• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;35550296 said:
Is there going to be another meet in the city? I don't like leaving town much really, especially in the direction of Oakland. gross

Think some people want a GDC meet.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Should we start a separate thread for the GDC meetup? Thursday there's an indie games party that was on Kickstarter, so not sure if that'll be the best day for it, though I'm sure there's parties all week.

Acid08

Banned
I'm prepared to make the GDC thread. Would really prefer for it to be on Friday if everyone is good with that.

Not aware of a very good meeting place though, suggestions?

I'm prepared to make the GDC thread. Would really prefer for it to be on Friday if everyone is good with that.

Not aware of a very good meeting place though, suggestions?

The bar we were (oh excuse me you weren't =p) at for the timedog meet was good, might be packed due to GDC though. Should ask around.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Only Saturdays work for me, but I need to save money soo.. see you guys next time around.

AcridMeat

Banned
Only Saturdays work for me, but I need to save money soo.. see you guys next time around.
I...also don't have money but if somethings happening I would probably try to go still. Perhaps. Otherwise I'm renting *Batteries Not Included and/or Mortal Kombat and making a drinking game out of it.

Acid08

Banned
Yo Bay Area fam, Acrid and I are going to be venturing to Southtown Arcade for gamez and drinks and stuff. If you wanna come by please do!

You guys doing a meetup again soon? I only know a few people in the city and would like to hang. Plus I'm kind of an introvert so I need to get out! Anyone going to NCR that would like to meetup and maybe get plastered on booze, plants, or whatever during the evening and shoot the shit? lol Hell, if anyone wants to meet up any time just pm me. Bay area peeps in this thread seem a bit wishy washy with this shit!

Yo Bay Area fam, Acrid and I are going to be venturing to Southtown Arcade for gamez and drinks and stuff. If you wanna come by please do!

I wish I would have seen this. I was at Southtown Saturday and would have liked to say hi.

AcridMeat

Banned
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36184224 said:
I wish I would have seen this. I was at Southtown Saturday and would have liked to say hi.

What, so were we. Were you there for the tournament? If you saw two dudes playing that ridiculous Japanese mini-game collection in the back corner that was us.

What, so were we. Were you there for the tournament? If you saw two dudes playing that ridiculous Japanese mini-game collection in the back corner that was us.

Yeah, I saw you guys. I was the the skinny white dude in girls jeans (proud of it), black glasses, and grey flat brim SF hat. Pretty standard white guy into asian girls you see all over town. Was playing SSFIV. Played decent in my matches but hella choked and went 2 and out lol. I probably said "excuse me" to you guys at some point trying to get to the SSFIV cab in the back corner lol And then gave you shitty looks afterwards cause that game is so fun but so fucking loud hahaha

But yeah, I'm living in the city... The very start of Inner Richmond right before it turns into boresville moms jogging with big wheel stroller territory. Southtown is only like 20 min muni ride unless it is is rush hour with work and school and shit just getting out. I'm down to meet up at Southtown or wherever any time you guys want.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36188284 said:
Yeah, I saw you guys. I was the the skinny white dude in girls jeans (proud of it), black glasses, and grey flat brim SF hat. Pretty standard white guy into asian girls you see all over town. Was playing SSFIV. Played decent in my matches but hella choked and went 2 and out lol. I probably said "excuse me" to you guys at some point trying to get to the SSFIV cab in the back corner lol And then gave you shitty looks afterwards cause that game is so fun but so fucking loud hahaha

But yeah, I'm living in the city... The very start of Inner Richmond right before it turns into boresville moms jogging with big wheel stroller territory. Southtown is only like 20 min muni ride unless it is is rush hour with work and school and shit just getting out. I'm down to meet up at Southtown or wherever any time you guys want.

wat.

robox

damn, i had thought about checkin' out south town arcade over the weekend. didn't end up going though. if i saw the post, i'd definitely have gone.

acid, acrid: as an nhl-gaf lurker, i'll bring the annoying canucks fandom to y'all faces. though i've been way outta the loop since relocating down here.

East Bay > SF. Enjoy your inflated prices.

Inflated prices? You can find amazing food, stuff, booze, things, and whatever else on the cheap. Just gotta look a bit and avoid areas with tourist prices. Trying to find parking and paying for garages is what really fucking sucks though. But whatever, it's just different levels of poor for me right now. I might be less poor somewhere else, but still poor all the same.

And nothing against the east bay really. It's more being in the general vicinity of Oakland that is gross. No offense to anyone living in Oakland... but still you know.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone up for coming out to the Cherry Blossom festival in Japan Town this coming Saturday(the 14th)?

Sounds like Acrid, Jimmy Stav, and I are the group right now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for coming out to the Cherry Blossom festival in Japan Town this coming Saturday(the 14th)?

Sounds like Acrid, Jimmy Stav, and I are the group right now.
Acrid sent me a textie about it. I might be game. Pretty much just depends on if I'm not feeling lazy.

robox

i made some plans to check out the cherry fes with some friends already.
if that falls through i'll join you guys.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For those who have never seen them perform live, you must check out the SF Taiko Dojo performance. I believe tickets are $25 for the performance on the second Saturday night of the festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom