• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta and more titles added to Xbox One BC

thelastword

Banned
Hope it runs locked 60fps with no tearing. I so wanted this game to get a remaster on next gen consoles, so this is the best thing to happen to it in the interim.........

Cfer

Neo Member
I can't wait for Daytona!! As someone who has skipped gaming for over a generation, I am having a sensational time with crazy taxi, jet set radio, symphony of the night and all the Sega Classics on backward compatibility.

Does anyone care to guess how Scorpio will handle 360 BC?

The same as Xbox One, likely with further framerate improvements (I imagine they might be able to most games running locked at their respective framerate caps - at the very least no more emulation-specific dips) and maaaaybe some improved upscaling (no uprendering). I wouldn't expect anything crazy since there's not a whole lot that's worth doing that also wouldn't potentially cause issues that would require extra, game-specific work.

Bizzquik

Does anyone care to guess how Scorpio will handle 360 BC?

My dream is Microsoft will magically unlock the frame rate on all 360 games - third party included - to get 60fps across the board....but that makes no logical sense.

Scorpio probably guarantees that all 30fps-targeted 360 games are truly locked at 30fps. If Scorpio sports a new CPU (to go with increased memory), maybe we'll always get faster loading times. And just a reminder that current XB1's have Vsync to help with 360 screen-tearing.

BC games on Scorpio will run better than they ever had...but its still just emulation software that won't attempt to tweak the base game.

I really don't see why it should not, XB1-S is more powerful than Wiiu and the game was unlocked on the 360 with a 60fps cap.

If Bayonetta were being run on the hardware as a new native XB1 port or remaster (as in, not through 360 software emulation) a locked 60fps would be pretty much guaranteed. But it's not.

I mean, if Bayo on XB1 runs at a locked 60fps, I'll buy the game for a third time.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
If they can get the rest of the Sega/Platinum games on here I'll buy a One instantly.

W.S.

This is great news but it's disappointing how little these Sega games tend to go on sale in the XBL store compared to PSN. Specifically Bayonetta and Binary Domain.

Lazaro

If Bayonetta were being run on the hardware as a new native XB1 port or remaster (as in, not through 360 software emulation) a locked 60fps would be pretty much guaranteed. But it's not.

I mean, if Bayo on XB1 runs at a locked 60fps, I'll buy the game for a third time.

Well, SEGA is currently exploring options for porting titles like Bayonetta for PC.

Once it comes to PC, we will most likely see it being remastered for consoles as well. Including hopefully 1080P/60fps HDR support.

Xenoflare

It has odd drops during cutscenes, but the framerate is much, much more consistent. Her chapter 1 summon at the fountain supports this, lots of places that had big drops aren't there.

There were also no tearing.

Akai__

Looks like I'll have to check those out.

Did they add any dual disc games, after their announcement of supporting those soon?

Lima

Wow, most BC games have serious input lag, but it looks like Bayonetta plays perfectly fine on Xbone. Good to have another excuse to replay it.

Input lag was mainly an issue with Unreal engine games and even those got fixed when the emulator was patched.

It's a cache issue for sure.

I've just played an hour for capture and it's been nearly perfect throughout.

We saw some users encounter this with Forza Horizon as well.

It's a bug in the BC not a problem with the emulation of this specific game.

Did you try bullet climax? That would cause slowdown everytime i used it.

danowat

Banned

Hmmm........this could be why I could barely play Far Cry : BD then?, is there any easier way of clearing cache than the power lead hokey cokey?

Akai__

Hmmm........this could be why I could barely play Far Cry : BD then?, is there any easier way of clearing cache than the power lead hokey cokey?

There was a Clear Xbox 360 Cache option, but they must have renamed it to "Clear local Xbox 360 storage" with one of the newer updates. Be careful, though. It deletes offline profiles and savefiles, so make sure you have a cloud save on the Xbox 360 games you play. Should be synced automatically, if you play online.

Will there be a DF comparison with the WiiU release or will this be X1 vs X360 like the other BC videos?
I think a lot of fans would appreciate the former!

Catdaddy

Fired up Bayonetta last night - been years... looks like this will be my weekend.

I noticed some slowdowns, mainly during the cutscenes.. nothing that really impacted gameplay...yet...

It has odd drops during cutscenes, but the framerate is much, much more consistent. Her chapter 1 summon at the fountain supports this, lots of places that had big drops aren't there.

There were also no tearing.

Not surprised about no tearing, as I'm pretty sure all (or most, maybe?) BC games lack it.

Also good to hear about the improved framerate, but I highly doubt it's a locked 60. If it is, that's incredible and would literally be the first non-PC Platinum game to achieve it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Are you a preview member? Do you have the current preview dashboard installed? The one with clubs and LFG?

It should include a fix for the bc framerate/stuttering.

Bayonetta ran like this yesterday (without the update):
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vega/video/21372195

I got the update today but I haven't checked Bayonetta yet.
Good lord.

I am actually in the preview program so that might explain the lack of issues. That looks awful and I certainly haven't encountered anything like that.

NJD316

Neo Member
Oh snap, I dug out my old copy of Beyonetta just yesterday and was wondering if it was going BC. Good timing!

Are you a preview member? Do you have the current preview dashboard installed? The one with clubs and LFG?

It should include a fix for the bc framerate/stuttering.

Bayonetta ran like this yesterday (without the update):
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vega/video/21372195

I got the update today but I haven't checked Bayonetta yet.

Looks quite cinematic imo.

I'm on the preview dash and it runs fine. Had slowdown during some cutscenes in the prologue but gameplay has been smooth.

FZW

Wow, most BC games have serious input lag, but it looks like Bayonetta plays perfectly fine on Xbone. Good to have another excuse to replay it.

I always hear ppl say this but I never played any BC games with noticeable input lag. I have played fighting games, racing games, and shooters. Didn't notice anything. What games did you get lag with?

Unit24

I always hear ppl say this but I never played any BC games with noticeable input lag. I have played fighting games, racing games, and shooters. Didn't notice anything. What games did you get lag with?

Halo: Reach, Gears 3, Doom 1 and 2, Shadow Complex, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, and Banjo Kazooie. With Alan Wake, Banjo, and the Dooms, it's not all that noticeable, but it's really bad for the others.

Monocle

Played this last night, got unbelievable slowdown even in the loading screen practice room. Like a literal slideshow, not even kidding. A hard reset solved it.

Playing this game with an XB1 controller is ace. If only the Wii U version supported it somehow.

Top Bottom