• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2's 3rd Trailer 60 FPS

Flock off, feather-face!

I still don't believe it'll be free of framerate drops during combat, though. W101 had lots of issues with that, as did the 360 version of Bayo 1. Still, as long as it's better than the PS3 disaster, I'll be happy enough.

Jezan

The difference between 30fps and 60fps can be seen here. Cutscenes run at 30fps and then we get 60fps battle goodness.

Thank you!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Flock off, feather-face!

I still don't believe it'll be free of framerate drops during combat, though. W101 had lots of issues with that, as did the 360 version of Bayo 1. Still, as long as it's better than the PS3 disaster, I'll be happy enough.

Platinum has yet to release a game that didn't have frame drops. I guess we'll see if this is a first!

Shinta

Banned
Bayonetta's voice actress in part 2 sounds significantly worse. I doubt it's the same person.

Game looks amazing though. Can't wait.

Jintor

I legitimately did not know that game was supposed to be 60 fps until I played one of the secret missions. It was struggling to maintain 30 fps in some parts.

Some of the Prince Vorkken battles were INSANE, especially if you had Hero Time. I mean, it had at least 200 discreet if simplified units running around on-screen at once, possibly more, plus the crazy background effects, but still - at one point today it was going so slow-mo I thought I got caught in an enemy bomb

Hypron

The Pro controller is amazing.

It's good (feels good in your hands, light, insane battery life) but for action games like this I'd much rather have the buttons above the left stick. There are lots of ways to quickly adjust the camera while still being able to press buttons when the stick is below the buttons, but those methods don't really work with a stick layout like the Wii-U's.

It looks good no doubt but a game like this, I'd rather play with the dualshock. The lack of a good gamepad for the wiiu is a still a barrier for me.

Heh? The Wonderful 101 has pretty much the same feel and that game was a breeze on the tablet gamepad. Plus there's the Pro Controller if you really need a traditional scheme.

JB2448

It looks good no doubt but a game like this, I'd rather play with the dualshock. The lack of a good gamepad for the wiiu is a still a barrier for me.
The Wii U Pro Controller is probably my favorite of all time. I'm only sad that I won't get to play Katamari on it. Actually, scratch that, the Mayflash adapter also works for PS3.
7115A2m702L.jpg
I'm just impressed that they added a Japanese dub to the original Bayonetta and are including it in the package. That's attention to detail I can get behind.

I both love and hate how Bayonetta 1 is packaged with Bayonetta 2. I want to start Bayonetta 2 right away but I want to relive Bayonetta 1 in glorious 60fps.

OMG, so good. Game is gorgeous.

I don't know... sounds the same tbh.... but there is nothing on her website saying she was working on 2 so who knows.

I think the Platinum employee who regularly posts here confirmed it's the same actress. Some of the lines in the trailer do sound a bit out of character though.

Lyonaz

It still sounds like Bayonetta to me, and I have no issues recognizing her voice vs. the kid.

I think there is one instance in the trailer where you hear the kid but it has Bayonetta moving her lips, I think that's what is making people confused on the voice.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
You're crazy Wii U controllers are fantastic. As a Division 1 Fifa player I can tell you with some level of expertise its analog sticks are precise as fuck, a league beyond the DS3 you played Bayonetta on.

Frodo

I've been listening to 'Tomorrow is Mine' since the website launched. Love it. It hypes myself. I can see myself kicking angels in the butt in glorious 60fps. And I thought they wouldn't be able to reach the same greatness of Fly me to the Moon. But they just delivered and it is also a original theme.
My biggest question, though, is: will I re-play Bayonetta first (played it on the PS3) or will I play Bayonetta 2? So many questions.

Edit: slightly disappointed that EatChildren is in the thread and didn't post any Bayonetta 2 gifs.

Top Bottom