• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2's 3rd Trailer 60 FPS

Dreavus

So tempted to get out my copy, but I think I'll hold off until Bayo 2 hits and I finally pick up a Wii U.

With moves like these he better be:
ibaLao9qrLyTzP.gif

imKCiWpnMkMGa.gif

irQ1hfY32I9yo.gif

Why have I not seen these gifs before, holy crap. That fight looks amazingly fun.

Filaipus

Banned
Seems awesome. The cool thing is that Platinum NEVER made a bad game. Most of them weren't perfect, but they were all really good products.

Just watched the OP's video but one question:

Why do the sounds, gameplay and HUD all remind me of 99 Nights?

It's an action game like NNN, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Well, except NNN had amazing music as well. Bayonetta isn't a DW clone, it's far more cinematic and the controls are much tighter, a very satisying gameplay.

killatopak

can anybody grant this poor gaffer's request?

I want to download the theme song for B2 but I can't seem to get a file from one of the links I found that is using mega's website.

If somebody could upload it to mediafire instead I would be so happy.

Edit: Specifically the song is "Tomorrow is Mine".

ironcreed

Banned
This game looks positively glorious and even better than the first one. That said, I also can't wait to play the first one all over again with all of the neat little additions and costumes.

Only on Wii U, baby. They seriously need to slap that on all of their boxes from here on out.

y2dvd

This game looks positively glorious and even better than the first one. That said, I also can't wait to play the first one all over again with all of the neat little additions and costumes.

Only on Wii U, baby. They seriously need to slap that on all of their boxes from here on out.

Having just bought a WiiU and never playing the first game, I am so looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Having just bought a WiiU and never playing the first game, I am so looking forward to getting my hands on this.

The first game is amazing. The combat system is really fluid and controls perfectly and there is a mountain of unlockables.

It's so awesome that it's being included for free. Now there's really no excuse to not buy this for anyone on the fence.

Satch

Banned
omg i just turned on bayonetta and i was watching the opening cutscene thing that plays when you turn the game on

the "In your wickedness..." blah blah stuff with Rosa and Bayo's dad before the court, and theyre holding baby Bayonetta

and Babynetta has this red marking on her forehead that looks like the mark Loki has on his forehead

LordOfChaos

So I was running FRAPS and I saw that website had the trailer running at ~30fps. Is there another way to see it at 60, or was that just a hardware limitation (at least for web video, as I know I can watch 1080p60fps when local)

robotrock

Banned
The visual difference between Bayo 1 and 2 is interesting. It seems the main improvement is much more dynamic backgrounds and more saturated color. Bayonetta 2 is a lot more vibrant to look at.

Oh wow, the difference is huge. Next gen leap. Bayo2 looks beautiful

Neiteio

The visual difference between Bayo 1 and 2 is interesting. It seems the main improvement is much more dynamic backgrounds and more saturated color. Bayonetta 2 is a lot more vibrant to look at.
Do you have a large version of that last screenshot, with Madame Butterfly vs. Temperantia?

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

Neff

Yeah I was just thinking about this the other day. While it's a very colourful game compared to most, Bayo 1 revels in its sepia-toned European gothic imagery, wheras the sequel blasts the screen with sharp, pure arcade neon. It looks amazing and I can't wait.

Been a long time since I played Bayo, so that Accessory Dodge Offset is definitely new to me.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm trying to keep myself fresh until I can experience Bayo1 and 2 "fresh", I'd fire up the game, now. Then again, it is the PS3 version...

It's not an accessory, it's an innate ability.

jnWake

Bayonetta 2 is so much sharper, it seems to have way better image quality than Bayonetta 1 (those screenshots are from the Wii U port?).

Bayonetta 2 is so much sharper, it seems to have way better image quality than Bayonetta 1 (those screenshots are from the Wii U port?).

The first 2 Bayo 1 screenshots are from the original game. The third is From Platinum's site and seems to be a development shot because it was originally 1920x1080 (with no visible aliasing) but I downsized it.

Been a long time since I played Bayo, so that Accessory Dodge Offset is definitely new to me.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm trying to keep myself fresh until I can experience Bayo1 and 2 "fresh", I'd fire up the game, now. Then again, it is the PS3 version...

Dodge Offset's in Metal Gear Rising and Wonderful 101 too! It's one of the best mechanics to come out of last gen.

ironcreed

Banned

Damn, what a difference when seeing them side by side. Bayo 2 just pops out so much more.

Neiteio

It's funny how well this game suits Nintendo's lineup, in terms of its focus on mechanics, design and overall game feel. This and other Platinum projects are on a very similar wavelength to Nintendo, even if their subject matter varies wildly.

TnK

Watching the gameplay videos on gamersyde.com, the game does not maintain 60 FPS all the time. Maybe full 60 FPS is for bayonetta 1?

EDIT: what is the release date for bayonetta 2?

Raonak

Banned
Can't overstate how much better bayo's character design is. goddamn.
And thank god they ditched that sepia tone look from bayo1.

her vocal delievery sounds weird though.

Felensis

Banned
dafoe.gif

Gimme dat buttery 60fps shit NOW!! All in Day1 experiencing Bayo 1 for the first time with Bayo 2 following directly thereafter *__*

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Watching the gameplay videos on gamersyde.com, the game does not maintain 60 FPS all the time. Maybe full 60 FPS is for bayonetta 1?

EDIT: what is the release date for bayonetta 2?

Are you talking about the cut scenes (that are at 30 fps) or have you noticed some drops? And where?

Looks insane, can't wait!

The popping colours fits this series so much better.

Bleep

I'm really curious if they will fix the Kilgore glitch in this version of Bayonetta 1 or leave it as it is. I thought it was fun to do but it was pretty game breaking!

Bulbasaur

Banned
Having never played Bayonetta, prior to this E3 I had no interest in the sequel whatsoever. But bundling it with the original is just to good and it actual looks like a lot of fun.

Yup, never did like the grime filter in Bayonetta 1, no idea why they did that, doesn't fit with the game at all. Or maybe it does, with Bayonetta's memory being clouded and all. Maybe it's cleared up now for Bayo 2 and thus the clear and bright graphics :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

People seem overly concerned about this

LordOfChaos

So I was running FRAPS and I saw that website had the trailer running at ~30fps. Is there another way to see it at 60, or was that just a hardware limitation (at least for web video, as I know I can watch 1080p60fps when local)

Anyone else check the framerate in the video?

fred

Are there any Bayonetta 1 360/PS3 and Bayonetta 1 Wii U comparison shots or gifs floating about at all..? Have they made any other improvements on top of removing that sepia filter, like upgraded textures for example..?

TreIII

It's not an accessory, it's an innate ability.

No, I mean the one where they demonstrated that you can do an Offset from the Accessory Activation (when Bayonetta snaps her fingers) and also from a Taunt. I never knew you can do it from those!

EDIT:

Wait you can offset via TAUNTS?!?!?!?!?!

Fuck me I've played bayo for at least 200 hours and never noticed @_@

/edit holy shit AND accessory offset? Holy crap, don't need to pause to pull up the butterflies anymore in angel slayer! KAMIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This guy gets it. If I had known that it was this easy to get out a Triple when I wanted it...

Defuso

Should I play Bayo 1 before jumping to Bayo 2? Never played the first one. :(
(It is awesome to get both games on WiiU :) )

fred

Hopefully this is going to get released before the 28th October cos then I can ask my Mum to get it for my birthday! :eek:)

Top Bottom