• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2's 3rd Trailer 60 FPS

Majukun

Oh haha that's sick

I thought she was smacking the hand given the line she delivers in the trailer during that scene

actually she says that line in the demo ina totally different scene,same for another line that we can hear in the trailer

Astral Dog

This game has one of the worst main character design I've ever seen. Yet this looks to be the funnest single player game to be released ever. I'm buying. But dammit... that character design....

What are you talking about? She looks gorgeous! ♥
Ip1DlN1.jpg

Squishy3

The two most prominent fight scenes they've shown take place on a train that's hurtling along a collapsing bridge while fighter jets are flying around with a cityscape closing in. Then there's a boss fight along the side of a skyscraper while you're flying with the whole city visible in the background with flames and fireballs and all types of crazy shit. The backgrounds in this game are almost too busy.
And the boss fight with the Lumen Sage's second stage has a demon Bayonetta summons and Angels that he summoned duking it out in the background that change how their fight is going based on how well you're doing vs the Lumen Sage. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
And the boss fight with the Lumen Sage's second stage has a demon Bayonetta summons and Angels that he summoned duking it out in the background that change how their fight is going based on how well you're doing vs the Lumen Sage. :p

Does it?

Hypron

That's so fucking cool. I really can't wait for this game.

Chaos17

Originally Posted by Squishy3

And that was just chapter 1, lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So this is a DMC clone right? Is it better or worse? I played DMC as a kid and kinda liked it so I might pick this up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So this is a DMC clone right? Is it better or worse? I played DMC as a kid and kinda liked it so I might pick this up.

It's very similar to DMC though puts a greater emphasis on dodge and unbroken mobility. I prefer Bayo. It's legit my favourite character action game ever.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's very similar to DMC though puts a greater emphasis on dodge and unbroken mobility. I prefer Bayo. It's legit my favourite character action game ever.

Nice, hopefully the camera is better than DMC, that shit got me killed all the time :D

popyea

Yeah, it was speculated it would work like that when we got the 2nd trailer. A specific example was that at one point Fortitudo has Bayo's summon in a headlock of sorts (due to the player getting hit a few times by the sage), but by hitting back against the sage, her summon broke free.

Never played Bayo 1 so I cant wait to dive into both games when it releases. I didnt really care much for it really but that trailer and the Treehouse playthrough really sold me on it.

mrmickfran

So she has her normal Scarborough Fair, Dual swords, a bow & arrow, a flamethrower/freeze thing, a triple scythe, and A FUCKING HAMMER!?!

GOTY 2014, No contest.

In the past few months I've went on a character action binge and I'm not sure I agree with that assessment on what makes Bayo different. You're not wrong, since mobility and dodging is made much easier in Bayonetta for a reason, but I find that both games have a pretty high emphasis on mobility; in DMC3 and 4, knowing when to re-position yourself in a fight and both neutral-jumping and dodge-rolling on audio cues are positively clutch when it comes to getting decent grades on boss fights and surviving higher-difficulty battles, since it allows you to keep your damage output coming. While you don't have a manual dodge and mobility forms like you do in Bayo, not keeping yourself moving will get you flattened.

To me, the biggest difference between DMC and Bayo is the flow of offense. In DMC games, it's all about weaving very specific combo-strings together in a way that keeps crowds of enemies at bay while being able to focus on taking down a single target quickly without breaking your stream of attack for as long as you're able. It's why weapon-switching is such an important skill; it keeps your grade climbing while allowing you to quickly adapt to any situation and keep your attacks going. The same principle applies to Nero's Exceed and Buster: Exceed increases damage and modifies an attack's properties while the Buster provides additional flexibility in the form of Snatch (which isolates single enemies) and Dunk (a powerful single-target attack that also has crowd control properties).

In Bayo, it's more about stretching out individual combos and being able to finish them with a giant wicked weave. The real damage and regeneration of your primary offensive resource (magic) from most weapons comes from when you hold down an attack button and fire off your weapon after that initial hit. Wicked weaves not only deal a ton of damage, but also send multiple enemies reeling. Being able to stretch out and finish individual combos is the entire reason why mastering Dodge Offset (or being able to continue a combo string after dodging or morphing into a panther and running away) is so important and why Witch Time lasts an age. If you're trying to mash it out like DMC while playing Bayonetta, you're not doing it right.

For the record, I also prefer Bayonetta over DMC. :)

TreIII

In Bayo, it's more about stretching out individual combos and being able to finish them with a giant wicked weave. The real damage and regeneration of your primary offensive resource (magic) from most weapons comes from when you hold down an attack button and fire off your weapon after that initial hit. Wicked weaves not only deal a ton of damage, but also send multiple enemies reeling. Being able to stretch out and finish individual combos is the entire reason why mastering Dodge Offset (or being able to continue a combo string after dodging or morphing into a panther and running away) is so important and why Witch Time lasts an age. If you're trying to mash it out like DMC while playing Bayonetta, you're not doing it right.

For the record, I also prefer Bayonetta over DMC. :)

Moreover, Dodge Offset is easily the more important aspect. Because after all, the toughest opposition in the game (re: Gracious and Glorious, those fun bastards) either has little/no Witch Time opportunities present for you to exploit, while Infinite Climax (hardest difficulty in the game) takes away Witch Time entirely.

The game pretty much expects you to utilize Dodge Offset for all its worth, and to me, it's easily the most fun tool a character action game has given, yet. Just the notion that Bayo2 will give us a whole new set of levels, enemies and bosses to use it on is enough to have me salivating.

Moreover, Dodge Offset is easily the more important aspect. Because after all, the toughest opposition in the game (re: Gracious and Glorious, those fun bastards) either has little/no Witch Time opportunities present for you to exploit, while Infinite Climax (hardest difficulty in the game) takes away Witch Time entirely.

The game pretty much expects you to utilize Dodge Offset for all its worth, and to me, it's easily the most fun tool a character action game has given, yet. Just the notion that Bayo2 will give us a whole new set of levels, enemies and bosses to use it on is enough to have me salivating.

Not to mention all those "Wicked Weave Only" Alfheims in Bayo 1 that practically mandate Dodge Offset for you to rank well. I think the biggest thing that Dodge Offset brings to the table is allowing a player to focus completely on using defensive mobility without worrying about compromising their current combo. Learning that Dodge Offset works when you not only dodge but also when you change into your high-mobility panther form massively altered how I played the game and made fighting against Gracious and Glorious (and playing at NSIC) much less of a headache.

I think the biggest thing Bayo 2 is bringing to the series are the massively different types of weapons that it's introducing. One of my main complaints about Bayonetta is that most of the weapons largely feel the same; aside from the katana and whip weapons (counting among the ones you unlock normally, not including the nunchaku and Rodin weapons), the other weapons largely function as slight modifications on Scarborough Fair with more heavy-hitting ammunition. With Bayo 2, we've got flamethrowers, freeze beams, a triple-headed scythe, a bow with poison arrows and a giant fucking hammer. The one thing that DMC had over Bayonetta was that Dante's weapon had more 'personality' - each weapon had a very specific niche and were utilized in their own unique way. Bayonetta 2 seems to be fixing that in a massive way.

Hypron

It's entirely possible to play without though. I got all the achievements without knowing about dodge offset. I went back to it recently and played using dodge offset and it's more pleasing that way though.

Fuck

I turned that fight off once the crazy shit started popping off. I'm not ready ;_;

Adaren

So she has her normal Scarborough Fair, Dual swords, a bow & arrow, a flamethrower/freeze thing, a triple scythe, and A FUCKING HAMMER!?!

GOTY 2014, No contest.

I believed you missed whip boots.

The feeling dodge offset gives is unparalleled. It's a fantastic way to allow players to do combos while still moving around with complete freedom.

I believed you missed whip boots.

The feeling dodge offset gives is unparalleled. It's a fantastic way to allow players to do combos while still moving around with complete freedom.

It's seriously one of the most brilliant innovations in action game history. Before Bayonetta came along I used to just write off most dial-a-combo action games as a matter of course. There's no fun to be had when you can only ever get the first two or three hits of your six and seven-hit combo strings out before having to dodge or block, y'know? I was pretty much convinced that DMC-style single-input moves were the only viable option. Then Her Radiant Majesty arrived on the scene, and while it took me ages to drum Dodge-Offsetting into my brain and thumbs, I eventually saw the light. It's something I really wish other developers would pick up on sooner rather than later; the only non-Platinum game I've seen it pop up in was Remember Me, oddly enough, but that combat system wasn't really tight enough to pull it off consistently.

SoulUnison

Banned
Nice, hyped for this game. Damn now I need to watch the ending dance sequence form the first game, that tune is soooo infectious........

http://youtu.be/fNfTdkWSoTo

I love the fact that she literally dances through the plot of the first game in this sequence.

I love even more the fact that when this happens after the credits you don't even question it.
It's just like: "Well, yeah. It's Bayonetta."

Trojan X

Banned

GOTY 2014, No contest.

No kidding. I seriously seriously beg anyone to differ against Bayonetta 1 & 2. Both of these game are absolutely raw and unadulterated gameplay at it's rawest form with aplenty of fun and immense award to boot. The amount of depth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_LIu5EaZg) and creativity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ca0msiYZ9o) in Bayonetta is absolutely insane and the game just constantly keeps on giving (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSP9eMmM-Fw)! As someone said, this game is like a love letter for gamers; even girls go crazy for Bayonetta (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOskK62fX0w - I got the same Gun and even my partner loves Bayonetta. In fact, she calls her Bayo-nee san) and players of all skill level can play this game! If this game is not GOTY 2014 then I'm sorry, there really is no hope left in this games industry for gamers. Don't care how different the other games are (if people cared then the GOTY category wouldn't exist) , bring on Witcher 3, bring on Uncharted 4... it doesn't matter how graphically sophisticated those games are for when it comes to Bayonetta those games cannot hold the cradle against it in terms of core gameplay and fun.

fred

i think the Wii U has very strong candidates for GOTY - Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2. And then next year you've got Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda too.

Can't wait to play both Bayonetta games, I completely missed out on the first one for some reason last generation. Kept on meaning to buy it but just didn't get around to it.

Nibel

Bayonetta 2 finally shows what the first one implied: you can have a cinematic gaming experience without taking away player control or relying on chained QTEs.

And releasing a slightly enhanced Bayonetta 1 for Wii U is a huge, huge plus in my book - a book with a already huge amount of pluses for PlatinumGames. :)

For what it's worth, I *loved* Bayonetta and only half-like DMC.

What are the chances we see a Wii U redesign this year? I'm looking to rebuy one for this game (I sold my first system to cover moving costs). I also really dislike the way the black console looks.

For what it's worth, I *loved* Bayonetta and only half-like DMC.

What are the chances we see a Wii U redesign this year? I'm looking to rebuy one for this game (I sold my first system to cover moving costs). I also really dislike the way the black console looks.

Like none.

This reminds me, have they talked about the difficulty levels compared to Bayo 1? I thought in Bayo 1 normal was challenging enough in that I had to try some encounters several times and it taught me to play better, whereas at the end of MGR (playing it on normal) I realized that I had no idea how to actually play the game properly. I'd rather not repeat the MGR experience.

Also I wonder if this'll have that great loading screen with all the moves like in the original.
Practice mode is in.
Oh haha that's sick

I thought she was smacking the hand given the line she delivers in the trailer during that scene

One of the demos at E3 was a more recent build of Jet Set Holiday. She says that line in the cutscene before the Gomorrah fight.

Also, the premise for that entire scenario is that Bayonetta and Jeanne were trying to go christmas shopping, when suddenly Angels.
I like Loki's desigh and his "luv" thing doesn't bother me yet.

Excited to see how he developes throughout the story.

I can't see how people are comparing him to (the 101 version of) Luka. Like, they're both arrogant I guess, but Loki comes off less as whiny and more as smug.
Incredible wishful thinking but I hope the Lumen Sage and BaYugi are playable.

With moves like these he better be:
ibaLao9qrLyTzP.gif

imKCiWpnMkMGa.gif

irQ1hfY32I9yo.gif

Maybe I'm just stretching because of the way the first game played out with
Cereza
, but Loki strikes me as a young
Rodin.

Can't have more than one token black guy, amirite?

In all seriousness, I don't see anything connecting them other than that. Plus, that theory only really works if you forget that Rodin was an Angel.

GOTY 2014, No contest.

I hope they give her at least one more kick only weapon. So far three out of the seven weapons(bow, scythe, hammer) are punch only, with just one for kicks(whips).

Neiteio

Bayonetta is gorgeous. Although I think I prefer her original hairstyle. Both look great, though. :)

Can someone refresh my memory: What was the name of the mode where you battled increasingly difficult waves of enemies in the first game?

I want to find videos of high-skill-level play.

Azure J

The discussions in this thread about Bayo's combat mechanics really remind me of how little I did to really get good in that game. I should go rectify that.

Satch

Banned
Bayonetta is gorgeous. Although I think I prefer her original hairstyle. Both look great, though. :)

Can someone refresh my memory: What was the name of the mode where you battled increasingly difficult waves of enemies in the first game?

I want to find videos of high-skill-level play.

Angel Slayer

the portals were called Alfheims

The discussions in this thread about Bayo's combat mechanics really remind me of how little I did to really get good in that game. I should go rectify that.

The nice thing is the execution barrier isn't very high. My appreciation for the game really grew when I did a Platinum run to unlock Jeanne.

Never got to do NSIC since I lost my 360 ;_;

Top Bottom