• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So Evilore went to the LA meetup and was going to fly to NY for their meetup until his ER stint. Dunno what that says about the SF meetup. ;P

Combine

Banned
Ah, you did fine. None of us knew each other, so it wasn't like there was really a "group" to begin with.

Chill and quit running yourself down, amigo.
Well, I didn't do a good job of being a real person there. I mean, in terms of when I arrived especially. I think I recall just sitting there at the end of the table for an extended period of time (5-10 minutes) just looking and watching other people talk, not having a single clue as what I should do or say (and even kept looking at neogaf on my phone because I was so unsure).

I certainly didn't do a good job of conversing. I think the only person I conversed with for an extended period of time (ie. more than one back and forth) was vicissitudes, and that was only because he initiated it.

ronito

Well, I didn't do a good job of being a real person there. I mean, in terms of when I arrived especially. I think I recall just sitting there at the end of the table for an extended period of time (5-10 minutes) just looking and watching other people talk, not having a single clue as what I should do or say (and even kept looking at neogaf on my phone because I was so unsure).

I certainly didn't do a good job of conversing. I think the only person I conversed with for an extended period of time (ie. more than one back and forth) was vicissitudes, and that was only because he initiated it.

Did our conversation mean nothing? Sharing our dreams and aspirations. I feel so used!

SolKane

Just be proud you went out, man. Baby steps.

At first I thought Cyan looked like a LSU Tiger fan.

However, after scrolling through all the pictures.

Yep - Cal fan.

You can tell by the clean shave, and clean haircut. Also - no gut which would indicate a love of corn dogs. Instead, we see a man who has an affinity for vegan dogs.

Jhoan

I have to say, Combine is a handsome (Mexican?) devil. Damn man, you look a lot different than what your posts sound like (not in a bad way). It probably took some warming up for you to get comfortable to talk, but you did it; massive props to you man. *bro fist*

Fantastic pictures guys; you San Fran Gaffers look like a fun bunch. The Blamespace urinal thing was prety hilarious. I don't know how we NYC Gaffers gonna be able to top that (well public camera antics at Times Square) but we have EvilLore on our end so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what Washington and South GAF all look like.

Thank you for being the only StreetPass I had all day. I know this may not be considered a NeoGAF meetup as I don't know if you read this site - but I thank you for the being the only person with a properly working 3DS all day.

Lub,
E

Cyan

Banned
At first I thought Cyan looked like a LSU Tiger fan.

However, after scrolling through all the pictures.

Yep - Cal fan.

You can tell by the clean shave, and clean haircut. Also - no gut which would indicate a love of corn dogs. Instead, we see a man who has an affinity for vegan dogs.

Hehe. That pic with me and Cornballer laughing our heads off? Pretty sure I had just said, "hey, we're going to the Rose Bowl this year, right?"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The internets have been destroyed for me, for beholden thy graven image. You are doth not a 6' imaginary tiger :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
wenis you better be at the GDC meetup. I'M THERE TO TALK HIP HOP.

When is this? I'm not going to GDC but I sure as shit will be at the meetup if its on a weekend.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Aaaaaaand I'm back in Portland. That was a really fun meetup, my dudes. I can't believe me, Cyan, Ronito, and Tangent all in the same room together. Writing-GAF yeeeeaahhhhh. GAF in real life definitely exceeded my expectations.

::trollface::

Thanks for the pics, Devo! :)

Hehe. That pic with me and Cornballer laughing our heads off? Pretty sure I had just said, "hey, we're going to the Rose Bowl this year, right?"
That might have been the "Joe Ayoob was a 5 star quarterback" conversation.

Cyan

Banned
The internets have been destroyed for me, for beholden thy graven image. You are doth not a 6' imaginary tiger :(
I'm about the right size, if it makes you feel any better! ;)

That might have been the "Joe Ayoob was a 5 star quarterback" conversation.
You know what, I think you're right. :jnc

Well, if you get him in the right mood he will put on his tiger suit.
"I put on my mask and my tiger suit."

Lonestar

Well, if you get him in the right mood he will put on his tiger suit.

I imagine 3 corndogs and a piece of Sod will do the trick!

NCAA-GAF, being exposed one by one. If Southern GAF actually happens...football trash talk will never be the same....

ronito

Meh.

I hope you cleaned up the picture of lamespace after you whizzed on it.

tUXnY.jpg

Lonestar

Didn't read into it, but....wha @ piss???

I know I missed out on you crazy kids and your timedog/blamespace games, but huhwha?

Cyan

Banned
Didn't read into it, but....wha @ piss???

I know I missed out on you crazy kids and your timedog/blamespace games, but huhwha?

A reference to a thread from last year.

A poster named ChocolateCupcakes was flipping out about Piss Christ and going on about how it wasn't really art and whatnot. In response, blame space posted a picture of him pissing on ChocolateCupcakes' avatar (since removed, but preserved for posterity here!).

Anyway, it seemed poetic.

Tangent

Aaaaaaand I'm back in Portland. That was a really fun meetup, my dudes. I can't believe me, Cyan, Ronito, and Tangent all in the same room together. Writing-GAF yeeeeaahhhhh. GAF in real life definitely exceeded my expectations.

Portland is a good place to be. Yeah, I think we should get all the SF GAFers to join the writing-GAF!

A reference to a thread from last year.

Anyway, it seemed poetic.

Poetic, maybe. But that is a LOT of piss.

Butzo, new haircut's looking pretty rad.

Agreed!

Well, I didn't do a good job of being a real person there...

Nah, you were certainly there and it was awesome you came! Besides, I'm the one who is "not a real person."

Devo -- thanks for posting up the pix!

jasonng

And now for blamespace's present. Special thanks to wenis for the print outs and urine provided by timedog and cyan.

http://i.imgur.com/Vs5xC.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/msdQs.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm a supporter of Blame Space but even I think this is awesome. Well done.

I forgot to tell Bay Area GAF I introduced timedog to Korean food =), specifically kalbi. He loved it (never met a person who hasn't.)

Here he is just ripping into one.

Exxgy.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Everything there was good. The dip, the garlic bread, the sandwich, the pizza, the beer. I was eating tons of my girl's leftovers!

Cyan

Banned
Jupiters is awesome. Lived in the building across the street when I was a student. Ate there all the time.

Combine

Banned
Combine, you sexy devil, I am shocked!

You've got so much swag potential, man.
Well, I guess that goes to show and prove that, your external looks really don't matter much in the grand scheme of things. It's all about what's inside. But you sure I don't look creepy? I've always felt that, my biggest obstacle is that when I "act natural" I come off as someone who is creepy looking. Which could be due to how I'm always "on alert" deep down inside for threats and so forth when venturing outside.

Yet even I do not know what sort of "swag potential" I have.
Jupiters is awesome. Lived in the building across the street when I was a student. Ate there all the time.
Only been to Jupiters once. But I've always preferred Arinell's the next block over. Maybe because I'm only interested in the pizza and not the beer/liquor that is a staple of Jupiters

SolKane

Bay Area-GAF seems to be the most chill of all the regional GAF clusters. Lot of A-tier posters in this group, too.

The places I took Timedog to were:

Jupiter (twice)
Venus (Shattuck)
Bowl'd (on Solano in Albany)
iScream (on Solano in Berkeley)
Suzu Noodle House (Japantown)
Tony's Napoletana (Little Italy)

If you haven't gone to any of those, I recommend doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom