• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Luigi87

Bluh, I really gotta replay Chapter XII. Got a Stone because I really screwed up right at the end...
I sort of left Cereza in the electricity...

Dereck

I don't want to touch Bayonetta 2 unless I can get a silver trophy in each chapter on Normal in this game. You guys should see a screenshot of my trophy record in this game.

Revven

Okay so, it's funny. I have no trouble vs bosses, but vs some enemies in this game I have some of the hardest time dealing with them. It's pretty silly. I guess it's just because I'm still getting adjusted to the combat or something. :/

I just finished Chapter... 12, I think? Maybe it was 13. Anyway, I'm pretty far in at this point so I'm not sure why I have such difficulty sometimes... I almost need to have items with me through most of these chapters even though I don't like to rely on them so much. Why couldn't this game have points where you could get health between fights? That's the real stickler for me.

Dereck

Okay so, it's funny. I have no trouble vs bosses, but vs some enemies in this game I have some of the hardest time dealing with them. It's pretty silly. I guess it's just because I'm still getting adjusted to the combat or something. :/
Which ones?

The ones that I can't use Witchtime on are the ones I have trouble with. The Bayonetta clone robots are annoying as well.

Revven

Which ones?

The ones that I can't use Witchtime on are the ones I have trouble with. The Bayonetta clone robots are annoying as well.

The clone robots are def. one enemy type I have trouble with -- mostly when there's three of them. I also had a lotttt of trouble with Grace and Glory in some spots because of how little wiggle room I had to evade + try to get Witch Time from their attacks. Oh and the annoying manatee-like flying enemies are a pain in the ass to try and hit and then do a good enough combo on them (then again, I never tried using the aerial dive kick on them yet so maybe that's my problem...)

Other than that, that's really it. And they're fairly "common" enemy types throughout the game.

Just beat chapter 5. Seems more difficult than W101 only becuase witch time is more finicky here than hero time (and also from what I tried in bayonetta 2) and there are SO MANY cheaps deaths. OMG. The game is fun but those QTE death, or traps shits are horrible.
Ive got more life taken from cheap deaths and touching some hazard/falling over a cliff than enemies hitting me. Is that bad.
Going back to witch time, I don't have many problems with normal enemies, but wow, some bosses, big enemies. I do witch time just as they are going to touch me, and she evades, but witch time doesnt activate sometimes. Like the big face with the two dragons.

BTW Ive gotten all the records but I only can buy in the shop 2 weapons of them. The Katana nor the whip appear in the rodin shop to buy(even though I gor the LP for them). Do I need to buy first the guns or something. Also everything is expensive as hell.

Dereck

I agree, these things suck too.

346px-Fairness.jpg
359px-Fearless.jpg

Labrys

BTW Ive gotten all the records but I only can buy in the shop 2 weapons of them. The Katana nor the whip appear in the rodin shop to buy(even though I gor the LP for them). Do I need to buy first the guns or something. Also everything is expensive as hell.

The second slot pair of weapons in the shop are for the feet, you can't use the katana or the whip on the feet so only guns show up.

As for money, this was posted earlier in the thread but in chapter 1, go to the top bit in the train station and break all the benches, then hop on top of the train and ride it into the tunnel. you'll get 10,000 each time. Equipping Odette makes the process go a lot faster.

So where can i get the katana and the whip? Or do i have them already in the menu?
Yes, you get them automatically after Rodin gets them for you. Equip them in the first slot in the menu.

Revven

Fairness and Fearless aren't too bad if you can manage to catch them both in your wicked weaves. I think the one thing I hate about them is their roar AOE move, which you can't seem to avoid (at least I haven't figured out how) which puts you in that annoying stunned state and forces you to wiggle the stick (did I mention yet how I HATE this mechanic in a game like this? It was in Rising too and it was just as annoying in that game).

Dizzy-4U

Currently doing some clean up. All Alfheim up to chapter 10 done so far.

It's really amazing how much I improved in the last couple of hours. There were some enemies like Grace and Glory that kicked my ass so badly and now I'm like whatever man, bring it.

Those Alfheim thingies are truly the Time Chamber from Dragon Ball.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

346px-Fairness.jpg
359px-Fearless.jpg
Fearless isnt too bad, fairness is a piece of shit, atleast his first appearance, I think they got rid of the gimmick of only being able to attack him in witch time afterwards which made him less of a pain, tho after that they started appearing pairs most often which can ge annoying.

This version is so good. I can't believe I got this and the sequel for $60. What a great deal. Been trying out the costumes but only used the Link and Samus ones so far.

BadWolf

Fairness and Fearless aren't too bad if you can manage to catch them both in your wicked weaves. I think the one thing I hate about them is their roar AOE move, which you can't seem to avoid (at least I haven't figured out how) which puts you in that annoying stunned state and forces you to wiggle the stick (did I mention yet how I HATE this mechanic in a game like this? It was in Rising too and it was just as annoying in that game).

You can still parry/counter when she is dizzy so I don't even bother with the spinning, just keep tapping forward in the direction of the enemy if they attack. And you can dodge through that roar iirc.

And yes, that stick wiggle mechanic needs to die in a fire. PG does some dumb things regularly in their games.

They should follow Itsuno's example and not go anywhere this shit, like DMC4 and Dragon's Dogma.

have not played today at all, not sure what I should do go back to level 5 where I got frustrated and changed the difficulty to easy (very easy) and got to level 9

thinking I could grind out on normal and accept 10+ deaths per level or finish the game on very easy just to finish the game and get the story I want to go play Bayo2

not sure if I want to fight some of these annoying things again so soon might as well move the story forward and go suffer the hardship with Bayo2

can always come back to this later lol maybe so many games T_T

Dizzy-4U

Finished all the Alfheims. Those weren't as bad as I thought.

I'm gonna catch a few crows I'm missing and off to hard mode.

Jintor

346px-Fairness.jpg
359px-Fearless.jpg

Nah, if you trip them with PPKKK and just use dodge offset a bunch these guys are generally too slow to do anything to you without getting punched around. I do mess up the timing on their leap-bite move though.

As I recall the roar manifests/is represented as a physical wave which you can dodge straight through

Finished tonight, need to come back to it after Bayonetta 2 now and stop sucking so much. Game(s) of the year in a single package for me it's starting to look like, haven't been able to stop. Ridiculous, really.

GulAtiCa

Is your increase vitality suppose to go away? Does it go away when I die? Or when I save and return later on and reload save file?

Muzy72

Banned
Is there any way to get rid of the Miiverse button on the GamePad? I'm playing off TV and that shit is so distracting. :/

Jintor

is that the one that makes them angry?

yah

parry accessory especially will change the way you play, but the other accessories have their uses (Pulley's is a great safety net, the dodge mines are useful especially on Infinite Climax where you can't witch-time anyway, etc)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Having played 9 chapters today I have to say something about the Wii U port looks nicer than the 360 version but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member
Playing Bayo for the first time, and am really torn. I want to try out the new costumes, but feel like I would be missing out on the original experience. Thoughts on when I should/shouldn't use the alt costumes? Any places Bowser would be prominently featured as a summon?

Squishy3

Is your increase vitality suppose to go away? Does it go away when I die? Or when I save and return later on and reload save file?
Theone from angel attack is temporary, the ones you buy from the Gates of Hell are permanent. No idea if the angel attack ones go away when leaving a chapter or not.

Labrys

Playing Bayo for the first time, and am really torn. I want to try out the new costumes, but feel like I would be missing out on the original experience. Thoughts on when I should/shouldn't use the alt costumes? Any places Bowser would be prominently featured as a summon?

Bowser's arms and legs replace Madama Butterfly's during Wicked Weave attacks and parts where you lift things, but during times where she headbutts her head isn't replaced with Bowser's head.

With the Link and Metroid costume Bayonetta's Eye of the World on her chest is missing, causing some weirdness in cutscenes where it's being focused on, but other than that there's not really too much of a missed experience. I'd still say keep the original outfit until next playthroughs though, the aesthetic of it is really nice.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished it on normal. Man, the final boss was just as amazing as I remembered.

I missed a single broken witch heart and I have no clue where it is. I know it's not in an alfheim so I guess I'll have to follow a guide and check every one on my easy playthrough.

KHlover

Banned
So SSB bayonetta DLC is pretty much a given at this point right? or would that be to risque?
Hm, Palutena does have a taunt where she spins around her staff like a pole and her (pretty much voidless) legs are visible. On the other hand Tharja trophy got cut and Peach has a void where here panties used to be. :p

Top Bottom