• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area GAF Meet 2012 - Feb. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmonax

You're wrong. I imagine the wine and cheese crowd doesn't use it though.

I have to respectfully disagree, based on my roughly seven years here. I acknowledge, however, that there may be a whole "Frisco" subculture, where people are getting incredible kicks from things I'll never know.

filler

Banned
I have to respectfully disagree, based on my roughly seven years here. I acknowledge, however, that there may be a whole "Frisco" subculture, where people are getting incredible kicks from things I'll never know.

hO8ya.jpg

z2mpQ.jpg

http://youtu.be/hjY3_2VNiWc

RBL Posse used it regularly in their raps. I'd say they are a lot more representative of SF than you or Whitta. Part of the reason it isn't heard so much these days, is that it was shortened to "The Sco".

Never heard of them. From a bit of research it seems that some people do say Frisco but that is very much a ghetto thing. Those pics seem to bear that out.

It's like being from LA and not knowing who Snoop Dogg is. lol

Really? Because I'd wager that Snoop Dogg is infinitely better known than either of the acts you mentioned. Asked my gf who has lived here her whole adult life and is pretty knowledgable about music, she has no idea who they are either.

Maybe we're just old. Anyone else here heard of them?

Acid08

Banned
It's like being from LA and not knowing who Snoop Dogg is. lol

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. I love RBL but comparing them to Snoop? lol, get the fuck out of here.

I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life and I've always called it The City.

UrokeJoe

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. I love RBL but comparing them to Snoop? lol, get the fuck out of here.

I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life and I've always called it The City.

It really is a great one. Every time I visit I am in awe. Love the place.

filler

Banned

Nope, would be just as bad as being from Vallejo and not knowing who E-40 or Mac Dre are.

Anyway, the original point was that Frisco is used by lots of people who are from there. Don't know why dude quoted me just to say nobody uses it, but he was wrong.

Acid08

Banned
Nope, would be just as bad as being from Vallejo and not knowing who E-40 or Mac Dre are.

Anyway, the original point was that Frisco is used by lots of people who are from there. Don't know why dude quoted me just to say nobody uses it, but he was wrong.

How is it a bad thing? Some people aren't into hip hop despite living in these areas, who gives a shit?

Apparently you do?

I think they're giving a shit about being told that they're not a proper resident because they're not familiar with the same underground musical acts as someone else.

Anyway I'm off to bed with my cocoa and my Kenny G albums. Have fun everyone!

filler

Banned
I think they're giving a shit about being told that they're not a proper resident because they're not familiar with the same underground musical acts as someone else.

But I thought you were all knowing about SF? Figured you'd at least know about one of the best hiphop acts to ever come of Cali, that are from Frisco.

But I thought you were all knowing about SF? Figured you'd at least know about one of the best hiphop acts to ever come of Cali, that are from Frisco.
I can tell you know about the local hip-hop culture, but come on, man. I grew-up listening to those dudes/groups, and no one who doesn't listen to rap knows who those guys are, just like no one who doesn't speak ghetto slang knows about "The Sco" nickname for The City. Maybe you're surrounded by that subculture on a daily basis, and that skews your perception, but that's still a small piece of the overall population. "Real talk." ;p

Frisco is The City and Oakland is The Town.
I see you've made many mistakes in this one sentence.
Nah. He's right. Unless there's some hidden joke in your statement, that I'm not getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom