• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronito

Any one planning on going to the grand parade on the 22nd? I'll most likely be there with the wife and kiddles.

Any one planning on going to the grand parade on the 22nd? I'll most likely be there with the wife and kiddles.

Yeah, I was thinking about checking out the festival that weekend since I will be out of town on the 14th and 15th. Grab food, alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, or whatever. I'm semi-family friendly until I've had too much to drink lol We can meet up if you're down.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dbtbi.gif

Honestly next Saturday works better for me.

I will destroy you.

I think I will die under the weight of my workload first.

But seriously, I'd be way more up for going if the festival wasn't going on. That I'd have to take BART (parking, etc.) makes this into an all-day thing, which is more than I can handle at the moment.

Please don't destroy me <3<3<3

Sucks that I can't take part in either of these meet-ups this time. Errands to run today and Sunday I have other commitments.

Hopefully we can do something in May. For kicks, I'll be at Fanime in so if anyone's up for hanging out in San Jose, I should be around.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm okay meeting at the festival next weekend (Saturday). Does that work for folks? I know a couple of people were already going that day.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe. I'm really glad were not soon anything today I'm still wearing pajama pants. I think next weekend I was gonna go for a bike ride in SF. which may be perfect for meeting but also might be the opposite of perfect. I can't really see that far ahead.

Anyone up for another meet up sometime in the near future? I was thinking sometime in mid-July down in the Mission near 24th. La Taqueria and/or Rosamunde?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone up for another meet up sometime in the near future? I was thinking sometime in mid-July down in the Mission near 24th. La Taqueria and/or Rosamunde?

as long as we do more roaming and drinking. The longest we should stay in one spot is like an hour and a half...two tops.

Acid08

Banned

Definitely down. I'm going on vacation starting July 27th so anytime before that is good for me.

as long as we do more roaming and drinking. The longest we should stay in one spot is like an hour and a half...two tops.
I missed out on the first meetup. I'm down to do next with you fellas, depending on the day.
I was just thinking of asking about interest in another meet up. I'd be happy to go to the Mission.
Definitely down. I'm going on vacation starting July 27th so anytime before that is good for me.
Cool, I'll get crackin' on something in the next few days. Hopefully we can drum up a few more Bay Area GAFfers, too. Do Saturday evenings work best for everyone?

I was thinking Friday, July 13th in the Mission close to 24th St BART. Meet up sometime between 6-8pm, and we'll pick a second location to head to after that. Does that work for people?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If I can get the night off work I'm there for a spooky Friday the 13th outing. Acrid, we could actually coordinate and take the same bus. It's sorta a big IF though.

Saturday would be 100% GO for me though.

Acid08

Banned
Fridays suck for me, I work at 7:30 every Saturday morning. If the 13th ends up being the day I'll see if I can get it off, otherwise I'll just have to leave early.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Either day works for me, though Saturday is slightly better since I'll have the whole rest of the day to be a bum.

Where are people thinking we start?

I'm up to coming along. It'd be nice to meet some local gaffers. What better way to celebrate ones birthday than with a group of strangers! I assume alcohol consumption will be involved?

Would be down for another GAF meet-up in July or whenever.

Anyone planning on doing the flashlight tour at Winchester on Friday the 13th?

It sounds like a lot of people are going to have problems with a Friday night meet up, so Saturday is a better bet. Unfortunately, I'm busy on the 14th, so I'm going to set this up for Saturday, July 21st. I hope that date works for most people - should be a good time. I'll get a new thread up in a few days and we can start coordinating there.

Where are people thinking we start?
I was thinking of Rosamunde so people can get something to eat if they want. It's right next to the BART station, too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in!
It's either take a bus or don't drink so I'll probably have to leave around midnight. So the earlier the better.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm in!
It's either take a bus or don't drink so I'll probably have to leave around midnight. So the earlier the better.
If you have that Saturday free let's just go into SF early and bounce around random spots until hitting up the Mission for the meet up!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah! I just sent you and acid a pm saying basically the same thing!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
21st sounds good. As long as I don't have any crunch or overtime at work that requires a weekend shift, it's all good. And I'll have cash to throw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom