• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2's 3rd Trailer 60 FPS

765280914540976456.gif

GAHHHH

so sick looks like Magitek

Adaren

I believe JP said months ago that it's the same voice actress, unless I'm crazy.

Can confirm: definitely the same VA.

Still, she sounds a little different, but perhaps we just haven't heard her in the same scenarios that stick in our mind so strongly from the first game.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Can confirm: definitely the same VA.

Still, she sounds a little different, but perhaps we just haven't heard her in the same scenarios that stick in our mind so strongly from the first game.

Well things do happen to voices over time, and this is ignoring personal decisions in tone etc I'm not exactly surprised.

imae

Anyone else thought that the environments in this trailer were mostly ugly looking with simple geometry?

I wouldn't say ugly but they are quite simple yes, similar to the first game in that regard.

The animations, special effects design, fast action and 60FPS more than make up for it though.

Trailer actually gave me goosebumps!, my most anticipated game of the year by far.

ph00p

Banned
Some art designer was so proud of his only on wii u art, I guess they finally get to use it.

The environments are barren arenas I mean of course the combat takes place in arenas but at least dress it up.

The environments are barren arenas I mean of course the combat takes place in arenas but at least dress it up.

The two most prominent fight scenes they've shown take place on a train that's hurtling along a collapsing bridge while fighter jets are flying around with a cityscape closing in. Then there's a boss fight along the side of a skyscraper while you're flying with the whole city visible in the background with flames and fireballs and all types of crazy shit. The backgrounds in this game are almost too busy.

Tain

I really hope we get a DF face-off between Wii U Bayonetta and 360 Bayonetta. Hopefully the Wii U version is an improvement.

Some art designer was so proud of his only on wii u art, I guess they finally get to use it.

They've used the only Wii U logos for a while now in trailers, even more now since pretty much almost every notable gaming coming out in the future are exclusives.

Giolon

Jesus Christ, so good!

But where do you even take the sequel to a game that ends with
punching god into the sun
?

jtenma

Banned
have you ever even heard a song by KESHA ROSE?

I guess this is the part where I say, "yes". Yea, whatever.

Then we go back and forth bickering at each other on how it does/doesn't sound like Ke$ha.

CHANGING the SUBJECT.
Before I get banned.

The game looks good!

I know that even though I got all the achievements in Bayo 1, I'm going to play through it first when I get the sequel.

Probably going to do this:

Bayo 1 normal > Bayo 2 normal
Bayo 1 hard > Bayo 2 hard
etc

This reminds me, have they talked about the difficulty levels compared to Bayo 1? I thought in Bayo 1 normal was challenging enough in that I had to try some encounters several times and it taught me to play better, whereas at the end of MGR (playing it on normal) I realized that I had no idea how to actually play the game properly. I'd rather not repeat the MGR experience.

Also I wonder if this'll have that great loading screen with all the moves like in the original.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, I didn't catch that she fist-bumps Madame Butterfly

GIMME GIMME GIMME

Oh haha that's sick

I thought she was smacking the hand given the line she delivers in the trailer during that scene

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I like Loki's desigh and his "luv" thing doesn't bother me yet.

Excited to see how he developes throughout the story.

Adaren

This reminds me, have they talked about the difficulty levels compared to Bayo 1? I thought in Bayo 1 normal was challenging enough in that I had to try some encounters several times and it taught me to play better, whereas at the end of MGR (playing it on normal) I realized that I had no idea how to actually play the game properly. I'd rather not repeat the MGR experience.

Also I wonder if this'll have that great loading screen with all the moves like in the original.

They haven't talked about the difficulty as far as I know. However, I do think that the inclusion of Umbran Climax will alert new players to the importance and power of Wicked Weaves.

Here's to hoping the Angels in Chapter 3 aren't on fire again. I love Bayonetta, but the difficulty curve in the first 5 chapters of the game is brutal.

Maybe I'm just stretching because of the way the first game played out with
Cereza
, but Loki strikes me as a young
Rodin.

One major difference being that
Rodin doesn't have amnesia.

Still a good theory, though, and one I hadn't thought of! I was also thinking it might be some sort of parallel with the first game.

popyea

They haven't talked about the difficulty as far as I know. However, I do think that the inclusion of Umbran Climax will alert new players to the importance and power of Wicked Weaves.

Here's to hoping the Angels in Chapter 3 aren't on fire again. I love Bayonetta, but the difficulty curve in the first 5 chapters of the game is brutal.

lmao, I remember my first time getting to this section I had no idea how what the wicked weave combos were and resorted to just inflicting chip damage with the guns.

Top Bottom