• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF: Kojipro signing at the Metreon Meetup Thread

Cronox

Banned
I was making plans to come to the Metreon in the morning, but I don't know about having to buy something. And if the "sign the slip" thing is enforced it will have been for nothing... I'll check back with this thread again later tonight, hopefully it'll be figured out by then.

Crayon

Cronox said:
I was making plans to come to the Metreon in the morning, but I don't know about having to buy something. And if the "sign the slip" thing is enforced it will have been for nothing... I'll check back with this thread again later tonight, hopefully it'll be figured out by then.

Where do you live?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
kazuo said:
Guys I can't go, I have to cover for someone at work on saturday. Sucks but what can I do? Besides, it's 8 hours of OT so woot woot!

Someone help out MarkMan, I feel bad cause I told him I'd handle getting him a sign and now I had to bail. :(

Have fun guys

Yea, someone help me out ;)

Please!

I'll make it worth your while...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone still gonna bring their own stuff to get signed? This is my only concern. Im not buying another copy to get the game signed, or to get my own stuff signed. I'll be happy if I can get at least get my Subsistence LE signed

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Are you allowed to give a handshake? Somebody please give Kojima a firm, confident handshake for me, I love that man.

Wario64 said:
Anyone still gonna bring their own stuff to get signed? This is my only concern. Im not buying another copy to get the game signed, or to get my own stuff signed. I'll be happy if I can get at least get my Subsistence LE signed

My Subsitence LE is all I'm bringing.

Anyway, what is the official meet time? I'll be there around 8-8:30.

I'm willing to meet up with anyone who will be around then.

Darkpen

Banned
I'm bringing my LE strat guide, my LE box, and MGS2:S. Since Novery will be there, maybe I'll bring MPO too D:

But seriously, what the hell D:

Uhh, so I guess I'm just going to ask people if they're from GAF and we'll go from there.

Look for a young fella with a black coat and grey t-shirt. That would be me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ill be there around 9-930...ill be there with a nametag on and my camera out shooting pictures of the cosplayers :)

Shadow780 said:
There was one guy who brought a FOXHOUND Gamecube which I never saw before, Hideo was amazed too by checking it out.

It was the Twin Snakes bundle they've sold in japan. I just hope he didn't bring the Metal Gear port that was included in the bundle, it was the NES version and Hideo hates it. :lol

FoxhoundGamecube.jpg

Just a heads up if you get the Limited Edition MGS4 signed. After you peel the plastic wrap off of it, there's another thins sticker layer thing that's really closely put on. Otherwise it's very glossy and he'll be signing a removable sticker.

Good luck, Wario and everyone else. Pay your respects!

Thin sticker? Really? I had no idea. Good heads up. I should be taking Wario so I'll see you guys in a couple hours. I'll be wearing jeans, a blue Sega shirt that says GAMER in the sega font, and probably a black jacket.

posting from the line.

The line is fairly long already. If any of you see someone with a grey shirt, black jacket and black messenger bag, don't be a stranger

SamuraiX-

Hey dude, how many people you got down there already? I'm leaving in about an hour hopefully and should be there before noon... Think I'll be able to get something signed?

EDIT: And can I really just cut all those people to get to you? :lol

FYI, I'll be wearing some blue jeans and a dark gray t-shirt with a kinda a pimped out "H" symbol on the front. I might wring a sweatshirt too since I know it can be pretty cold in Frisco. :O

SamuraiX- said:
Hey dude, how many people you got down there already? I'm leaving in about an hour hopefully and should be there before noon... Think I'll be able to get something signed?

There are about 50 people, you should be okay

SamuraiX-

Jimmy Stav said:
There are about 50 people, you should be okay

Oh, that's not too bad at all... And to clarify, this is at the PlayStation Store right? Is there any employee there saying how many people exactly will be able to get things signed? Because I know we only have 2 hours from 4-6.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We're at the end of the line now...we probably just passed you Jimmy. Where are you in the line exactly?

Darkpen

Banned
aw fuck, how long is the line now? D: shiiiiet. I woke up earlier, but I didn't feel like leaving at 4 in the morning D:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We're looking at approx. 190 people here maybe...we're directly across Moscone West Jimmy. We got a little blanket/mat. Im the unshaven asian dude, marty is in his "gamer" shirt with the misses and we got the token white dude with us too.

Marty Chinn said:
Thin sticker? Really? I had no idea. Good heads up. I should be taking Wario so I'll see you guys in a couple hours. I'll be wearing jeans, a blue Sega shirt that says GAMER in the sega font, and probably a black jacket.
Yeah, it's really thin. Don't use anything other than your nails to try to peel it off. And there's a paper on the back of it that's carefully stuck on. Slowly peel it off and take the MGS4 case out (it's exactly the same as the regular version) and if you can get that signed too, go for it, because you can always get the regular version again to place it in the Limited Edition box. That's what I and a few others did.

Darkpen said:
could one of you guys pretend like you were holding a spot for me? :lol D:
i did it for a lurking gaffer, but only because I recognized his "believe" reference. REMEMBER WHAT YOU SWORE! :lol

Darkpen

Banned
okay, I'm heading out now. I'll try to find marty, then try to find you, and see what's up, lol D:

"unshaven asian dude with a mat?" D:

kozmo7

Marty Chinn said:

Yeah, there is a very thin clear piece of plastic sticker on both parts [top and bottom half] of the front of the MGS4 LE box.

Shadow780

The Bookerman said:
It was the Twin Snakes bundle they've sold in japan. I just hope he didn't bring the Metal Gear port that was included in the bundle, it was the NES version and Hideo hates it. :lol

FoxhoundGamecube.jpg

Damn that's one good looking console.

Momar

aka Ryder
For anyone that's there and is posting by mobile, would it be worth hopping a BART from downtown berkeley to powell station to get my LE signed? Line too long? Not signing outside stuff?

I wasn't feeling well last night and couldn't get to head out early :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Update: Kojima and co will NOT be signing stuff you bring in, but they are providing a special cover slip (one with REX on it) to autograph. You can take pictures with him too I think, but they will not sign the game.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wario64 said:
Update: Kojima and co will NOT be signing stuff you bring in, but they are providing a special cover slip (one with REX on it) to autograph. You can take pictures with him too I think, but they will not sign the game.

Wow that sucks, but that is cool you can take a picture with him...

Someone sell me their slip cover ;(

kozmo7

Wow David Hayter will be there too? And Yoji Shinkawa? Oh man, aren't you guys nervous to meet them?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
David Hayter is not here but one of the B&B's will be here (the asian one). They are setting up now...they got 80gb bundles lined up at front and they have the signing booth setup. 2 more hours...

kozmo7

Wario64 said:
Update: no pictures, no handshakes...only signing 2 things...slipcover and PS3 gunmetal.

Jeez, no touching? I was hoping someone would bear hug Kojima and take a picture for me :\ I guess bowing is still an option.

Top Bottom