• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combine

Banned
Oh yeah, for those who didn't come because they don't drink, no excuse next time. I drank only water the whole time I was there. Sure, I may have been the only one possibly, but I still managed all the same.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You and Devo are meeting?

ffs.....i'm done.

Haha, wut?

Oh yeah, for those who didn't come because they don't drink, no excuse next time. I drank only water the whole time I was there. Sure, I may have been the only one possibly, but I still managed all the same.

You're the man, dude! There were several people not drinking. Still cool to go meet up with GAF dude/ettes.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Pizza Politana is the best pizza I had while I was there. The crust was just perfectly. A tiny layer of crisp on the outside and then soft on the inside without being too chewy. Good shit.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Hence why it's not on the recommended list.

Oh also if you're by the Ferry Building on a farmer's market day, go get some Pizza Politana.

I'll have to try this, as I've only had Hapa Ramen and the vegan tamales.

I've lived in the area for almost a year now, and I still haven't been to the east bay, so I'd be down to check it out next meetup.

If you like Neapolitan pizza and can deal with Anthony Mangieri's eccentricities, Una Pizza Napoletana serves some of the very best pizzas in the country.

Pizza-wise, Tony's Napoletana and Delfina Pizzeria are the best I've had in The City. Jupiter's is good, too.
Haha I know where the next GAF meetup is going to be :3
I was going to suggest the same thing! Maybe once the weather is a little better and we can sit in the back in the sun.
I'll have to try this, as I've only had Hapa Ramen and the vegan tamales.
There's a ton of good stuff at the Ferry Building. I love going there, but it's kinda expensive. Chicken buns at The Slanted Door takeout place and anything from Boccalone is highly recommended.

The places I took Timedog to were:

Jupiter (twice)
Venus (Shattuck)
Bowl'd (on Solano in Albany)
iScream (on Solano in Berkeley)
Suzu Noodle House (Japantown)
Tony's Napoletana (Little Italy)

If you haven't gone to any of those, I recommend doing so.

My daughter and I love those places.
I am surprised you guys didn't hit up Chutney, Little Star Pizza or Osha Thai noodles.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I might be down to join if you guys plan on meeting up again, although I'd prefer it be somewhere more south of the bay.

I'd also feel out of place if you guys went to a pizza place or a bar since I don't drink and don't eat pizza. :p

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You kinda missed out on berkeley pizza. Zacharys and cheeseboard. zacharys is like 4 inches thick and upside down. not sure if youre man enough, tbh.

I'm responding to a 2 day old pizza discussion. mmm, 2 day old pizza.

Rootbeer

Banned
Newbie Gaffer here. Also in SF. I walk past that location on 4th ST every day. Glad you guys had a good time!

Also, yeah Little Star would be amazing. It's rather small though, would need to reserve a table or arrive when the tide is low.

Combine

Banned
I'll be attending GDC on Wednesday or Thursday of that week (maybe both, but that'd be tough since I have to take pay cuts to attend). Would be nice if there was a meetup scheduled at the event itself. There's always tons of spaces where large groups can sit down in the convention center.

Newbie Gaffer here. Also in SF. I walk past that location on 4th ST every day. Glad you guys had a good time!

Also, yeah Little Star would be amazing. It's rather small though, would need to reserve a table or arrive when the tide is low.

Little Star opened up a restaurant in downtown Campbell, but named it Blue Line. Haven't been to Blue Line yet, but Little Star is good.

You kinda missed out on berkeley pizza. Zacharys and cheeseboard. zacharys is like 4 inches thick and upside down. not sure if youre man enough, tbh.

Zachary's is what converted me into "Chicago" style pizza. Paxti's in Palo Alto is decent too. They also opened up a location in Campbell.

Cyan

Banned

Zachary's is damn great for what it does... but it's just not my type.

Combine

Banned
Zachary's is damn great for what it does... but it's just not my type.
Agreed. Everyone raves about it, but I just cannot stand deep dish pizza. Especially one that is essentially a hunk of dough covered with about a pound of tomato sauce.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I can't say I deify Zacharys. But its just so fucking absurd you have to experience it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Have not been to Zachary's but Cheeseboard is a wonderful place.

edit:

Jupiter

Saturday

Who wants to go?

edit: Or Friday if that works better for folks.

AcridMeat

Banned
JNnCl.gif

Have not been to Zachary's but Cheeseboard is a wonderful place.

edit:

Jupiter

Saturday

Who wants to go?

edit: Or Friday if that works better for folks.

Saturday may work better. Planning on going to Union City for movie and dinner on Friday night (Have a weird craving for Jollibee since I just got back from the Philippines on Monday, despite eating it there like twice).

Acid08

Banned
I have some maybe/maybe not plans on Saturday so idk if I would be able to make it. Acrid let's do Friday AND Saturday if able.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i'd be down. if I have the cash, if not someone is buying me PBR all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom