• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF: Kojipro signing at the Metreon Meetup Thread

Acid08 said:
Yeah I brought this up in the official thread. You just KNOW that there will be people talking loudly about the ending.

I hope not...I really doubt I will be able to finish it in two days and don't want to rush the experience. Hopefully everyone will be courteous.

rikichi

wenis said:
the line usually forms right in between the sony store/playstation store doors.

dont forget earplugs/really loud music :D

Darkpen said:
the previous time I lined up at the metreon, it was from the corner of 4th and mission, on the side of the building that isn't directly connected to the Playstation store. However, I remember reading (and seeing pictures) of a side of the Sony store that I'd never seen before, for when they did God of War II.

so basically whoever get there first will be able to start the line?

again, ill probably get in line between 8am-9am. i'm sure by that time there will be some people already in line.

damn, so excited!

still deciding whether i want kojima to sign my JP LE cover or my US LE cover.

I'll be going down to the Playstation store tomorrow to check if they have all of the final details for the event - getting pretty stoked about Saturday.

I'll now trying to decide what version to get signed - US LE or JP LE...but I'd also like to have my 'Dissolve' poster signed if it's possible...

So yeah, I'll be sure to pack my headphones for the wait, as well as some CalorieMate (actually bought some yesterday) and bottles of Japanese iced coffee...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I posted in B/S/T thread :(

MarkMan said:
I am definitely interested.

IN FACT, anyone reading this, please know I'm interested!

I'm willing to pay for YOUR copy of MGS4 as well. I'll even trade an LE for it (even though you won't be able to get that signed :( ) !

Also willing to trade some classic games for it if money ain't what you're looking for.

I have all the goods... Suikoden IIs, Panzer Dragoons, etc...

If anyone would be kindly to help ;)

--

I'd drive up myself (from San Diego), but I really can't make it anymore, I have plans that I can't cancel :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I posted in B/S/T thread :(

MarkMan said:
I am definitely interested.

IN FACT, anyone reading this, please know I'm interested!

I'm willing to pay for YOUR copy of MGS4 as well. I'll even trade an LE for it (even though you won't be able to get that signed :( ) !

Also willing to trade some classic games for it if money ain't what you're looking for.

I have all the goods... Suikoden IIs, Panzer Dragoons, etc...

If anyone would be kindly to help ;)

--

I'd drive up myself (from San Diego), but I really can't make it anymore, I have plans that I can't cancel :(

kazuo

MarkMan, sent a PM. I GOT YOU, SON

Also I might be bringing four of my friends with me. That's kinda up in the air ATM, though.

Also, about the line, I'm going to laugh my ass off if this ends up like the PS3 launch where there were two different lines.

Someone call them, ask for a manager and ask where they want NeoGAF to set up the line. :lol

Darkpen

Banned
nice to see that this thread's been alive. But yeah, could someone ask the playstation store manager where the line will be setup? I'll be heading down there real early in the morning, if there aren't people camping already.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
kazuo said:
MarkMan, sent a PM. I GOT YOU, SON

Also I might be bringing four of my friends with me. That's kinda up in the air ATM, though.

Also, about the line, I'm going to laugh my ass off if this ends up like the PS3 launch where there were two different lines.

Someone call them, ask for a manager and ask where they want NeoGAF to set up the line. :lol

THANKS... I got it and replied.

Let me know how we can organize this ;) !

I got word from a friend of mine that they'll only be signing slipcovers that are provided and the game if you purchase it there at the Playstation store.

Kinda sucks that they won't be able to sign anything else, but I'm going to go down to the Playstation store and confirm all of the details for Saturday.

So...any idea on how we can identify one another while waiting/getting in line? Not really looking forward to asking random people "Are you ______ from NeoGAF?"

Auron_Kale said:
I got word from a friend of mine that they'll only be signing slipcovers that are provided and the game if you purchase it there at the Playstation store.

Kinda sucks that they won't be able to sign anything else, but I'm going to go down to the Playstation store and confirm all of the details for Saturday.

So...any idea on how we can identify one another while waiting/getting in line? Not really looking forward to asking random people "Are you ______ from NeoGAF?"

Holy shit, that is terrible.

So if you have the LE, you're going to get a slipcover signed for an edition of the game you don't have?

rikichi

Auron_Kale said:

i call bullshit.

i'm still bringing my JP LE cover.

Just got back - they'll only be signing the provided slipcovers and a copy of the game (if you purchase one there).

Here's the flyer:
DSC00169.jpg

From what I'm told, it's basically Konami running the show - the Playstation store is basically just the host for the event so they have no control over what/what doesn't get signed.

They're also giving away stuff (one item that I saw in-store, but couldn't take a picture of it) so yeah...

Auron_Kale said:
Just got back - they'll only be signing the provided slipcovers and a copy of the game (if you purchase one there).

Here's the flyer:
DSC00169.jpg

From what I'm told, it's basically Konami running the show - the Playstation store is basically just the host for the event so they have no control over what/what doesn't get signed.

They're also giving away stuff (one item that I saw in-store, but couldn't take a picture of it) so yeah...

Jesus, if I can't bring my own stuff then I may not even go. I can't afford to buy the damn game twice.

Are their any gaffers that are willing to buy and get a copy signed for me? I don't live near any of the signings. I would gladly transfer you money for the game and shipping through PayPayl if you could help me out. You'd be my hero if you could do this.

Christ, I can't believe that Konami thinks that people who are big enough fans of Metal Gear to wait in line outside of the Metreon to meet Kojima would wait two days after the release of the game to get it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That sucks if the sign literally means you have to buy the game. I would like to get at least 2 things signed too...autographs on my LE MGS3:Subsistence and MGS4. Subsistence especially since that thing is rare.

Give NeoGAFFers some love.

rikichi

Auron_Kale said:
You'll see...:D Like I said, the one item I saw was a give-away, but even the store employees weren't sure as to what else Konami has planned.

I cant fuckin wait man!

Might go down to the metreon tomorrow to check what that 'item' is. :D

Crayon

snack said:
Come on now one can buy and get me a copy signed. I'd pay for the game and shipping.

grr......

I live closeby in Berkely. And I wand to meet Kojima and ask him for ZOE3 myself.

And if he can't sign my MGS1 notebook (preorder deal with the metal cover, remember?) and he can't sign my ZOE2... and he can't sign my PS3.... then. Well.

Grrr. I'll think about it.

Crayon said:
grr......

I live closeby in Berkely. And I wand to meet Kojima and ask him for ZOE3 myself.

And if he can't sign my MGS1 notebook (preorder deal with the metal cover, remember?) and he can't sign my ZOE2... and he can't sign my PS3.... then. Well.

Grrr. I'll think about it.
I would love you long time!

I will pay for your copy of he game if you can buy me a copy, get it signed and ship it to me. I will reimburse you for my copy, the shipping and I will persnally purchase your copy for you.

Crayon

snack said:
I will pay for your copy of he game if you can buy me a copy, get it signed and ship it to me. I will reimburse you for my copy, the shipping and I will persnally purchase your copy for you.

Damn, superfan! That's a deal!

Guess I'll see you nerds there. =D

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i hear theres already a line forming at the metreon...any verification on that?

wenis said:

Curious... I'll go check it out after work today...was actually going to stop by the store anyway (I had some Beard Papa yesterday and have been craving more - the strawberries & cream puff was awesome :O).

ezekial45

Banned
wenis said:

I was just there. I didn't see any lines outside.

Ok, so how are we gonna do this? Are we gonna meet after the event has started? Or before?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
im probably thinking its best to meet before.
hopefully one of us starts the line. ill be wearing a name tag.

kazuo

Guys I can't go, I have to cover for someone at work on saturday. Sucks but what can I do? Besides, it's 8 hours of OT so woot woot!

Someone help out MarkMan, I feel bad cause I told him I'd handle getting him a sign and now I had to bail. :(

Have fun guys

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not too sure if I'm going now... if I can get one of my stuff signed I'll go but if not, then I'll have to reconsider. Getting only a slipcover signed is meh. Plus I want to carpool with someone

Also how early you guys think we'd have to be there?

Chromax

Wario64 said:
Also how early you guys think we'd have to be there?

That's what I want to know, 2 hours should be enough for them to go through a decent amount of autographs right? I hope I don't have to go at like 2 am or something...

Darkpen

Banned
lol wut, no, I don't want to buy MGS4 at the playstation store.

I already bought MGS4 LE and the LE guide at GS yesterday morning :|

The hell D:

I'll probably go, but... errgh.

Momar

aka Ryder
You guys are gonna have to count me out on this one :-/

I got the SE with the bundle and an LE from a GS pre-order. If I can't get my own stuff signed, I'm not gonna buy a third :-/

As awesome as Kojima is, unless shaking his hand will give me god-like powers, I'm gonna have to skip this event.

Shadow780

Don't worry guys, They've had a similar sign like that in front of Virgin Megastore, but you can have anything signed by the crew. Just make a purchase and pick anything you want him to sign. You can always return the copy later.

Darkpen

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Don't worry guys, They've had a similar sign like that in front of Virgin Megastore, but you can have anything signed by the crew. Just make a purchase and pick anything you want him to sign. You can always return the copy later.
wait, DO you have to buy something? because that would suck regardless

Shadow780

Darkpen said:
wait, DO you have to buy something? because that would suck regardless

I don't know about the SF event, but at Virgin megastore you HAVE to make a purchase. However, you can choose whatever you want Hideo to sign. he's very friendly, smiles a lot.

It's the store staffs who are douchebags, they kept interactivity to a minimum and try to get ppl out of the store as fast as they can.

Shadow780 said:
I don't know about the SF event, but at Virgin megastore you HAVE to make a purchase. However, you can choose whatever you want Hideo to sign. he's very friendly, smiles a lot.

It's the store staffs who are douchebags, they kept interactivity to a minimum and try to get ppl out of the store as fast as they can.

Well, I hope that you're right, and judging by the Virgin pics it seems like you are, so I'll just bring my MGS4 'Dissolve' poster anyway for signing...as well as have the slipcover & maybe an extra copy of the game signed as well.

keanerie

Uguu~ I can't make it guys, I'm going to a friend's graduation in Santa Cruz tomorrow...

Will be down near the Metreon in a few minutes, though, so I can check if there are people.

Top Bottom