $30 for all day.

widgetraf

Jimmy Stav said:
You know how much it costs to park there all day?

Like $30, not bad imo. If you carpool with 3 other people, it comes out to $7.50 per person. That's pretty good for a car full of GAFfers.

widgetraf said:
Like $30, not bad imo. If you carpool with 3 other people, it comes out to $7.50 per person. That's pretty good for a car full of GAFfers.

The unfortunate part about that is that is since I'm coming from Petaluma, I'll probably be going alone.

I don't want to pay $30...

Jimmy Stav said:
The unfortunate part about that is that is since I'm coming from Petaluma, I'll probably be going alone.

I don't want to pay $30...

There are a few places along the Embarcadero that have all-day parking ranging from $11-$15 but I imagine that they can fill up quickly for people visiting Fisherman's Warf/Ghiradellli Square. The walk from there to the Metreon is at least 5-6 blocks so if you're up for it, it's not too bad.

Also, no street parking until after 6pm - yet if this event were on a Sunday, then street parking is free.

Acid08

Banned
Wow I feel like dying right now. I totally forgot about this all day class I signed up for on the 14th. I have to go to get into college :(. This is so awful. I was so close to meeting Kojima.

The only options I have right now are give my LE to a trust worthy SF Gaf member to get it signed for me(I'd love you forever :(.) Or get my dad to go and wait in line for me a a graduation present.

The class is in Hayward and ends at 3:30. I'm not sure if there will be enough time for em to get to BART, go to SF, and get my place in line with Gaf if they're so kind as to hold me a spot.

Darkpen

Banned
Acid08 said:
Wow I feel like dying right now. I totally forgot about this all day class I signed up for on the 14th. I have to go to get into college :(. This is so awful. I was so close to meeting Kojima.

The only options I have right now are give my LE to a trust worthy SF Gaf member to get it signed for me(I'd love you forever :(.) Or get my dad to go and wait in line for me a a graduation present.

The class is in Hayward and ends at 3:30. I'm not sure if there will be enough time for em to get to BART, go to SF, and get my place in line with Gaf if they're so kind as to hold me a spot.
if you get to bart right after class, you would probably get to the line by 4:30, assuming delays of all kinds. We'd definitely hold a place in line for you, as I imagine it'd be pretty packed for no one to care if someone's moving in... unless they do a person count. I can't promise anything though, since the event supposedly starts at 4:00. Your best bet would be to convince your dad to do it for you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
shit. sooo tempted to go to this (or have my GF) and pick up the mgs4 bundle...

SamuraiX-

dr3upmushroom said:
I'm in leaving from Modesto if anyone wants to ride with me. I hope I'm not to late (Fucking work).

I'll be driving from up top in Sacramento. It'll take me about 2 hours to get down there. Hopefully traffic doesn't suck ass.

How long is the drive gonna be for you?

I am up for this.

Auron_Kale, I was wondering if I can carpool with you since I'm not too familiar with SF (a crime considering I've lived here for half of my life). I'm located in Danville so getting to Hacienda is not a problem. I'll chip in gas+parking $ of course.

SamuraiX- said:
I'll be driving from up top in Sacramento. It'll take me about 2 hours to get down there. Hopefully traffic doesn't suck ass.

How long is the drive gonna be for you?
Don't know, I'm hoping there's still a spot to stand in line when I get there because I have work in the morning. I'm guessing 2 hours tops.

Captain Nemo said:
I am up for this.

Auron_Kale, I was wondering if I can carpool with you since I'm not too familiar with SF (a crime considering I've lived here for half of my life). I'm located in Danville so getting to Hacienda is not a problem. I'll chip in gas+parking $ of course.

Cool. I'll try to get a hold of my friend, and let you know what we plan.

Cronox

Banned
Assuming I've already picked up my LE up in -------- I'd be up for this, but I'm not so sure about spending so many hours waiting in line. Maybe I'll feel differently after playing MGS3 later this week. If I am at my -- apartment I might show up an hour or so before the event starts. It just depends on a lot of factors for me.

Olaeh

I'm so damn tempted to go to this... But I just blew a load of money... and I really don't wanna go unless I can spend money.

Momar

aka Ryder
Man, consolidating all MGS fans into one place... spoiler hell? Do I really have to rush through the game and beat it before the 14th? I'd like to sleep at least once :(

Cronox said:
Assuming I've already picked up my LE up in Pleasanton I'd be up for this, but I'm not so sure about spending so many hours waiting in line. Maybe I'll feel differently after playing MGS3 later this week. If I am at my SF apartment I might show up an hour or so before the event starts. It just depends on a lot of factors for me.
the event will be packed atleast over 300 people

there were lines for sony ps3 launch, lines for the god of war 2, lines for the psp launch of Final Fantasy 1 &2 for the psp, and Starwars Battlefront psp.

Ryder said:
Man, consolidating all MGS fans into one place... spoiler hell? Do I really have to rush through the game and beat it before the 14th? I'd like to sleep at least once :(
I got two days off of work just for this reason.

Acid08

Banned
Ryder said:
Yeah I brought this up in the official thread. You just KNOW that there will be people talking loudly about the ending.

rikichi

dasupremeone said:
the event will be packed atleast over 300 people

there were lines for sony ps3 launch, lines for the god of war 2, lines for the psp launch of Final Fantasy 1 &2 for the psp, and Starwars Battlefront psp.

i was wondering where the lines would usually form. is there a particular place where they tell people to wait in line?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the line usually forms right in between the sony store/playstation store doors.

dont forget earplugs/really loud music :D

SSnake

I am hoping to be there. I'll be coming from Vallejo, but I don't know if I am driving or taking BART yet.

Darkpen

Banned
rikichi said:
i was wondering where the lines would usually form. is there a particular place where they tell people to wait in line?
the previous time I lined up at the metreon, it was from the corner of 4th and mission, on the side of the building that isn't directly connected to the Playstation store. However, I remember reading (and seeing pictures) of a side of the Sony store that I'd never seen before, for when they did God of War II.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
any word on what we can bring to get signed?

I want to get my game sleeves signed but obviously getting 4 things signed is a bit much so im just checking right now...gotta make the crucial decision what i want signed now haha.

Top Bottom