• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta and more titles added to Xbox One BC

timlot

Banned
BC on Xbox One still amazes me. The fact they were able to emulate PowerPC architecture on X86 is quite a feat. Its almost as if Microsoft has some of the best software engineers in the World. They created DirectX....

I hope that Digital Foundry does a comparison video of Bayonetta XB1 v Wii U. Really curious which one I should finally sit and play.

BC on Xbox One still amazes me. The fact they were able to emulate PowerPC architecture on X86 is quite a feat. Its almost as if Microsoft has some of the best software engineers in the World. They created DirectX....

I'm really curious to see how much Scorpio further improves it.

So how does this work, i just put the disc in and play from menu?

Put the disc in and start installing it. I just went upstairs to see if I still had my 360 copy of the game

dfbEijn.jpg

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

kjacobson

Neo Member
I hope that Digital Foundry does a comparison video of Bayonetta XB1 v Wii U. Really curious which one I should finally sit and play.

So much this. They always find interesting comparisons, so I'm hopeful. Message them on Twitter or on their Youtube channel so they can see some interest, I'm sure they are probably going to be busy finding things to talk about related to PS4 Pro recently though.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
One down four to go!

Vanquish
Tales of Vesperia
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey

silva1991

Bought Bayonetta 1 digital on 360 back in the day, so thankfully my broke ass Xbox One can still play it.

Always in for another Bayo playthrough. I hope my saves transfer over. Sai Fun took me forever to get.

So much this. They always find interesting comparisons, so I'm hopeful. Message them on Twitter or on their Youtube channel so they can see some interest, I'm sure they are probably going to be busy finding things to talk about related to PS4 Pro recently though.

Do you know their official twitter handle? @digitalfoundry isn't verified an last tweeted 2 months ago.

Nooooooooooooooooo, I didn't transfer my Bayonetta save to the cloud :(

Oh well, probably best I start again given how long it was since I last played. HERE WE GO LADS.

Unit24

The delayed input for BC titles will probably hurt Bayonetta a lot, unless it doesn't have that problem.

Also, last time I played Bayonetta on 360, it was running so poorly that the final Jeanne fight was nearly unplayable. I have no idea how that even happened, considering it didn't do that when I originally beat it.

-shadow-

I'm pretty sure the 360 version was already better than the Wii U version when it came to a more solid framerate. Wii U version was never the best way to play.

The frame-rate was higher in some places and lower in other. However it was running with v-sync on the WiiU, so the framerate no doubt was lower because of it. I wonder how the game performs on Xbox One. Stable 60fps would be great.

Well forced v-sync was the reason I always recommended the WiiU version on top of the extra's. But since the emulator forces v-sync I'm curious how it performs now.

The frame-rate was higher in some places and lower in other. However it was running with v-sync on the WiiU, so the framerate no doubt was lower because of it. I wonder how the game performs on Xbox One. Stable 60fps would be great.
For real a stable 60fps with zero screen tearing would make it the best.

until that sweet PC version drops eventually one day maybe

I had a quick blast on it earlier, framerate dropped quite bit during one of the early cutscenes but it seemed OK during gameplay. Was very early on and I was too busy trying not to suck at the game to pay attention to framerate so take that with a big pinch of salt.

I had a quick blast on it earlier, framerate dropped quite bit during one of the early cutscenes but it seemed OK during gameplay. Was very early on and I was too busy trying not to suck at the game to pay attention to framerate so take that with a big pinch of salt.

If I remember correctly, cutscenes are locked at 30fps in Bayonetta. Glad it's OK in gameplay.

Unit24

Wow, most BC games have serious input lag, but it looks like Bayonetta plays perfectly fine on Xbone. Good to have another excuse to replay it.

Top Bottom