• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

HYDE

Banned
Threi said:
Err my reasoning is buying a console for one game that is already playable (yes, playable) on a console you own isn't a smart purchase.

But then again he said he can afford it, and most of GAF can relate, considering how many people have multiple consoles, so if you feel the need to go right ahead.

I agree with this also. I know my reasoning is different. Not only would I never support a broken console, but definitely not go and buy one just for a game based on others opinions.

EDIT:mad:Dabookerman
If people complain about losing $60 on a game is a whole lot different than losing $200 on a console. Facts are facts. Don't discredit a fact based on an opinion of the console itself.
It is safer to buy a game that at least works when you play it.

KAOS

Getting a 360 for Bayonetta, better 3rd party ports and everything else it has to offer... is totally worth it!
Now where in NYC can we find this beast???

HYDE

Banned
KAOS said:
Getting a 360 for Bayonetta, better 3rd party ports and everything else it has to offer... is totally worth it!
Now where in NYC can we find this beast???

And this is why the thread turns to crap.
Instead of this being a 360 wank fest lets talk about how awesome Bayonetta as a multiplatform game is, not why its better on ones preferred console.

I have both consoles yet feel indifferent on controllers for action games.
Lets change the atmosphere to supporting Platinum/Sega/Sony/Microsoft,
instead of Microsoft only.

HYDE said:
Instead of this being a 360 wank fest lets talk about how awesome Bayonetta as a multiplatform game is, not why its better on ones preferred console.

I have both consoles yet feel indifferent on controllers for action games.
Lets change the atmosphere to supporting Platinum/Sega/Sony/Microsoft,
instead of Microsoft only.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the controller, and the fact that the PS3 port is a significant downgrade is not off topic. It's something potential buyers with an choice between the two NEED to know.

Anyway, I can't even describe how hyped I am for this game. It looks absolutely incredible

HYDE said:
THIS!

I would honestly rather support a broken port, than a broken console.

Is there a (USA) PS3 Bayonetta owner that has the balls to post their early copy?

HYDE said:
I agree with this also. I know my reasoning is different. Not only would I never support a broken console, but definitely not go and buy one just for a game based on others opinions.

EDIT:mad:Dabookerman
If people complain about losing $60 on a game is a whole lot different than losing $200 on a console. Facts are facts. Don't discredit a fact based on an opinion of the console itself.
It is safer to buy a game that at least works when you play it.

HYDE said:

I totally agree with the third guy.

HYDE

Banned
It has to do with the controller for me. I understand you. I loved Ninja Gaiden Sigma I/II more than the original and black due to the controller. DMC and DMC 3/4 all used the dualshock. God of War I/II/III use the dualshock. XBOX 360 controller sucks for action games. I know that Platinum worked on 360 and Sega on PS3. I just don't want to play with the 360 controller.
Back on topic, I love the changes from witch to panther, absolutely incredible.

Once again, anyone with the US PS3 Bayonetta please post your pics.

Monocle

HYDE said:
It has to do with the controller for me. I understand you. I loved Ninja Gaiden Sigma I/II more than the original and black due to the controller. DMC and DMC 3/4 all used the dualshock. God of War I/II/III use the dualshock. XBOX 360 controller sucks for action games. I know that Platinum worked on 360 and Sega on PS3. I just don't want to play with the 360 controller.
Back on topic, I love the changes from witch to panther, absolutely incredible.

Once again, anyone with the US PS3 Bayonetta please post your pics.
Haha, no. DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 play absolutely flawlessly with the 360 controller. And Bayonetta as well. The superior triggers make a big difference, considering how frequently you have to evade.

HYDE

Banned
Monocle said:
Haha, no. DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 play absolutely flawlessly with the 360 controller. And Bayonetta as well. The superior triggers make a big difference, considering how frequently you have to evade.

Once again my preference, not yours. I didn't say they play better for you.
And still I disagree.

Monocle

HYDE said:
Once again my preference, not yours. I didn't say they play better for you.
And still I disagree.
Oh, don't pull the "it's just my opinion" card. You made a definitive statement. And you're wrong.

Jigsaw

Banned
Monocle said:

if you dont like the triggers you can evade with R1 too

i beat all the alfheim challenges,the triggers works flawlessly

HYDE

Banned
Monocle said:
Oh, don't pull the "it's just my opinion" card. You made a definitive statement. And you're wrong.

Sorry, but I don't take bait. I didn't ask for an opinion either.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
is it worth it for me to steal a 360 to play this game from my neighbor

he's really little, and his parents are pretty poor, so i don't think they'll be able to afford a lawyer to take me to court

Monocle

Jigsaw said:
if you dont like the triggers you can evade with R1 too

i beat all the alfheim challenges,the triggers works flawlessly
I'm not saying the DS3's triggers don't work. I'm saying the 360 controller's triggers are better. They have a nicer spring and they're more comfortable to hold down. Here, of course, is where we enter the realm of preference. The main point is that 360 controllers are fine for action games, whether or not they have distinct advantages over other control options.

HYDE said:
Sorry, but I don't take bait. I didn't ask for an opinion either.
You do realize that you're on a discussion forum, right? The whole point is to exchange opinions. :lol

beelzebozo said:

he's really little, and his parents are pretty poor, so i don't think they'll be able to afford a lawyer to take me to court

Do eeeet!

HYDE

Banned
elrechazao said:
dude, really....gamespot forums are that way ---------->

it is funny you know where they are.:lol

Does Jeanne lose items to you when you beat her down (Like when Vergil loses the Beowulf gauntlets to Dante)?

Thanks in advance, and please spoiler the answer.

HYDE said:
XBOX 360 controller sucks for action games.
It works fine for me. DMC4, NG2 and ninjs blade, bullet witch etc. whats wrong with it?

KAOS said:
Getting a 360 for Bayonetta, better 3rd party ports and everything else it has to offer... is totally worth it! Now where in NYC can we find this beast???
HYDE said:
And this is why the thread turns to crap. Instead of this being a 360 wank fest lets talk about how awesome Bayonetta as a multiplatform game is, not why its better on ones preferred console.
It's not trolling to talk about the differences between the games and why one prefers one to the other. You guys need to stop with the mindframe that saying something which even slightly downplays your console of choice is trolling. People have stated numerous times they're going for the inferior PS3 version, mostly because "I prefer the controller".

HYDE

Banned
elrechazao said:
Something tells me you won't have to worry about it for too long.

Its okay for a junior to have an opinion also.
I am not flaming or bating. (ok maybe the combat back with gamespot)
You,mono,dabooker, and others may disagree with me, but like mono said it is a forum so opinions can be stated. I love the game, you do to. Lets drop the version/controller talk.
Do either of you have an answer about the Jeanne question?(cause i really want to know)
I like neogaf, always have. I just want to be a member with an honest opinion.

Monocle

beelzebozo said:

Stealing something makes a statement that the item you took is desirable, and I don't think it's appropriate for you to support a broken console. However, if this neighbor has a PS3 as well, it would be okay to steal both consoles, because that way you'd be promoting a multiplatform attitude as opposed to trolling.

HYDE

Banned
Monocle said:
Stealing something makes a statement that the item you took is desirable, and I don't think it's appropriate for you to support a broken console. However, if this neighbor has a PS3 as well, it would be okay to steal both consoles, because that way you'd be promoting a multiplatform attitude as opposed to trolling.

ok ok you got me man.
that was pretty funny.
I know i sounded like a tard.:lol

Ok I finally caved and played the PS3 demo. Fucking hell, it is as good as everyone is raving. Wayyyy exceeded my expectations. I have one question though, please tell me there isn't as much tearing in the final PS3 game as there is in the demo. It's awful.

Curufinwe

CadetMahoney said:
It works fine for me. DMC4, NG2 and ninjs blade, bullet witch etc. whats wrong with it?

It's not trolling to talk about the differences between the games and why one prefers one to the other. You guys need to stop with the mindframe that saying something which even slightly downplays your console of choice is trolling. People have stated numerous times they're going for the inferior PS3 version, mostly because "I prefer the controller".

I played 60 hours of DMC 3 with the Dual Shock 2, and I was a bit worried about playing DMC 4 on the PC with the 360 pad. But it didn't take me long to adjust and I had a great time with it.

The only thing I never got used to was the crappy D-pad which was a pain when I wanted to switch styles as Dante.

AniHawk

I should be doing hw said:
Ok I finally caved and played the PS3 demo. Fucking hell, it is as good as everyone is raving. Wayyyy exceeded my expectations. I have one question though, please tell me there isn't as much tearing in the final PS3 game as there is in the demo. It's awful.
The IGN review made it sound pretty bad.

HYDE

Banned
Does bayonetta switch styles or do weapons just change the moves?
I hate watching video spoilers.
@beezlebobo: just borrow it for a really long time, until the 720 comes out.

Technoob

Banned
HYDE said:
Why are you posting inane questions every 2 posts, and continuing to make lol xbox breaking jokes?

You really need to stop.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Oh gawd, I just played the demo four times in a row now... it's gotten to me real bad. I need this game. ;_;

Technoob said:
Why are you posting inane questions every 2 posts, and continuing to make lol xbox breaking jokes?

You really need to stop.
He wants some face time with Bish, no doubt.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
HYDE said:

now to e3 isn't really a long time

So I've just been hoarding halos and finally went on a shopping spree. I bought all of Rodin's recommendations in one go. Selene's Light + Bat Transformation + Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa = Witch Time madness. The Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa in particular is a complete game changer. Rodin knows his shit.
HYDE said:
XBOX 360 controller sucks for action games.
Bayonetta proves you so, so wrong.

goldenpp72

I really don't get how the 360 pad is bad for action games, i got through ninja gaiden 2 on 360 master ninja style without ever wishing the pad was different, or sigma on ps3, do people have pussy hands or something

The best buy near me today was showing in stock and I did in-store pickup - went to the customer service and they said it was flagged for fraud, and told me to cancel the order, i told them that's rediculous and they should call, 20 min later they get the order canceled and said I could buy it in store because they had "a lot" of copies of the game - I went to the games and asked, 15 min after looking and looking the girl says "I've never heard of this game we show we have 40+ in stock but I can't find them"

Awesome. Guess I'm waiting.

Also - 360 pad is just fine for this game.

The US PS3 demo was better than the Japanese one, but still not as good as the 360 one. That's a fact. If other factors like the controller or love of Sony makes the difference that you want to play it on PS3, good for you. But the 360 one is the best version, end of discussion.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
beelzebozo said:

it's Christmas, so yes

Dahbomb

As a person who had spent countless hours playing action games on the Dual Shock and then had to switch to a 360 controller to play action games... it was perfectly fine. I was worried about the RB button vs the R1 button for lock-on in DMC4 but it didn't really bother me and it was a great 1 to 1 conversion.

However the problem came with the D-pad (Style switching for Dante) but that wasn't that big of a deal. With Bayonetta on the other hand it is the opposite... it is SUPERIOR on the 360 because the Evade button is on the Right trigger and you will be using it A LOT. PS3's R2 kinda sucks for this kind of thing. Ninja Gaiden is also pretty rad on the 360 controller but having block on L1 is ok so there isn't much difference between those 2 games (Sigmas and originals).

Everyone has their own preferences, there is no definitive better controller or what not. I will still say that Bayonetta feels like it was made with the 360 controller in mind and thus it works really well for it.

N30RYU

Gold Member
If there's no patch for the PS3 version, to me the game isn't worth it... i'll wait till Bioshock 2 then...

imtehman

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
I really don't get how the 360 pad is bad for action games, i got through ninja gaiden 2 on 360 master ninja style without ever wishing the pad was different, or sigma on ps3, do people have pussy hands or something

its not, its just one of those meme's you say over and over again hoping it sticks.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Never understood how the 360 controller is terrible for only action games. Seems like if you hated it for action games you would hate it for everything.

_tetsuo_ said:
Never understood how the 360 controller is terrible for only action games. Seems like if you hated it for action games you would hate it for everything.
Word. The 360 controller is my favourite and it's near-perfect the way it was designed. The only area it sucks ass in is for Fighters. That fucking D-pad!

Curufinwe

Dahbomb said:
As a person who had spent countless hours playing action games on the Dual Shock and then had to switch to a 360 controller to play action games... it was perfectly fine. I was worried about the RB button vs the R1 button for lock-on in DMC4 but it didn't really bother me and it was a great 1 to 1 conversion.

However the problem came with the D-pad (Style switching for Dante) but that wasn't that big of a deal. With Bayonetta on the other hand it is the opposite... it is SUPERIOR on the 360 because the Evade button is on the Right trigger and you will be using it A LOT. PS3's R2 kinda sucks for this kind of thing. Ninja Gaiden is also pretty rad on the 360 controller but having block on L1 is ok so there isn't much difference between those 2 games (Sigmas and originals).

Everyone has their own preferences, there is no definitive better controller or what not. I will still say that Bayonetta feels like it was made with the 360 controller in mind and thus it works really well for it.

I completely agree with all of that, but I have to add that the PS3 Real Triggers make R2 (and L2) much better on the Dual Shock 3.

Only $5 from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IAOEXU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom