• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2's 3rd Trailer 60 FPS

Tobe

this is gonna make me buy a wiiu. bayo was my favorite game last gen, spent at least 200 hours in the game and got everything in it.

kilgore glitch hoorah! that shit was broken.

The kid's voice actor does the worst English accent I've heard in my life. OK, maybe the second worst after Luke's voice in the US-localised Professor Layton games, but it's still pretty horrific. Just no concept of what an English person actually sounds like, which is weird because you have to imagine he (or she, I suppose) must have met Bayonetta's voice actor (an actual English woman). Boggles the mind.

I'm kind of hoping he becomes the final boss and we have to do the most epic button mashing QTE to punch him a trillion times :p

YOUR MISTAKE WAS TO UNDERESTIMATE MY POWEEEEER

Jintor

The kid's voice actor does the worst English accent I've heard in my life. OK, maybe the second worst after Luke's voice in the US-localised Professor Layton games, but it's still pretty horrific. Just no concept of what an English person actually sounds like, which is weird because you have to imagine he (or she, I suppose) must have met Bayonetta's voice actor (an actual English woman). Boggles the mind.

I'm kind of hoping he becomes the final boss and we have to do the most epic button mashing QTE to punch him a trillion times :p

Is he english? He sounds, like, south african or something.

RocBase

AAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_li9hkyfNpI1qi4ajvo1_400.gif

Honestly he could pass for Jamaican or like Icelandic or something, too, but I'm guessing from the fact that he ends every sentence by calling Bayonetta 'love' that he's supposed to be English.

2San

Bayonetta's voice actress in part 2 sounds significantly worse. I doubt it's the same person.
Yeah that's the first thing I noticed. The VA of both characters sound bad. However I don't buy games from Platinum, because of the VA.
He looks a lot like the Wondeful 101 kid and he was Indian.

Jintor

Yeah that's the first thing I noticed. The VA of both characters sound bad. However I don't buy games from Platinum, because of the VA.

He looks a lot like the Wondeful 101 kid and he was Indian.

Well, I don't really think looks have too much to do with accent really. Lotta asians in England these days (Asians in the British sense, i.e. Pakistani/Indian etc)

2San

She sounds the same to me.
I haven't played Bayonetta in a while, so I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses.
Well, I don't really think looks have too much to do with accent really. Lotta asians in England these days (Asians in the British sense, i.e. Pakistani/Indian etc)
I didn't read the convo properly, didn't notice it was about what the accent sounded like.

Kangi

I still remember announcement day like it was yesterday. Ah, memories.

This game looks too good in 60fps. I think including the original turned this into a buy for me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
This shit looks so amazing. E3 was amazing

When I saw the Masked #lumen full battle from the game trailers video my mouth literally dropped. That shit looked better than Father Balder in Bayonetta 1 and that was like the best fight in that game and they're demoing it. Just outstanding.

Hypron

I can already feel it. The main theme is totally going to start playing at the end of the final boss fight when you start kicking his/her/its ass. Speaking of which, I'd love if they did something similar to MGR:R and had lyrics kick in during the climax of each boss fight.

Kamiya wasn't joking about competing with the Bayo2 team. It looks like they were trying to see who could make the most annoying child character.

Golnei

I can already feel it. The main theme is totally going to start playing at the end of the final boss fight when you start kicking his/her/its ass. Speaking of which, I'd love if they did something similar to MGR:R and had lyrics kick in during the climax of each boss fight.

In the original game and Wonderful 101, they just implemented a 'finisher' track with lyrics, rather than a variation of the boss theme. I think it's probably going to be the same here.

AAK

This game has one of the worst main character design I've ever seen. Yet this looks to be the funnest single player game to be released ever. I'm buying. But dammit... that character design....

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The one thing you can say about Bayonetta 1 is that it always had a heck of lot of personality when she started dancing at the end I just smiled for most of it because it fit the game perfectly. I'm expecting the sequel to be the same.

STANDING HEEEEERE, I REALIIIIIISE

Lawd, I think I just got an endorphin rush just from the memories. Suddenly remembering I never started my Revengeance run after finishing Very Hard :p

I seriously don't know how Platinum manages to top themselves with each successive game. The stuff they're showing for Bayo 2 looks incredible, but you know it isn't even scratching the surface of what that game's going to offer. I honestly can't even imagine what Bayo 2's end game is going to be like.

Clockwork5

It looks good no doubt but a game like this, I'd rather play with the dualshock. The lack of a good gamepad for the wiiu is a still a barrier for me.

Using the analogue triggers to dodge was absolutely terrible. I have dreams of playing this game with the Wii U pro contoller.

Also the PS4's lack of a decent controller is the reason it is collecting dust on my shelf. To each their own maybe?

This game has one of the worst main character design I've ever seen. Yet this looks to be the funnest single player game to be released ever. I'm buying. But dammit... that character design....

As a person who owns one gaming-related book and that's Eyes of Bayonetta, a book about the first game's art, I have only one thing to say to you:

u wot m8

IIRC all of the pre-release W101 videos were locked at 60fps and that didn't turn out well in terms of dips.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic that the extra time Platinum has spent with the hardware is being put to good use.

I know that even though I got all the achievements in Bayo 1, I'm going to play through it first when I get the sequel.

Probably going to do this:

Bayo 1 normal > Bayo 2 normal
Bayo 1 hard > Bayo 2 hard
etc

EDIT: It's going to suck going back to Mysterious Destiny after hearing Tomorrow is Mine though... =/

Top Bottom